Dragonflight Season 4 Dungeon Changes Ahead

My point exactly, you will not win anything by getting boosted, you will in most cases get some result above what you could get otherwise, but i don’t think you can get boosted to .1%, or raid WF, or anything else that would actually count as a win, and people are actually aware of how easy getting boosted is, so any inbetween result is insufficient even to fool oneself into the belief of winning anything.

100% agreed. Running out of vigor while i am commuting to my world quest or raid or dungeon is annoying.

To then either hop onto a normal mount or take a flight path.
Should have just changed flying mount speed to x% without silly energy and buttons.

Feels like driving to work with not enough fuel to get all the way there :stuck_out_tongue:

Good choice! I ordered some mcdonalds to be delivered, cos I’m a fatty who can’t bothered to cook and most of the other restaurants stopped doing deliveries 30 minutes before midnight (23:47 here atm)

The person I responded to was concerned about exploits in the gearing process, nothing more. If your goal is to succeed as a top 0.1% player, then you probably can’t do that by paying money, but it wasn’t the subject under discussion. As the definition implied, winning does not mean being the absolute winner of all the world. You can still win in Chess without beating the grandmaster, and so too can you win a piece of loot without winning at the MDI finals. The term win easily applies here, as it does in all other pay2win games where you can pay money not to be #1 necessarily, but to attain rewards you have no rights to possess outside of simply paying for it.

1 Like

Think i better sleep before i start bringing up stories of seeing the rare on the map in the forbidden reach, but not being able to get there before people gank it because it’s uphill and THE DRAGON IS TIRED.
There, i’m angry now.

1 Like

Nobody is expecting them to. What will happen is that they’ll get to do things that are easier and more forgiving than M+ and for better rewards. HC dungeons will get a bit harder but significantly more worthwhile, and so will M0.

Going from M0 to +10 might sound like an intimidating difficulty jump but really isn’t that drastic considering no affixes and no timer. I think a lot of people underestimate how much difficulty these two things add.

The difficulties will also make much more sense going forward. Heroics and M0 have been a complete joke for a long time, and in M+ there was barely any difference from level to level until high keys. I think the difficulty jumps should actually be noticeable and I think these changes accomplish that.

1 Like

Sowwy :frowning_face: for bringing that memory back.
I have my fair share of similar ones.

To me, p2win would mean that blizz sells something in the shop that actually gives you character power that you can not get otherwise. I’m fine with people helping others for whatever motivation, it doesn’t affect me at all. I can get to that rating, i can get to that ilevel…

1 Like

Most pay2win games do allow you to farm the “premium currency” veery veeery slowly.

I mean sure, WoW is not like Hearthstone or Diablo Immortal. It’s not. But it is still a game where someone who buys tokens and spends the tokens for gold can get officially sanctioned boosts for real money and gets to have gear along the way, and that’s just a straight-up fact, and I think that’s pay2win even if not in its most aggressive form.

1 Like

This isn’t whats going to happen tho? I agree that the jump is large, but you’ll have old M0 gear from new HC dungeons just being higher gear. (As in, the difference from HC to max gear is lower by 13 ilvls now)

You’re also doing that Ruby +10 without any affixes or any timer at all, that just seems more… fun? Instead of M0s being clearable in 10 minutes with green leveling gear they might require you to learn the mechanics a little bit, i think that’ll be cool at the start of TWW

I can buy it though, woo woo.

Exactly. So they have to address the M+ system for keys higher than 15. Rewards, incentives.

Dunno… Less 1-shots… increasing key level with crests… Many things they can address there.

Because the whole point of this new system is to make M+ more accessible to a wider audience. Which I agree with.

But part of that is also making M+ less annoying.

2 Likes

So? It only affects your feeling of achievement, not mine.

I achieved exactly the same, in less time, just needed to git gud irl.

Agreed. I remember my short shot of higher keys in BFA, with some guildies when you needed versatility gear for certain key levels / affixes to lower dmg intake.

No fun :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

again, that’s your small pp issue, not mine:)
are you a bmw owner irl?:slight_smile:

That is DF for you right there. I have been pushing all expansion and I can tell you that as a healer, the difference between classes that stack vers and those that dont… is massive…

I mean… Outlaw rogues show up with 44% vers… its a perma deff CD right there.

2 Likes

I’d call it more like P2W-ish. Because what you really get for buying those boosts is a couple pieces of loot (if you’re lucky) that aren’t really that difficult to get yourself. You’re still paying for a chance to get the items you need/want.

And that’s the boosts that actually go for reasonable prices. If you wanted to get yourself boosted on a regular basis or a get worthwhile mythic raid boost and intended to use WoW tokens to get the gold for that, you’d have to reach reaaaal deep into your pockets.

Really the most common boosts I see people paying for are some HC boosts for a couple hundred thousand gold to get a fresh character started. That’s not as much pay-to-win as it is paying to get a character ready for actual content a bit quicker.

Going from M0 (new heroic) without mythic mechanics to M+10 (new M0) with mythic mechanics is huge.

Lets not forget the vast majority of WoW players are not that smart, so it doesn’t matter with these changes, most of them will still leave the group after being killed by the first boss :stuck_out_tongue:

Me personally, I don’t care about these changes. I’m here to play, relax and have fun. The moment I stop having fun, I move to another game.

Some people here think that WoW is the only game and there is nothing else to play. If they’re cheap, there is a boat load of F2P games, if you have money, then you have an ocean of content to absorb.

Those whining about that they should fully remove affixes… just shut up. That is the part that makes this harder content more challenging. If you want to get the best gear without the effort, go play a mobile game and buy your way to the top.

1 Like