Dragonflight Warlock Class Talent Tree Feedback

I still dont understand why Antoran Armaments does not change your felguard model to a Fel lord one as is make so much sense. Even Guillotine (hold this for me) has a visual of Fel lord axe.

2 Likes

Demonology:
Reign of Tyranny and Sacrificed souls talents doesn’t count demons from Inner demons and Nether portal towards the buff.
Blizzard, if it works as intended, that update the damn description for Tyranny.
Also rework the tooltip for Nether portal to reflect the actual mechanics of the spell, when NP would summon only one demon per any amount of soul shards that has been consumed.

1 Like

Call Fel Lord and Call Observer also don’t count towards Tyranny

-white noise-

They nerfed demo Locks to hell :/, its a sad thing to see my almighty strong 34er IMP Tyrant is nothing than a cold joke now :(.

I want my Demonic Consuption BACK!!!

Its the wrong way, which Blizz took here to give us the “Last Keystone” “Tryrant and Pit Lord” and nerf them too Hell :(.

Are anyone have a strong WL Single / Multi Target Build at the Moment?
The strongest i have atm is a 20K rotation with my dogs and resetting them :(.

Dont tell me WL have 3 dds speccs, play Destro or Affli
 This Speccs SUCKS!

But if he wants to play demo, it should be on the same level. And Tyranny is to weak it should be 5-7% pet stack

2 Likes

You’ll just have to grin and bare it with hope that more tuning is incoming.

1 Like

Its sad that Blizz dont play this awesome class by himself :frowning:

1 Like

It’s only the pre patch. It’s not worth getting mad about right now. Demo just doesn’t synergise quite so well with the over lap, borrowed power and missing talents like the other 2 specs have.

yea. but it showes hoe blizz stand to each class and its not good atm :frowning:

I know this may sound petty, but I still haven’t forgiven them for taking away Grimoire of Supremacy. I miss my permanent Doomguard/Infernal pet. That felt so fun to play with, I felt like a properly powerful warlock.

Now when I log into my warlock it all feels very drab and dull. Nearly 20 years in and Blizzard still haven’t learned that you can’t just simply rip the cool stuff away.

It feels depressing. That’s not what anyone games for.

2 Likes

At this point its not even a discussion but rather a fact; Blizzard is completely clueless about class fantasy in a game they created.

Which shows how the entire Blizzard have changed and has no resemblance of its old self.

3 Likes

Did I miss something, but didn’t locks supposed to have baseline interrupt in DF?

Was removed, worst decision blizzard made.

Is it only me or does the talent Grimoire Felguard not count towards reign of Tyranny?

I would love that as Cap Stone of the Warlock tree
 the old and beautiful talents “Kiljaeden Cunning”, “Mannoroth Fury”, “Archimonde Vengeance” <3

1 Like

Some further feedback and bug reporting, mainly concerning the warlocks class tree and the Affliction spec.

• Class tree

-Amplify Curse When it comes to amplified Curse of Tongues, there doesn’t seem to be a general rule as to when amplified Curse of Tongues can work on enemies and when it can’t. There are some bosses in dungeons for example that can be affected with the 70% cast time incrase, and others that can’t, it’s 30% max.
Some bosses that can be affected by an amplified curse of Tongues, such as Medivh in karazhan for example, have their adds immune to it however. The 3 birds he creates at some point can only have “normal” curse of tongues applied to them.

-Fel Synergy This talent still doesn’t work when our pet is dead/dismissed/sacrificed. It’s clearly a remnant of the fact that this was a part of the old Soul Link. However Soul Leech is not linked to having a pet out, so this should heal us whether or not we have a pet.

-Soul Link This talent still doesn’t grant +10% stamina when Grimoire of Sacrifice is active.

-Teachings of the Black Harvest This talent hasn’t beeen redesigned since Spell Lock was given back to the Felhunter. This creates an issue, because if you play with Grimoire of Sacrificee and sacrifice your felhunter, this talent becomes useless, because it affects Devour Magic. We get Spell Lock via the Demon Command ability, not Devour Magic anymore.

