DPS Rankings / Tier List (Everything wise : PVE + PVP) (For BFA and the upcoming Shadowlands)

A video that seemed fitting :
https://youtu.be/x9qMCljcZnc

From Preach, kinda dislike what he does but his PTR raid recap are insightful. 4:05 for healers and resto shamans seem to be in a great spot for the next raid (lots of mind controls appears to be breakable by the tremor totem up to heroic + decent heals and utility)

1 Like

If they have the same team from BFA I am afraid we will NOT see much difference in rankings, play style or gameplay fun from BFA.

We will see minor tweaks yes but big changes will not happen in my opinion.

1 Like

Therefore what I’ve said above is true basically :))

Do you want dps rankings? or effectiveness rankings? because the two are very… very different.

3 Likes

I am a pve-centric player. I only care about getting dps numbers and optimizing my toon for maximum damage and this is my definition of “ fun “.

I find Dh’s over tuned ( not over powered as I have learned to gank the sh*t out of them in wpvp ) in pve because they do equal st but at any cleave situation they leave me like a big Turbo’ d car and that frustrates my competitiveness as I cannot do anything.

The devs have done nothing about it through out the whole expansion, nor on how guardian druids are unkillable, XYZ m+ combos are #1 and how lacking and bland some class tool sets are like Fury.

So we will see the same forum complaints and the same gameplay next expansion. Again this is my opinion.

I want DPS rankings / tier list everything wise (PVE + PVP) please

S Tier , A Tier & etc

Play what you love, love what you play.

You can’t go wrong with that.

1 Like

Here you go:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20#bracket=10
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#difficulty=3

Whatever you pick you will be bottom tier at start and then if you improve you will be normal tier. Picking for utility may be short sighted as it may change after a patch or after an expansion yet at least in short term may be beneficial. If you want only DPS then pick a class that has 3 DPS specs and master all of them and pick best one for given content as that what it takes to be above-average DPS player.

1 Like

So I reckon I’m right

S Tier everything wise are the following :

DH , Warlock , Mage & Rogue

Just note that you are stuck with one DH DPS spec. Then it depends what type of DPS-content are you doing - single target, cleve, multi-dot-target or AoE DPS - as most specs can’t do all of that equally well. Then utility like immunity, battle rez, invisibility, DR.

1 Like

What are you talking about?

1 Like

What is DR ?

And what be your top picks for DPS tier ranking list ?

What would be your S tier in Shadowlands ? Everything wise ? (PVE + PVP) wise ?

Damage reduction. Darkness for DH.

The one I would like to play due to how it feels and plays. I have a frost mage alt due to having a frost mage in Classic not because some chart told me frost mage is OP… and if I would want to main a mage and participate in mythic raid progression I would likely have to know other specs as right now fire performs bit better in terms of numbers. Aside of mythic raid and high M+ (say 18 and higher) it completely doesn’t matter.

And even when I please wowanalyzer with my fight execution my DPS parse is still low, green at best so I’m miles away from reaching spec DPS limit (if ever).

No one knows what will be good or bad overall but in terms or numbers every DPS class will be very close to each other. Any outlier is changed in a hotfix or next patch. This isn’t classic when class A does 20% DPS of class B. 90% of spec DPS is hidden behind player skill and knowledge (and lots of simming).

1 Like

I think my main will be from one of these 4 in Shadowlands

1. DH

2. Warlock

3. Mage

4. Rogue

And I reckon all these 4 are solid DPS choices everything wise (PVE + PVP) and 100% in S Tier everything wise ;))

This is completely pointless.

I mean, pulling the classes out of a hat would have been as accurate as your “guess”. I’m not disputing your right to post it, but I fail to see the point of a thread thats literally “hi gais I made some guesses based on guesses”.

Also, what is S tier? Is that 15 below D tier since S is the 19th letter of the alphabet?

3 Likes

Nope S tier is a (Godlike tier) top of the top tier basically ;)) & the Classes I’ve mentioned definitely will be solid and they’ve been always solid everything wise anyhow still same will be the case DPS wise everything wise (PVE + PVP)

;))

Then now level one to 120 and spend like 4-6 hours per day mastering it and getting up to date with the game. Run multiple M+, PUG EP HC + few mythic bosses, get logs, analyze them and start improving your DPS. The start using simcraft to push your DPS to purple-orange parses. Setup your addons, keybinds. If it’s a mage/rogue/warlock you will also get to know all of their specs. If needed join a good guild interested in progressing HC or Mythic depending what you aim at.

If you do not do this you will be bottom tier, kick from PUGs and back to forums asking for “tier lists” because it’s the class fault not yours…

2 Likes

But if I do not do this it’s my fault not the class fault - thank you for your advice - I much appreciate it :slight_smile:

But if you had to pick one of these 4 Classes as your main for Shadowlands which one would it be and why ? Everything wise (PVE + PVP) ?

1. DH

2. Warlock

3. Mage

4. Rogue

Which one ? :slight_smile:

Only thing I can predict being amazing is DK. With Lich King, revamped zones and weapons. It’s going to be a huge selling point for blizz, and will generate them a ton of money in race changes, and subs of people making allied race DK’s from scratch.

Blizz would be absolutely nuts to not put DK in a very good spot, and we know blizz like there ££££. The same way they made outlaw rogue insanely good, in a pirate kinda patch, with a new pirate like race.

I’d be very surprised if rogue wasn’t god tier too. Getting poisons back for all specs alone is going to be pretty nuts. Imagine outlaws now with everything they have, and then with healing/cast speed reduction poisons on top in keys.

1 Like

M+ is likely more friendly for dh/rogue (unless they copy paste sethralis first Boss everywhere :wink: ). Raid - casters, but that’s my feel of it, not some scientific distinction. M+ aoe from casters is also very valid option, just that dh and rogues have handy utility.

1 Like