Downloaded alpha version of Curseforge

So I decided to download and try the Curseforge alpha from Overwolf. I know I hated Overwolf a couple of years ago as it installed all these random things with it and randomly took screenshots, videos and whatever when I played Overwatch. So I was a bit skeptical to downloading it now, but as twitch will be updated and removing addon support next week and I think the other third party substitutes people have created are really not working I decided on this.

The other thing being it was a memory hogger.

What I can say from first glance is, it is essentially the same addon part from the twitch app. And I mean THE SAME. They added warnings though. Apparently I had download a classic version and they had a warning about that so it downloaded the correct version for me. So all in all my first impression of this is that it really doesn’t feel all that bad. And as for memory usage. It sits around 200-300 MB. The Xbox app uses more than this. Also no extra stuff installed. Only a lightweight Overwolf app that does almost nothing.

I know there’s this whole other issue in the community right now about Overwolf and addons. But I’m not going into that. As a WoW player right now, this seems to be the same as the Twitch app, minus the stream part. And working great and really smooth. Smoother than the twitch app ever was. Just saying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.