-Grimoire of Synergy This doesn’t interact with Grimoire of Sacrifice, that’s fine. However that’s different from how it works in Shadowlands. Something in the tooltip about the lack of interaction would be nice.

-Inquisitor’s Gaze This eye still attacks targets that I have not attacked nor targeted. I still don’t like this, it’s just additional bloat on our bars, it does nothing (not that it should do anything, the weaker this is, the better), so why having it here at all. This is barely 1% of our overall damage in a ST scenario. it’s just additonal set up after every wipes and Warlocks already have too many things to do already. I wish this was removed from the game.

-Summon Soulkeeper This talent is super weak compared to any other things any of the 3 specs can do in AOE. So it’s almost always a loss of DPS to cast this atm. The best thing to do would be to give this thing a CD, 30s/45s/60s or whatever, and buff its damages accordingly. The only scenario where this is good is when there are 10+ targets with very very little HP that are gonna die before we can do any of our normal AOE spells. This is very niche.
We’re better off always playing Inquisitor’s Gaze at the moment, it’s just free DPS that happens on its own.

-Grim Feast I think this could be buffed up to 50% increased channel speed for Drain Life.

-Soulburn This is amazing, I’ve had time to play with it now in M+ and Mythic raiding, the instant gateway is just so nice to have.

• Affliction

-Agony On Beta this spell is a bit broken. It doesn’t reach the normal maximum amount of stacks it should. Baseline it should go up to 10, and with the talent Writhe in Agony go up to 14/18. However, it goes 4 stacks lower than it should, resulting in a lot less damages.

-Xavian Teachings Again, this talent feels so bad. having to spend a point to get instant corruption is ludicrous. In AOE builds we’re better off not taking it at all and having to hard cast a spell that I’ve cast instantly for the past 15 years is very annoying. I wish corruption would be made instant baseline for Affliction, and this talent could be changed. We could use additional duration on our DoTs, Agony, Corruption and Siphon Life and or a reduced GCD on those same 3 spells. Or just add a 10% damage increase to corruption to this ? Just something more please.

-Agonizing Corruption This talent is badly designed. This does nothing really for Affliction in AOE. This talent needs something more or it’ll never be picked in any kind of even slightly “competitive” content. A reduced cast time on seeds of corruption, or an agony extension when seeds explode, something else.

-Shadow’s Embrace The Affliction Single Target build and rotation is too complicated.
Shadow’s Embrace is one of the components that makes the ST rotation needlessly complicated.
It would be very easy to change this talent by the old Legion talent, Contagion. Or just make it a choice node, Shadow’s Embrace or Contagion. And if some people really want to try to min max shadow’s embrace on 2 targets they can try.
Changing this talent into Contagion would remove some weird set up on pull where we have to do 2 ticks of Drain Soul before starting to rapture.

-Harvester of Souls This talent is poorly tuned. it’s too weak at the moment, it’s never worth taking no matter the situation.

-Siphon Life This is another key component to the complexity of Affliction in Single Target.
Before the rework of talent trees, there was this 1 row of talents for affliction that was actually well designed, it was the one with Write in Agony, Absolute Corruption and Siphon Life. It gave us 3 different levels of difficulty. Did we want to manage 4 DoTs with Siphon Life. 3 With Write in Agony, or just 2 With Absolute Corruption.
Now it’s either 4 DoTs to manage, or 2. With the loss of deliberate malice and Dark Soul, and all the new added things to manage, it’s impossible to manage siphon life on more than one target, so it’s become a purely ST talent.
The difference in complexity it creates is massive. We have as many DoTs to maintain in Single Target than we have when we’re playing against 3 targets with Absolute Corruption. The more targets are involved, the less complex the spec becomes (because yes, the complexity of a DoT spec is essentialy down to the number of DoTs you have to maintain).
It makes also the spec very weak in 2 targets scenarios, because we have essentially the same build for 2,3 or 4 targets, because it’s impossible to play Siphon Life on more than one target, when currently in Shadowlands, we can play Siphon life on 2 targets. But weaknesses for specs are fine, affliction has a lot going for it.

