PSA: Dragon Isles currently unusable for RP purposes if all characters are not max level (BROKEN AGAIN)

Since the prepatch, the Dragon Isles has default enabled for players below level 70 a form of Chromie Time style phasing that at time of writing, has not been able to be disabled.

If you plan to run any RP events in the Dragon Isles until this is fixed, everyone has to either be in the 1-69 level range or all max level or they will be hard phased apart.

This was tested and verified to affect both factions, Valdrakken and Amirdrassil. This is likely due to Dragon Isles now being the default levelling experience for The War Within, however unlike past expansions, the default levelling from 10-X did not cause you to enter a Chromie Time style phase.

Addendum to the bug - party sync doesn’t even let you see the other person. Clearly not working as intended in either state.

Repeating this on the bugs forum but likely going to catch more relevant eyes here.

Edit: Fixed it seems!

28 Likes

Here is hoping they actually fix this issue, given how Bel’ameth is a major RP hub and DF is going to be the previous expansion, thus mostly removing the necessity for sharding.

Would be very absurd to be unable to RP there properly due to such a bug. Thank you for looking into it Zyretha!

1 Like

If nothing else, at the very least Amirdrassil should stay off Chromie Time. After all, there’s nothing relevant to leveling quests there. If you’re doing the Dragonflight questing story, it shouldn’t even appear there!

However, Dragon Isles have many more cool areas to RP in that aren’t Amirdrassil, so hopefully at the very least Chromie Time will be able to be disabled. Very weird change, if this is not a bug (considering the patch already has several bugs).

1 Like

Do you have a link to the bug report post for this?

1 Like

Yeah this sounds like an oversight, so hopefully at least it should be treated more like a capital rather than a zone

Ditto with Valdrakken, but this is unique behaviour since Chromie Time was introduced for a past expansion. Definitely should be reporting this, having a whole continent unusable for RP, even if you party sync seems wrong.

2 Likes

Bumping up, as we think this phasing issue is fixed as of today’s patch!
Take it away, Zy!

1 Like

Thanks, Indeed having tested it this morning by bringing in people from both factions who were level 60 while I was level 70 in Vakdrakken, it appears to be fixed. The level 60 players could see me and everyone else out in the wider city.

5 Likes

Looks like it’s still the case today :frowning:

1 Like

Bumping as this is still an issue

I switched one of my characters who was levelling through Dragonflight before the War Within to Cata Chromie Time and noticed that once I hearthed to Valdrakken, regardless of if a character is in another Chromie Time, Dragonflight Chromie Time or present timeline, if they’re below 70 they get put in the same Dragon Isles phase. This seems to be some sort of really deep phasing if it transcends all other forms of phasing built into the game so I think it may be intentional- they’ve made a lot of strange intentional changes to the games systems this expansion.

I assume in this particular case it’s got something to do with Dragonflight being the default new player experience, but then we didn’t have this sort of phasing issue with Boralus during Dragonflight, right? Because BFA was still the default levelling experience in that expac because Blizz didn’t want to force new players through Shadowlands (smart)