DPS Rankings / Tier List (Everything wise : PVE + PVP) (For BFA and the upcoming Shadowlands)

Hello guys :slight_smile:

There’s a list for " DPS Rankings / Tier List (Everything wise : PVE + PVP) " but for “WoW Classic” (On icy-veins).

The summary of that post on icy-veins (main points I’ve written below)

1. Mage (S - Tier)

2. Warlock (A - Tier)

3. Warrior (A - Tier)

4. Rogue (A - Tier)

5. Hunter (B - Tier)

6. Feral Druid (B - Tier)

7. Shadow Priest (C - Tier)

8. Retribution Paladin (C - Tier)

9. Enhancement Shaman (D - Tier)

10. Balance Druid (D - Tier)

11. Elemental Shaman (D - Tier)

So guys my question is - What would be the DPS Rankings / Tier List ? (Everything wise : PVE + PVP) (For BFA & the upcoming Shadowlands) ?

Please share your thoughts / opinions and give out all of your advises and why you think so ?

I would much appreciate it.

Below is my list what The " DPS Rankings / Tier List " (Everything wise : PVE + PVP)

Will be in BFA + Shadowlands (Especially in Shadowlands) (From Logic + Lore perspective overall rational mind basically). (My personal thought).

1. DH, Warlock, Mage & Rogue (S - Tier)

DH, Warlock & Rogue - (100% Revendreth-Venthyr) & (90% Maldraxxus-Necrolord)

Mage - (100% Revendreth-Venthyr) since Kae’thas Sunstrider is there & (100% Bastion-Kyrian) & 60-80% Maldraxxus-Necrolord.

Coming to Mage (all 3 - especially Frost & Arcane do fit 100% Bastion-Kyrian).

1. Warrior & DK (A - Tier) - (100% Bastion-Kyrian & Maldraxxus-Necrolord).

2. Druid & Hunter (B - Tier) - (100% Nightfae-Ardenweald & Bastion-Kyrian).

Hunter fits both & Druid fits only and only Nightfae-Ardenweald.

1. Priest & Paladin (C - Tier) - (100% Bastion-Kyrian).

2. Shaman & Monk (D - Tier) - (100% Bastion-Kyrian).

These all were my own personal thoughts - and wanted to share with you guys :slight_smile:

And also get your opinions / advises and why you think so?

Please let me know.

Kind Regards :slight_smile:

We do not know shadowlands class changes, gear and gear progression so any lists are pointless. Also do note that DPS differences on Classic are way way bigger than on retail. If you aren’t doing mythic raid progression or M+ above 20 you can play anything and you performance will be capped by your gear and skill, not by your spec design and numbers.

4 Likes

Thank you Bigkeg I know that - I just did my own speculations even if it’s pointless for you, for me personally it’s good fun and does have a point to do a speculation - I wanted to see some speculated thoughts and opinions basically. Thank you once again Bigkeg :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seeing Shaman’s down there makes me sad.
I’m still catching up - progress wise - and I’ll only focus much on Shadowlands raiding. Still, I want to try and do the heroic achievements at time before the Shadowlands arrival.

1 Like

Then roll a dice. Anything meaningfull needs data and we don’t have anything. Speculating without data is worth nothing, and just spreading misinformation.

2 Likes

Its for Classic, not for BfA.

1 Like

I’m not spreading misinformation - based on the timeline since vanilla I’m saying and making these conclusions and one can make a guess and speculate even without a data.

Anyhow thanks for your opinion Bigkeg :slight_smile:

One can freely write and discuss this matter on Forum thanks to Blizzard we’ve this opportunity and choice :slight_smile:

I can tell you with :100:% certainty rogue will be OP in m+ in SL.
If there is a timer there must be shroud

1 Like

You do realize that vanilla class design is vastly different than current and that in vanilla some specs were unfinished and had to wait till TBC and WoTLK to be on par with others? (hybrid classes). Right now majority of casters doesn’t even use mana as a true resource and frostbolt isn’t main damage dealer for a frost mage.

