Dragonflight Season 4 Dungeon Changes Ahead

you are both focusing on wrong column.

dont look at itlv.

look at column with a lot of blank cells.

and then compare it to comlumn with dungeon key levels from S3

that scaling is currently like + 100 % in boss / trash health and dmg for new +2

and thats the apect which you are missing.

1 Like

That’s what I expect, but wouldn’t mind a confirmation, particularly (as I mention above) that the ability to farm Veteran gear is removed alongside the rework of M2-5. Season 3 those dropped Veteran(LFR/Normal), and will now drop Champion(Normal/Heroic tints).

As I understood it, they have said previously they’re aware of issues with farming LFR tint - namely that it’s a more…frustrating… process, and are looking in to ways to address such, and this change directly counters that by making it harder.

Every cell in season 3: there is an option to loot upgrades.
gear drops for less effort than upgrading the gear in season 4.

Blank cells in season 4:
So in season 4 upgrading gear wont be a waste of resources because it brings you more power…

Upgrading now is an utter waste of resources, because even opening your mailbox can reward better ilvl loot.

Current season 3 key levels are completely obsolete. If i farm the emerald dream zone for a few days and upgrade heroic dungeon ilvl gear, i have to play m+9 dungeons to get end of dungeon upgrades.

Great vault upgrades are only a big upgrade from key lvl 5 or up.

Completely removing the need for me to play my alt through lower key levels.

Its not, that is a arbitrary number. Real scaling isnt 100% at all. Because all power levels are scaled properly.

READ: gear levels for characters scale up through relevant content.

I am not a main tank or dps though.
Like i said in my first post. I am only going to play mistweaver and thats it.

50% of the playerbase does not have all 10’s timed.

Terrible idea. Nothing is more boring than to do 1 pack at a time in a dungeon

Well, season 2 dreamsurge was enough for s2 lfr tints, but +15(was it 15?) ilvl bump was not enough for S3 lfr. Now, if they bump dreamsurge once more it should be enough for S3 lfr. (presumably)

What a shame. I was hoping for some fun experimentation. Instead we’re getting a steeper learning curve for those people that struggled and the same bad affixes and the same dungeons we’ve already had. At the very least you could’ve reworked tyrannical to the point where it doesn’t lower key completion rate from 80/90% to 20/30% in pugs every other week. Now is the time to experiment and do fresh interesting things! Give us, the people that do +20 and higher keys something to try out as well. Why else would we come back for season 4?

All seasons have been dungeons we already had.
Except the 4 df ones in season 1. The 4 df ones in season 2.
And doti dungeons.

All re-introduced dungeons from prior expansions were no fun if you have been playing WoW since vanilla.

So having a full season of DF dungeons feels like something we should have had in season 1 instead.
And season 4 can be some fun / old re-used dungeons in my eyes.

Do you not feel it would have been fun in the experimental season to actually dip into the WoW dungeon archive and make something out of the vast swathes of dead content theyve got?

Instead, theyve been lazy.

A regular meeting that could’ve been an e-mail is more stressful than any timer in a sub 20 key. If you don’t want timers, just don’t do m+?

You mean the instances that have not been designed with M+ in mind? No.

But people actually want to do content?

When your game is literally raiding and m+, but they blocked off, why would you play this game?

No wonder this game has lost so many players.

2 Likes

So having a full season of DF dungeons feels like something we should have had in season 1 instead.
And season 4 can be some fun / old re-used dungeons in my eyes.

I can agree with you on that. My main issue is that with pretty much everything staying the same for people like me, who rarely did lower keys, aside from the number that our keystone shows combined with the fact that we’ve had these dungeons in the rotation this expansion already means there’s absolutely nothing new in season 4. No content, no new challenges, no interesting changes to try out.

And to clarify: I am Falcodwarf, I just switched mains and decided to update my character on the forums as well.

That’s true. Time Rifts provided a weekly lockout option to get LFR for Aberrus. You could also farm low keys to get additional veteran key.

I do /assume/ that there will be outdoor content which will award veteran, like Superbloom, Seeds and Rep quest did for Season 3. All of those are on weekly lockouts. There was, again, the option to endlessly farm in Season 3 by doing low M+.

That last one is gone, and is the one I’m curious about what (if any) alternative there will be for it.

2 Likes

You mean actually putting in the effort to work M+ into them?

they can do the instances in heroic and m0 - sounds to me people want the shiny rewards without putting in the shiny effort.
why do you expect m+ rewards if you can’t even deal with a timer, let alone affixes?

Yeah i would be fine with that. But maybe not “relative recent” m+ dungeons. From BFA or Legion or even anything since MoP.

Remake Wrath or Cataclysm dungeons m+ ones.
Or use season 4 to reward cosmetics that people want to see returned. To keep people playing in season 4.

I do think it is weird to “sell a new expax” with 8 dungeons, 4 of which we didnt see for 6 months till DF season 2 launched.
(Only played them all again to gear alts)

1 Like

Yes, when that effort can be used to create actual new content, no matter how small it is.
Timewalking instances already give me aids.

Removing the timer doesnt remove the difficult, it removes a totally unneccessary element, this game isn’t some competitive slug fest yet they seem to want it to be, and the results are pretty clear given again, WoW has a dwindling playerbase.

1 Like

With the changes, heroic dungeons will give you adventurer gear, which currently goes up to to 450 ilvl. M+10 currently drops 454. That means you will be able to get gear appropriate for M0 from heroics.

There will also be no affixes in M0, so it will be significantly easier compared to current +10.

1 Like