Dragonflight is the most barebone, unfun and unrewarding expansion to date for me

Me too.

It’s a bit like this:

Blizzard: Here’s two cookies. :cookie: :cookie:

Players: Thanks!

Blizzard: Here’s another two cookies. :cookie: :cookie:

Players: Thanks!

Blizzard: Here’s one cookie. :cookie:

Players: Why are we only getting 1 cookie?!

Blizzard: It’s a different flavor.

Players: OkAy thAt mAkeS sEnSe!

It doesn’t make sense!
It shouldn’t result in less content just because Blizzard adopts a different gameplay philosophy.
They can give us their new fancy philosophy along with the same amount of stuff we’re used to getting.
Trying to pass it off as if we can only have one or the other is a total scam.
And I don’t get why some people can’t see that.

7 Likes

Btw, let’s agree now to disagree before you send your next wall of text. Back and forward discussions are useless

Eh, reality will hit home soon enough I think.

Blizzard are being quite clever by adding a bunch of toys and transmog stuff that makes people grind for even longer than they otherwise would, giving off the illusion that there’s a lot of content in Dragonflight. But it’s not the content there’s a lot of, it’s the grinding of toys and transmogs.

Reality is that the content you’re doing in Dragonflight now is the same content you’ll be doing until summer, minus whatever quests Blizzard add in the next patch for The Forbidden Reach.

And if people aren’t realizing that grinds don’t substitute content yet, then they will over the next couple of months.

That’s my wager at least. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wanted to end the discussion, but whatever. Until summer I will have raiding, pvp and M+ as activities. (I prefer solo shuffle, bc it doesn’t get old). I can do those activities on one character, and if I finish on one, guess what: I can do it on the second one. And then the next one, if I wanted to. The core activities of wow, such as pvp/pve won’t get old for me, because I will just minmax those the longer the season is. Activites that get old/boring are things, such as dailies, and I only do them sporadically, if I feel like it, maybe once every 3 weeks lol. I can see, that you’re the type of player, who gets driven by the activities, that blizzard tells you to do in the game, and that’s fine. I’m not one of those players. I play the content, that I feel like playing. If I beat the game before the next season somehow (Impossible), it’s fine. I don’t need to play every single month. I hate feeling forced to play anyway.

1 Like

I am not in the business of trying to take people’s joy for Dragonflight away from them.
If people are having fun, then that’s awesome. I wish that for everyone.

I just don’t think the path Blizzard have laid out for Dragonflight is going to be satisfying to as many people as it could be, because of various shortcomings.

Those shortcomings may not apply to all, but they apply to some. And I think with time they will apply to more. A lot more.

I mean, design-wise Blizzard seems to be betting on the fact that people are collectors and completionists, and that farming mounts or transmogs or completing achievements is what keeps players engaged in the game. That’s why there are more toys and mounts and transmogs to earn and collect than ever before. That’s why there’s a Trading Post on the way.
But I think more and more players will start seeing that for the repetitive grinding that it is, and the burnout that comes with it. And then they’ll quit.
Blizzard seems to bet on the fact that people are so invested in their collections and completionism that their desire for the next mount or Trading Post transmog is going to keep them going and going and going.

I don’t think that, but we’ll see.

6 Likes

That is exactly what others from here who says “there is a lot of things to do in DF” … are actually doing. Old content lol. If I ask them what exactly they enjoying doing in DF, most will answer “lots of things” without ever going into details or “Is your problem that you don’t have anything to do. There is lots of things to do in WoW, like old content!” /facepalm

Hello? I am here to the NEW Expansion, not THE old ones.

But I agree, if they would give me Legion servers ( old content ) , then I will be more happy than I am now with WoTLK, and I am very happy with WoTLK I’m telling you.

Precisely what I said since…the first few weeks lol. It will fight with WoD for the “whostheworst” regarding nocontent.

Yup! There is zero likings in the new zones. Zero! No conntection to WoW, nothing. Just …Disney Wannabe WoW!

This expansion is top3 worst ever!

6 Likes

I actually think things like callings are interesting content. Because they gave players an incentive to level alts to do the gold callings to farm gold whenever they were up. Feels like gold content or alt leveling incentive content is kind of lacking in DF?

You can farm mats, but with the shared AH those prices have fallen steeply. There are the dragonriding quests, but I can see some disabled people struggling with them. Also get pretty repetitive in the long run. I mean I can´t even get myself to do them now.

Another example is mission tables. Which, whilst I was never the biggest fan of, at least provided an incentive to level alt armies during Legion and even Shadowlands.

Callings also took what, 15 minutes to complete? At worst`? Sometimes it felt like you could do them in 5 minutes. You didn´t ever fall ´´behind´´ if you didn´t do them either. Even during BFA where they gave AP, I never felt like I HAD to log in to do the AP calling.

hard do open world when ever since pre-patch more than 10 people on screen causes the game turn into a diashow where people porting from x to y on ur screen

and when u press a skill nothing fires for 0.5sec till it does and then u see 2sec freeze because some error fired of also

i had real joy farming those 25 kills and 100 trophy wifes quests each week its a complete fiesta

soon ill enjoy not opening the game at all, spending my time with something that is playable

ps extremely high burst meta with short ttk combined with stutter and freezes that makes it just better, i love my pvp in dragonflight so much :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

3 Likes

DF is the expantion where you are force’d to run M+ before M+ was an option now not so if you want high end gear and recipes even professions are tied to M+.

2 Likes

So the OP is missing daily fomo chores?
Cause personally at least I do not miss them at all.
At most I would had liked there to be a speed-up on the loot lockouts of older content like raids.

