Dracthyr Druid

I am aware that Dracthyr so far will only be able to play as the new class Evoker, personally i have no interest in that class, and i am aware many others that share my thoughts.

I whould like Dracthyr to be other classes aswell, beyond druid in this case, but i will focus this post on this class.

It makes sense for the dratchyr to be druids, especially the green dragonflight as they are part of the emerald dream.

The dragon form i will mention below are inspired by various depictions of dragons from around the world

Also some of thier abilities will funcition the same but look different, for example some abilites that will shoot fire or spit poison instead of (Thrash) for example.

The cat form is a Drake

Drakes, by historical depictions are dragonlike having a slimbody with scalyskin and a tail but with no wings. The ability thrash, spits fire instead of (Thrashing)

The underwater form is a Wyrm or Lindwyrm, similiar to jourmungandr in norse mythology, with scaly skin.

The bear form is a Basilisk Basilisks generally have no wings and are quite musuclar and thick. The ability thrash, spits poison instead of (Thrashing) and swipe.

The travel form is a Qilin Which is a deer like dragon

The flying form is a Amphiptere Which is a very slender dragon, that has no legs.

2 Likes

The problem with Dracthyr being other classes is you’d have to rework the entire class to fit them BECAUSE they’re Dracthyr. Neltharion made them to be his ideal soldiers, so it makes no sense for them to be anything other than Evokers. They can wield the magic of all five dragonflights so why would they purposefully limit themselves to being “just” a warrior or a druid for example.

I agree it could be cool to have them be more than just the one class but it just doesn’t work for Dracthyr. Would’ve liked to see a new race that could’ve been multiple classes, feels weird they went this route locking them into just one especially with the whole “express yourself” thing they’re going for too.

3 Likes

Not sure about this…I think it would feel too much like Zandalari… (yes I know those are dinos and not dragons!)

Well all the non allied races druid form looks very similiar, they have the some mold for all of them, just different colors and aesthetics to match the race.

Blizzard is changing/ignoring lore all the time, nothing is set in stone anymore.

The green dragonflight are creatures of the emerald dream, so it makes sense that they whould be druids. I imagine they they have walked a different path than what Neltharion had planned.

1 Like

do you know that in WoD and BFA blizz disrespect the lores?

1 Like

Honestly atm races should have fewer classes not more. How it is currently is a mess like tauren will soon be rogue’s wich to me is just weird.

you´re going to see, then undead paladin and Mag´har warlock

that´s absolutely right

all of the races should have been all classes, not to suffer for another 10 years

1 Like

Could be alright for mage I guess.

To me that just takes out the fantasy i feel races should be more unique and why they could or couldn’t be certain classes.

1 Like

Yes, Seems good to me lol. They should focus more on unique and cool lore for the races.

Many races shouldn’t have certain classes and to me that takes away from the fantasy.

Lorewise, the race and class combo you mention have thier own class, Tauren paladins arent paladins per se but Sunwalkers, and goblin shamans i presume doesint speak to the elements but summons the elements by force with machines.

1 Like

It’s just nonsense bullsh1t. If the goblin is literally just sucking it out with machines it is definitionally NOT a shaman, it has no relation to shaman class fantasy and should just be renamed to oil baron and made a new class. These goons will buy any blizzard nonsense lore trough. Yes, I remember when there was a knightly order of taurens wearing chainmail and engraved plate armour to crusade against unbelievers NOT

1 Like

They could very well speak to the elements, as i said presume as its likely Goblins may have had shamanistic connections when they were still primitive before they were exposed to kaja’mite and some choose to stay that way even when they have been exposed, whilst others may use machinery to aid them, as seen on thier mechanical totems.

I am open to alternatives, Blizzard hasint mentioned goblin shamans for what they are. They could be this or that, or both. From a personal view i see that Goblins forcefully use the elements to aid them, by trapping them in thier totems.

Same with goblin priest, makes no sense either, i belive they use medicine, and machines to heal and not by having a connection to the light.

Conflating shamanism and primitivism was clearly indicative of a white colonial mindset so I’m not really interested in your reasoning. You’re just trolling

1 Like

Primitive

Meaning from the vocabulary:

very basic or unsophisticated in terms of comfort, convenience, or efficiency.
a person belonging to a preliterate, non-industrial society.

Sounds very much like goblins before the found kaja’mite.

Finally a combo that could make sense!
as long as they make a glyph that turns druid abilityes into the dracthyr like healing ones im in!

1 Like

Well often times primitive societies resort towards shamanism, and modern societies dont, instead they resort to machinery and technology as help.

I dont see the word primitive as a negative word, just how it is.