Druidic Moot, 4th of May! (Attendance check)

Hi guys, toxic guild for toxic gamers here :wave:

As much as I like the idea of another community event: This wasn’t it chief.

The Zandalari and Kul Tiran’s have likely never heard of or even engaged with the Cenarion Circle/Expedition/Whiteflag Wavers at all so there’d be no incentive for them to even attend the meeting to begin with. Especially with the war in the background.

The Kul’tiran & Zandalari both have good reasons to see this war continue and no reasonable manner unless they are mentally deficit and so pacifistic they can’t cut bread to attend a meeting such as this for the purpose of meeting each other and hashing things out. Should’ve made it for the purpose of the old races and maybe begun a storyline in Silithus or elsewhere - study the tree in Northrend that failed and begin a path of trying to figure out how you could replicate the process without failure for Teldrassil MK2 idk.

On a side note: Why would any nelf cenarion even remain at this point. I’d be enraged at the atrocities being commit with the blighting of Darkshore, Teldrassil etc.

18 Likes

I mean how do you expect me to reply to a ‘delete this’ remark?

As for the other points posed, namely the climate that is BfA, the death of king Rastakan and so forth-…

Well, that’s the individuals prerogative, the 1st and 2nd moot went quite well despite the hostilities and this is in truth an invitation more than anything for druids of both the Kul’tiran and Zandalari communities to meet with other Druids.

So the show goes on, if people attend, they attend. If they don’t? They don’t. Its a gamble and thats just about it.

1 Like

You might have a gambling problem, Solonis. Lady Luck isn’t on your side, :b:

2 Likes

by deleting this

2 Likes

Why would you bother replying to a meme-comment instead of actually addressing even a single one of the concerns? Just seems odd.

Like I said though, I hope your event goes great, I’m sure people are very stoked to go to an event where every criticism gets dismissed as ‘that’s just your opinion it’s a gamble’ : )

11 Likes

Ignoring the memeposts and speaking in succinct, practical terms, all that I feel needs to be adjusted for this event to be a cool community event is for it to be hosted away from Cenarion territory and clarified as a non-CC event (because the waters are a bit muddy in that regard).

Otherwise you run the risk of effectively dictating custom lore that Blizzard has yet to touch upon even slightly, which is a risky business in WoW RP.

Good luck with it, even if from an OOC perspective I disagree with the premise of the event.

24 Likes

Considering there’s still a gaping wound in Silithus and efforts are still being maid in lore to contest it, not to mention idk, the whole world falling to pieces, there’s actually a lot of things for the druids to be talking about.

2 Likes

This is a bit of a vague post. There definitely are things for druids to be talking about, but that’s not what people in this thread are saying or what people are concerned with.

This event, as Solonis himself puts it, is to be a “meet and greet” for the Kul Tirans and the Zandalari – it has nothing to do with Silithus or the sword of Sargeras. It doesn’t really address an issue; technically, it’s not really a moot, either.

20 Likes

It is a desperate attempt to appear as #1 Druid.

7 Likes

The Zandalaris are busy enough to mourn their God-King, seek vengeance for him, meet their new ‘allies’ and possibly rebuild everything after what happened.
I do not think any follower of Gonk or Lun’alai (Sorry if I got the name wrong!..) would enjoy meeting an enemy.

Kul’tiran druids are also a bit… Well. They just enrolled with the Alliance once again. I do not think those will be eager to meet the ‘enemy’ druids. ESPECIALLY after sacking their city.

In all fairness. It sounds like a good idea. But don’t expect peace. They may jump at each other’s throat. Plus I imagine most of them joining the Cenarion Circle & Earthen Ring to heal the wound.

As Baine said himself - the land is crying out in pain. I do believe there’s more to do from them than simply going for ‘Howdy boys!’

Just my lil’ imput. For what its worth.

5 Likes

Yes. I was actually just going over my post now but I’ll respond directly instead.

I’ve said this in a few other threads and discords and personally, I think it’s a bit silly for Kul Tirans and Zandalari to be leaving their respective continents en masse in the middle of what is essentially war time.

Give it another few patches at least or wait until the next expansion. Only Anduin Wrynn has Mathias Shaw in his pocket and few player characters are ever going to be mass informed on a constant basis of every time one little thing happens.

Granted, the way of Argent Dawn has always been to ignore current lore for the sake of convenience and what people deem ‘fun’, etcetera.

If you are going ahead with this, it definitely shouldn’t be a simple ‘meet and greet’. Perhaps representatives from the Cenarion Circle have been sent to both the Zandalari druid faction, which I know nothing about because trolls are boring, yawn, zzzz… uhm, woops! And of course, the much better designed Thornspeakers. Not just to drag them for a drink 'em up, of course, but to look at how they can contribute to the ‘fixing the world’ effort.

Mother Azeroth is bleeding.

It needs healers.

Not piss ups.

5 Likes

Both Mythundis and Mion raise fair points which I will gladly take into consideration as I tailor this event, after all there’s more than a months time before this actually happens and more than enough hours to make this the same success the 2nd Moot was.

So, rather than being strictly aimed at the Zandalari and Thornspeakers-… what if they were a side aim to a larger thing, HOW we can heal Azeroth? Maybe try and rope 'em in and ask for ideas?

So folks, what do you think the 3rd Moot should be aimed at? ^^

2 Likes

what the heck did you just say, kid

This, though, is something I agree with. Rather than meet & greets where all the druids smoke laugh leaves in their giggle glades, possibly consider some sort of active event revolving around healing the world?

1 Like

Solonis should focus on the world instead of grinding out Proudmoore Admiralty and Zandalari Empire rep tbh…

4 Likes

I definitely think a return to the ideas of the second moot would be wiser. While perhaps it runs the risk of having some re-treads in terms of discussion, it’s also been a good few months. People’s views IC may have changed, characters who were once pacifistic may now wish to take up a more violent viewpoint, characters who were once violent may have come to the errors of their ways, and also there’s always new possible attendants who didn’t get a chance to partake in the previous moots who will experience these discussions for the first time.

I think that’s a more solid idea than the one originally proposed, although I will concede it’s not a perfect idea from me by any stretch of the imagination.

Edit: Maybe also change the location. The Dreamgrove, as nice of a hub as it is, does limit what levels people must be, as well as people having to be a druid in order to access it, when there are people who RP hunters/warriors etc with druidic mindets.

2 Likes

The Cenarion Circle is the best chance I imagine any druid has to work collectively towards achieving Balance and the healing of Azeroth.
Both KT druids and Zandalari druids have rather different ideologies and cultures towards druidism. Not even to mention the difference between them and the one shared in the Cenarion Circle.

Isn’t it jumping the gun to assume they will even consider staying in one room without slicing each other at first chance? I’d personally wait to get more information from Blizzard about these races cooperating before engaging in a druidic moot that in the past represented Cenarion values and virtues.

12 Likes

Where is Oromis, dragon.

3 Likes

Tbh, Glaedr. If that is your real name. I don’t know why you don’t just apply your enormous, vastly hidden stock of Eludnarí to the task of healing Azeroth.

Flipping Dragons, I swear.

2 Likes

;( Why do you do this man.

4 Likes

Shhhhhh it’s a secret.

4 Likes