Druidic Moot, 4th of May! (Attendance check)

Greetings Druids (and concerned persons) of the Argent Dawn RP Community.

It has been five months since the 2nd Druidic Moot and with the inclusion of the newest races and their sects of Druidism, namely the Raptari for the Zandalari and the Thornspeakers for the Kul’tirans I think its high time a 3rd Druidic Moot finally be undertaken!

Now, this moot will be slightly different from the others as unlike the 1st and 2nd which were orientated around answering questions and posing stances, It’ll be a ‘meet and greet’ almost and I give a special shout-out to those two groups of Druids to attend!

In addition, I and a few others will be in Kul’tiras and Zandalar before the Moot to extend the olive branch in person if anyone wishes to interact with us.

As always it’ll be hosted between 20:00 to 21:30 and shall be occurring in the Dreamgrove in Val’sharah, accessible to level 100s and up.

As always, if you need to contact me privately my discord details are Solonis Thal’darah#0953

I look forward to seeing the turn outs and as always, feedback is appreciated!

12 Likes

Good luck tree humpers.

3 Likes

Wow Nelox has new mog!

P.S: forgot to change mine to original after Trial of style…

1 Like

While I’m glad to see another moot happen Solonis, I’ve got to be honest, I don’t really see the appeal of this moot to the same degree as those previous ones. Where previously it felt like a bit of a rallying call to arms for druids to take action against the wound in Silithus, or to seek some sort of middle ground after Teldrassil burned, I don’t really see what’s in this moot for people who aren’t roleplaying a zandalari or kul tiran druid. By your own admission, this is more of a meet and greet, but I feel like such a concept just isn’t as grandiose.

I wish you all the best in this, and I do hope those in attention enjoy it, but currently I’m not really seeing the appeal for those of us playing the older druidic races in the game.

If I’m mistaken, however, and there is more on offer for us troll, worgen, night elf, tauren, and HM tauren RPers, then by all means, I’m willing to listen and have my view changed.

12 Likes

In essence?

The general idea is (and keep in mind this is a gamble) for the newer additions to the wider Druidic Community, being the Zandalari and Kul’tirans to meet with the older parts, being the Tauren, Kaldorei and Worgens.

This way they can exchange their beliefs, the ways they conduct their version of druidism and in general ‘meet and greet’ with one another as previously indicated.

Indeed it isn’t a rallying cry, you can only have so many of those. This is more of an olive branch and a hope if you view it from a purely IC perspective :smiley:

Indeed it isn’t a rallying cry, you can only have so many of those. This is more of an olive branch and a hope if you view it from a purely IC perspective :smiley:

But if we are viewing this from an IC perspective, then you’re asking the druids who are out there mending the world, performing their duties, to travel to a fairly remote place just to say hello, essentially.

I fully respect that you are trying a different approach here, but personally it doesn’t make much sense to me.

7 Likes

Seeing as there are many Emerald Dreamways around Azeroth, the Dreamgrove isn’t that hard to enter (as a Druid of course) and later leave once matters are settled. And for the chance of piece between the various races with the capability of druidism, I believe many druids would gladly take that travel.

Just my thought.

1 Like

Why would Zandalari even consider going here. There’d be no point at all for Raptari druids to come to a neutral party, especially one that has members of the faction in it that… idk… killed their God King?

22 Likes

The Zandalari could be Lun’alai :smiley:

4 Likes

You’d expect those heretics to run around with the savages…

2 Likes

The Lun’alai are still very much part of the Zandalari, they still lived under and appreciated their god-king. They have chosen the life of an outcast, it was not forced on them.

10 Likes

Big Iron, you messed up, you messed up big time. The Forum Dwellers are coming.

1 Like

While community initiatives are always great, it feels a little strange to me host a meeting of this kind in Cenarion Circle territory. The Zandalari and KT brands of druidism are both distinct from the traditional variety ideologically and in practice. We have no idea if they will even join the Circle, given these broad differences, and the choice of the Dreamgrove is something worth reconsidering (and changing).

That being said, if this is advertised as an independent meeting of druids outside of CC ‘jurisdiction’ or territory then it’s fine by me - even if from my OOC perspective, it doesn’t make a great deal of sense for either group to rock up to an ostensibly neutral meeting given the current climate in BfA.

21 Likes

I have a few concerns with this event and, as glad as I am to see the moot series continue, the Hand of Cenarius will be sitting this one out because of it.

The main reason as to why we’re sitting this one out is because, quite frankly, we have better things to do; there’s a war waging in the north of Kalimdor, and we don’t really have the time to travel all the way to the Broken Isles to meet with the Zandalari, whom we consider enemies anyway.

To tackle the Dreamway comment made above, we know from quests (https://wow.gamepedia.com/To_The_Dreamgrove) that, and I quote, “traveling the Dreamway is no small feat in itself” to the ARCHDRUID himself. It’s arguably not something your average druid will do on a whim.

We know very little about the Lun’alai. We don’t know whether they are neutral, and it is only implied that they worship Elune – that, however, does not make them neutral.

That said, it’s a little hard to generalize, but I think your average Kul Tiran and Zandalari will not like each other very much, to put it lightly. They’re two nations at war and introducing them to each other doesn’t sound very fruitful. Unlike the Night Elves and the Tauren, we don’t know whether they are part of the Circle or neutral at all, so you’d have to take lore in your hand and bend it to make them neutral.

28 Likes

delete this

8 Likes

Frankly my dear I just don’t give a damn.

1 Like

Alright thank you for your input I hope your event will be splendid.

12 Likes

Guess the event is off? :thinking:

5 Likes

druidic moot? more like this thread is moot

no but good luck x

6 Likes

HAHAHAHA! UP TOP! :rofl:

5 Likes