[Druid event] - Emerald Assembly - 03/08

Introduction:

Brothers and sisters of the wild. The Emerald Assembly calls upon you once more to gather and see what news comes from all around Azeroth. Let us gather and see what we can once more do to aid our home.

Schedule:

Date: 03/08/2024

Winterspring, Hot Springs

20:00 - 20:15: Opening
20:15 - 21:00: Open discussion about ‘pre-patch’
21:00 - 21:15: Little break
21:15 - 22:00: Open discussion about topics brought up

If there is nothing left to discuss, the Assembly might end sooner.

OOC Details:

Hey Argent Dawn, time for a new Assembly. The meeting is open for every Druid that supports the greater good of Azeroth. I will say that, those who end up being hostile will be asked to leave and if not, might result in getting sent away by force. I do not mind banter, but creating a violent & warlike event is not what I am striving for.

I do however have rules, as I do not want this to become a powerhouse club where characters start to command others around. It is a meeting where every character can have their say.
Should this not happen, I always have topics I could bring forth.ope for a respectful environment OOC and nobody starts to bash on each other because of IC actions/ideas.

10 Likes

Unsure whether I can make the upcoming assembly due to a work trip, but giving this thread a bump regardless. Looking forward to seeing druids come together either way!

4 Likes

unless blizz hotfix before then, you might be restricted to level 70s if y’all are holding this in OAP:

1 Like

Yes, I am aware. We’ll be changing the location towards Winterspring. Thank you for the heads up however!

1 Like

Summary of the Seventh (Some would argue Eight or Ninth, but this lady doesn’t bend to criticism) Emerald Assembly, Winterspring Hot Springs, 7th Night of the 8th Moon.

Opening Remarks:

True to tradition, the magnanimous scribe was once again forced to endure attacks against her person. It is her desire to make clear once and for all that she is, in fact, not cursed nor accursed, and a perfectly natural part of this world.

The Radiant Song (Speaker: Tassaryl, Isidis, Rethion, Elanrya, Theris)

Our favourite little prodigy successfully completed her quest to investigate the so-called Radiant Song, a strange phenomenon experienced by select individuals around the world. Believed by some to be the voice of Azeroth itself. The situation has taken a troublesome turn, as revealed by her findings.

Strange phantasms, echoes of past events, foes, and wars, have begun to emerge in various regions. Spectral manifestations the colour of azerite, threathening the stability of the land. The spirits do not appear to spread corruption, however they exhibit a high degree of hostility. They manifest in various forms, from common animals to dragons and demons. Adventurers from all corners are already mobilising to combat the entities, but poor Tassaryl found their methods somewhat perplexing and could only report that they seemed effective in dispelling the beings.

The hotspot for these phantasms appear to be Dustwallow Marsh in Kalimdor, Dragonblight in Northrend, and the Searing Gorge in the Eastern Kingdoms. For now, she is not aware of what might connect these locations.

Isidis, Elanrya, and Rethion then drew a connection to the living Nerubians they encountered during their own expeditions. They warned of the void magic these creatures wield and their eagerness to capture those who hear the song. Rethion’s Thero’shan, Theris, recounted a narrow escape just the other night when he was ambushed by a Nerubian in Duskwood.

Controversy (Speaker: Andreleth, Several)

The assembly took an unexpected turn when Andreleth, distracted from the serious topic at hand, stirred the pot by protesting the presence of an undead among the participants. The uncouth Yurion, never one to miss an opportunity to be an absolute nuisance, took the moment to throw yet another jab at the beautiful and beloved scribe, which was predictably ignored.

The undead in question took affront to the label and vehemently denied being dead at all. Elanrya rose to his defence, reminding the assembly that she had successfully mended him with nature magic, lending some credence to his bold statement and opening for an interesting philosophical debate that never took place: where is the line drawn between decay and death? Alas, in the midst of all the tension, a vein could be seen throbbing on Shan’do Meladriss’ temple as he attempted to intervene and restore order by asserting that the maybe-undead were permitted to attend under his authority, and anyone disagreeing with his decision was welcome to leave. Following his proclamation, several members of the audience promptly left in protest, signaling that a short refreshment break was in order.

Our decaying friend, affectionately referred to as Turnip, explained his predicament and told the assembly a brief version of his tale. According to him, his body is overtaken by fungal growth, resulting in a composition more plant than rotting flesh. However, there is no cause for alarm; he assures everyone that he remains fully in control of his mind that the mushrooms have not reached his brain.

On that note, an exasperated Shan’do Meladriss announces that in the future, there will be two separate assemblies. One exclusive for the druidic members of the Circle, and one open to the broader public.

Waste of Time (Speaker: Tassaryl)

Tassaryl emphasizes her frustrations with the course the assembly has taken by berating the participants for their bickering, waste of valuable time and tendency to veer off-topic. Another crisis looms and the druids still need to determine their role in it.

Azerite & Misc (Speaker: Rethion, Rynia, Faeraven, Solavel)

Rynia’s inquiry into whether the azerite is being weaponised again went unanswered as Faeraven likens the situation to a body remembering its traumas - a land whose scars are being distorted by dark sorcery to create these manifestations. Both Rethion and Solavel, the new arrival, clarifies that the phantasms can be fought like any other foe and will be defeated if their energy is depleted or dispersed. The latter further noted a potential link to the Naga forces have been sighted around the Forbidden Reach.

For now, many rumours and alternative theories are circulating. Shan’do Meladriss concluded the assembly by urging everyone to remain vigilant and continue investigating independently. The next assembly will provide another opportunity for all to share their findings and progress.

5 Likes