So you are rolling a dice. You have 1/dice size chances to be correct. If people post 1000 or 10 000 lists here at random one will be true. This isn’t valuable discussion or anything and at bests promotes negative understanding of the meta in the game. And you already misinformed Martwin as he didn’t notice that “list” is for Classic, not for BfA.

thanks for your opinion Bigkeg :slight_smile:

(Let the new meme be borne
Can we all thank Bigkeg?:flushed:)

1 Like

YesI agree with you since they’re doing Rogue style dungeon even, but what you’re saying is PVE and I’m sure Rogue will be strong in PVP as well.

So you agree with 25% of what I’ve said.

How about DH , Warlock and Mage ? Do you agree they will also be in S tier ? (number 1 Godlike tier) everything wise (PVE+PVP) wise ?

Speculating what will be great in shadowlands is pretty meaningless: no-one has even gotten to play the expansion yet. And it’s not like it matters either way, Blizzard does a good enough job to balance the classes in a way where no one single class is nonviable.

I get that you’re speculating for fun, but for me speculations should be based on real data that could actually be useful. Pure speculation on the other hand often serves no other purpose other than “I like speculating and then getting things right, at least sometimes”. Or at least I’m hoping that you’re not expecting accurate rankings. Anyways, here’s mine (totally accurate btw):

Top tier: demon hunter, priest, monk, dk

High tier: warrior, mage

Mid tier: warlock, hunter

Low tier: rogue, paladin, shaman, druid

Btw, don’t ask me how I came up with those. However, I can reassure you that I used the most scientific methods to acquire my data, but I would like to keep my methods secret.

4 Likes

It’s hard to say what will happen to specs without azerite traits.
I think prot pally will be my pick to enter SL.

2 Likes

I disagree with you

I’m talking here about BFA and mainly about Upcoming new year expansion Shadowlands.

And it’s not misinformation neither misrepresentation of the meta of the game.

Blizzard provided the choice and there’s no roll a dice to certain extent there’s but not fully as considering the timeline and everything one can speculate and be highly likely correct maybe not at everything but some parts will be correct.

Anyhow your opinion is clear thank you.

Please guys share your thoughts and opinions and advises.

I would much appreciate it.

At this point, NOBODY has the first clue about classes next expansion. Including the devs. With their commitment to making classes classes again (if they do), there will be enough changes that it’s not even possible to guess what abilities will make the cut, much less performance.

I do see informed guesses starting to trickle out of the PTR about the next patch, though. Here’s Preach, on the subject of how the classes are looking for raiding (not for M+, not for PvP) so far:

1 Like

But that’s not DPS :slight_smile:

I trust in prot pala talents and abilities to carry me into the unknown :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I’ve seen this video and that’s only for PVE

Not PVP

I’m analysing everything wise

PVE + PVP

I still stick to what I’ve said guys :))

Thanks to all of you for your opinions

Please do share your opinions and advises I would much appreciate it

Well i will bet on BrM monk to be top tier raid tank in progresion, not because he is good now, but stagger, if it isnt reworked, or nerfed drasticly, i guess we will see them again, and we all know they were used to progress for years.
As for dps, u can be sure there are gona be full DPS classes, so basicly if u wanna be fotm raid dps, roll one of dps only classes and just change spec, if your class cant do nothing else u will be in middle at worst which is pretty fine.

M+ ofc rogue because shroud, BUT! We dont know affixes, maybe they will make some ( got few ideas) to prevent this, or simply just like with everything else, just make a shroud item from profesion and here we go… (ik we got pots but still)
Healer will imo be still druid because of his kit, if he doesnt need to spam heals he just put all dots and goes dps for few seconds… Will see how they are after nerf tho, but their design is unique and op in some way
Tanks in m+… It all depends, this xpac we got 3 season and 3 times there were different king, rn if u look at middle range keys tanks are pretty balanced so i would like if it stay that way

To pvp… Hard to say, it changes a lot and its so much different from pve so…

1 Like

You base it on BFA and you put priest and shaman in the bottom tier? :thinking:

2 Likes