Druid tank

Hi all!

I want to make a druid tank. I am aware that the paladin is better, etc. etc. But! There are a lot of paladins. Do you think a few druid tanks will be relevant in raids?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Feral tanks in WotLK will be capable of filling every conceivable tanking niche in 5-, 10-, and 25-man content, and can be leveraged as either main tanks or off-tanks in competitive raids throughout the expansion.

/boop

1 Like

Honestly all tanks are fine.

There is this attitude perpetuated by private server players that either you play the “best” or is worthless.

Every bit of content is doable by every class (although not all DPS spec’s are as strong).

Play feral. Enjoy yourself. You’ll find a home if you want to raid, because classic guilds who been here for a while value players who are reliable over the class they play.

2 Likes

He will be, but there is a problem: there is only 1 slot for feral Druid in raid. And Druid is second most popular class after paladin.
All serious guilds have feral tank

The statement “there is only one slot” applies to harcore guilds.

Most classic guilds will take anyone.

1 Like

Yes, there literally isnt a bad tank on wotlk and druids can flll any role … just dont join some braindead lemmings who only follow WOWHEADS LIST OF BESTEST CLASSES … in any normal guild there will be spot for you and tanks are always needed for HCs and PUGs

1 Like

Yes but i said it so post creator have right expectation of slots in raids.

Im pretty sure shamans are not so good tanks

1 Like

Yes please play whatever class and spec you enjoy, don’t fall for the fotm reports.

1 Like

Talk about shamans like that again and Im gonna smack you with my taunt totem !

There will probably be a few slots available for druids but a wide variety of buffs would still be looked for, most characters feel more fun to play with more buffs.

Thanks everyone. Good game.

When the inevitable drop in player numbers slowly catches up to raiding guilds, it’s more useful putting out 25 geared people than 20 optimal class/specs.

Maybe but I don’t know what suggests that it’s inevitable.
I’m having crazy amounts of fun in Wrath at least.

Any class that can tank is fine in wrath and all content can be cleared with any tank comp

most comparison comes from hardcore private servers and is 100% focused on ICC, and even on those servers ppl clear with every type of tank. Also on those servers that are to the teeth tank and healers comps was swaped around for diffrent fights.

Yes, especially if you have a dual spec.

And you’ll get gear faster because of the bajillion DKs rolling on all the plate.

How’s feral for AoE tanking at 80? I only tanked a few times in early WotLK levelling dungeons, but so far I can’t hold AoE threat to save my life, especially against UH DKs and Boomies. This is with spamming swipe and cycling through mobs for mangle and glyphed maul, while gear-wise we were all comparable.

In comparison, warrior and paladin tanks seem to have all the mobs glued at them regardless of who/what the dps is.

1 Like

care to explain why ther is only 1 Feral slot? in Ulduar feral is best melee so why take Rogue or warrior if yo can take another Feral ?

Paladin is only better because of the utility they bring. Bears ahve a lot more hp and can take a lot more damage, consistent damage. The hype around paladins will die down when people realise that most FOTM Paladins cant use their class to the fullest to be better than the others.

2 Likes

Incase you are not yet convinced. I am personally MT in our guild as a Feral Tank.

Play what you want, though some classes/roles might be harder to get into guilds with, mainly due to sweats & private server people (:

2 Likes