1 Like

Here we go again with this lol. Whether an activity is mandatory or not is completely irrelevant to the point that there is LESS to do in Dragonflight compared to the previous expansions with dreaded chores that are the boogeyman of this community.

We got nothing in replacement of those chores, we got no additional dungeons, and continuing the Shadowlands’ trend of 8 dungeons at launch for a premium subscription-based game is beyond pathetic. Legion launched with 10 and we got Karazhan by this point.

We got fewer world quests than ever before with the idiotic bi-weekly reset, and the ones we have seem less varied than ever too. We got fewer collectible mounts and other mini-secret activities than SL had, we get reputations that are locked behind menial bs like digging treasures and dirt for pathetic rep gains, while we lost emissaries and callings for large rep/gold boosts.

We did get a new class that has significantly more limited appeal than the previous ones in DK/DH so it’s not really content for as many people. We also did get dragon riding which admittedly IS a good feature, but it’s again not content, it’s how you interact with the world, and (as fun as it is) it arguably shrinks the huge zones into feeling like regular zones we’ve had so far.

Considering how big of a content void SL was (akin to WoD), you would expect we would get another Legion, but it’s far cry from that content-wise. They had to have been doing SOMETHING when SL was getting 0 updates for months on end and when it lost an entire major patch, but seemingly no.

WoD was abandoned midway but Legion brought us artifacts, tons of dungeons, a new game mode in M+, a new daily quest model, class halls with campaigns for EACH class, 5 zones with Suramar as one of, if not the best they ever made. What did Dragonflight bring that can in any way redeem the disaster that was Shadowlands, and justify its lack of content?

Give me Legion classic with 7.3 perfected systems and I’m staying subbed for the next 12 months easily, and gladly far beyond that.

5 Likes

To me those casual things were basically the emissaries/callings that had a 3 day timer. So it was nice to wake up in the weekend and have breakfast and coffee while in the meantime do some casual things in the game.

A lot of callings were also doable by just doing a dungeon. So by dungeons i was able to get my exalted reputation. Right now renows are a very big grind which even requires setting your alarm for all those time based events. So it is not going to happen on a weekend morning during breakfast + coffee. The moment i want to play there is nothing to do.

It doesn’t really have anything to do with doing stuff every day or something like “FOMO”.

FOMO can be a really personal thing depending on ones compulsions. Personally I would ignore the callings unless I needed renown or was really bored

We kind of do have callings in the form of those weekly dungeon/dragonscale expedition quests. I do not think it would hurt to get more of those per week

We had those weekly dungeon quests also in SL though.

Honestly it would be nice to have some optional extra stuff that would help our alts reach close to our mains faster.

I’m one of the strange ones not liking Dragonflight as much as Shadowlands. But it comes down to not enjoying a class, and nothing else appeals to me. That to me is probably the reason i dont enjoy the expansion, and possibly the same reason others dont. There is plenty of content now. Multiple formats of PvP, Dungeons and M+, Different Levels of Raiding, Pet Battles, Achievement Hunting. It comes down to if your enjoying your class, because if your not, you wont want to do any of it because its not fun.

Some still refer WoW as a MMORPG, but in fact WoW has stopped being it long time ago. At best, it may be claimed as MMO without the RPG elements. That probably is not just a WoW problem, but all MMORPG in general. In fact, the only game out there might be still called a MMORPG is GTA V online in the role playing sense.

To me, mostly this was influenced by having a game director who does not partake other elements of the game except Raiding and the unfortunate timing of D3 team members merged to WoW team. WoW was not the same ever since that happened. While there is no denying some changes have extended the life of WoW as a game, but most has destroyed the game, its unique universe and its playerbase for the long term to come.

WoW is a seasonal game in the last few years. Whatever you do disregarding how much effort you have put in, it will be irrelevant when the new season comes in. Some will say mog, toy and mount is forever. I have my doubts there, but sure I respect that playing style. In fact, I respect any playing style since this is just a game and should be a game to cater for various players.

All DF is ever going to be is a transition phase for this game, nothing more. This transition is for the dev team as well as for the current players. For the team, a good way to learn the lesson is to look back from WoD till now to see what went wrong and why. For me, pathfinder, borrowed powers, seasons, eSports in WoW.

For players, it is time to think what you are/will be okay with what elements of the game that may keep you playing or it is time to take a break and come back later. If this is not a job for you, don’t treat this as a job with checklists. Play the way you want even it means you take a break from it during the day, during the weeks, during the seasons or even during the expansions.

3 Likes

The game is always in a state of transition, but I do fundamentally agree with you here.

The problem is that undoing the damage done to WoW is VERY, VERY difficult because much of it involves taking away things many players find convenient.

Flying was a big hurdle but I think we just halfway overcame it. Now they just need to make the skies more dangerous.

But we’ve also got a huge empty world and realms that don’t really quite work. That needs fixing.

There’s also some issues with community being moved out of the game world and into the UI. Personally I think we ought to return to something like a “jobs board” - a place where you can put your name down for signups - both PvE and PvP. This has the effect of collecting players in a space so they can mingle “physically” because this jobs board would be located in a limited set of locations.

There are also potentially hundreds of abilities that just serve no good purpose and should be deleted. And dozens of UI panels as well.

These things are really hard to convince people of unfortunately. They’re inconvenient; they make the game a better MMORPG without question, but they are inconvenient…

3 Likes

Well that was one of the best posts I have seen on this forum for like an entire year

:pray: :pray:

1 Like

How are people having lots of fun? Like how? I understand if you are in general having fun at this point of expanssion? Im too. But there is no reason why DF would be more fun than for ex. SL. Its literally the same game with new graphics. Atleast we are getting the Tradeshop with new transmogs.

1 Like