-Soul Swap This is another talent that needs to be tweaked to ease the Single Target rotation. This talent NEEDS to apply Siphon Life if talented into it. It makes no sense that it dosesn’t apply it, it follows it directly in the tree. The set up in ST is very cluncky, we have to channel 2 ticks of drainlife “for nothing” to get to 3 stacks of Shadow’s Embrace, then we have to Soul Swap AND Siphon life, then we can get on with PS and SR and Dargkalre. It’s needlessly long and complicated. Soul Swap applies our core DoTs, so it should apply Siphon Life as well if talented into it.

-Soul Tap This talent is very strong, it allows us to pull bosses with 5 shards. That’s why a passive should be added to this talent, that allows affliction warlocks to regen passively up to 5 shards when out of combat. Because it’s very annoying having to cast 2 soul taps every single time for every pull during the countdown for the next few years.

-Pandemic Invocation This talent doesn’t do the amount of damages the tooltip says it does, roughly 50% less.
The main problem with this talent is the added, needless complexity it brings to the spec in Single Target.
It requires us to refresh our DoTs later than we usually would to get the maximum duration on them, and take advantage of the real pandemic window.
It requires a great amount of constant attention to our DoTs.
It’s unplayable as soon as there’s more than 1 target and really only works when play Siphon Life, because Absolute corruption renders this useless. This talent is very niche, weak and too complicated.
I would much rather this talent was replaced by something else, something easier. Like Deliberate Malice or Wracking Brilliance.

-Soul Rot This needs to be added to the Affliction Mastery. It makes no sense that it’s not affected by it. Our only DoT that does not benefit from it. This spell is super weak on its own since it has lost its conduit. It’s a no-brainer, add it to the Mastery please.

-Tormented Crescendo This is a ST talent. it’s a very good one at that. However we will NEVER be able to pick it because of how the bottom section of the tree is laid out. It’s a shame. This talent is here to help us maintain Dread Touch, but in any scenario where we would play Dread Touch, we would never have the point to spend it into Tormented Crescendo.

-Seized Vitality This talent is absurdly weak. In ST it’s barely a 0.2% DPS increase. 2 points spent for barely a 0.2% DPS increase in ST, it’s ludicrous. I know the following talent is very very strong, but still, it needs tuning. The damage buff to Haunt should be 50/100% per rank instead of 10/20%. The healing could be reduced accordingly.

-Dread Touch This talent is one of the main ST tuning knob of the spec.
It’s one of the talent that adds the more complexity to the spec in ST, too much complexity.
This talent has replaced Malefic Wrath in a sense, a very short buff window created by spending a shard on rapture. It’s easier to benefit from it because it’s our DoTs dealing the damages, we don’t have to be channeling on top of it.
However, 6 s is too short, Affliction in ST has CONSTANTLY 9 different debuffs/procs/DoTs to manage, Dread Touch included, and that is simply too many things.
So, to ease things, Dread Touch duration should be increased to 8 s for example. Or, it should be possible to extend its duration, up to a maximum amount, for example 12 s, when we’re casting multiple raptures at a time, instead of always going back to 6 s. It would give the spec a lot more breathing room to do the rest.

-Dark Harvest This talent still only gives 2.5% haste and crit per targets hit by Soul Rot instead of 5%.

2 Likes

The Capstones of the Demo Tree are a Joke! :slightly_smiling_face:

NO DMG, To high Cooldown, NO DMG XD

2 Likes

The recent change to Malefic Affliction on the live servers have created a big bug.
Now we do get the stacks of Malefic Affliction as a buff on ourselves instead of a debuff on the target, but now we lose those stacks every time we refresh Unstable Affliction on the target.
Even if Unstable Affliction never falls off we’re constantly having to rebuild 3 stacks of Malefic Affliction constantly, which is a big problem because it becomes impossible to get any real uptime on Dread Touch.
This bug completely destroys the Single Target damage of the spec.

1 Like

On demo tree I suggest AT LEAST remove Doom and give back Decimating Bolt. Spec is in very bad state (an analysis is already in another thread [Demonology] Critical alent spec/talent tree review - Classes / Warlock - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)) and you must do something.

1 Like