Dual spec only swap in an Inn?

I kinda feel dual spec as we know it is yet another change towards retail. Dual spec is needed I agree but shouldn’t it be in a lesser form vs retail?

I wonder if they only allowed changing specs in the safe area like an inn or PVP prep zone?

Who knows with how crazy sod is sometimes what would the implications be for a mage to casually change spec during a long sheep etc? Something not really possible when they introduced dual spec initially in wow, cuz CC for any class was max 10 secs

2 Likes

I hope they are wise enough to not let us change it anywhere,anytime

3 Likes

What exactly would be the problem if you could change the spec on the road, again? Not being able to change it mid-combat is no-brainer ofcourse, but having to do that extra step of running to in or flying to major-city would just be a waste of player-time, nothing more. So I don’t see how it would ruin YOUR gameplay if I was able to change spec while questing.

Don’t know how things work in retail, but at least in Wrath you lose all your resources upon switching specs.

2 Likes

It still works exactly like that in retail. Good call Shivette

ye does make the usefulless mid PVP fight not as applicable but it was just an example

when changing specs on the fly was introduced you didn’t also have era style CC and what else other stuff era has over later expansion

just as an example rogue could always be in his best spec for engaging any target

sod is still somewhat rock-paper-scissors and being in the wrong spec for the type of fight you are facing is part of the experience I feel

This just reeks of ganker vibes. So you just want to face people in their PVE/Leveling spec and not in their best pvp spec? Or am I missing the point?

1 Like

think there are many things you could come up with that could be a “problem” but it’s not about being a problem persé it’s era based SOD we are playing

I could already see a meta evolve where raids are constantly min/maxed by swapping specs. Something that could actually be a thing in sod, not so much the later expansions

era based sod is still more rock-paper-scissors than anything else WOW, and part of that is getting a right class/spec combination from the start.

• as an example wouldn’t it make hybrid classes kinda a go to class in PVE? You can have extra OT, heal or DPS depending on the boss by just swapping specs right there

I think it’s the combination era + dual spec that you simply cannot just copy paste without some consequences and seeing how they dealt with changes in P2 we could be stuck with an annoying meta

Hybrid specs were a go to even without dual-spec since simply changing runes was more than enough. I as a Feral druid was always tanking basilisk in grubbis and tanking in menagerie. Also some bosses require more healing and some less. In gnomer the 4 first bosses are easily solo healed but the last 2 are harder, so it would be great if the other healer could be dps specced if you dont need more healing.

Guess we’ll see what they do

And ofc it is great you can be more flexible but LFR is also great but in practice some things actually make a game worse

Dual spec might be not a big impact on it’s own but taking many things from retail and putting them in sod eventually the impact will be massive

This I hardly disagree xD

To many it’s great, not to me though

It has already been confirmed that we will be able to switch anywhere as long as you are out of combat.

Then only time will tell

I hope we can change anywhere out of combat

1 Like

It already got confirmed by aggrend that this will be the case.

1 Like

If I can change my runes on a fly then I should be able to change my spec on a fly, simple as.
Anything less is counterintuitive to the game mechanics they’ve introduced in SoD.
Just make the spec change take 20 seconds when you’re not in an inn or city.

1 Like

Worst idea eu

I do not see what is the problem.
If you are mage, doing something in open world with pve spec. for some reason, rogue attacks and you somehow manage to poly and change the spec and gear to finish him off, well we can say “well played”
Is not that better than dieing miserably, because caught on bad moment?
It probably will have cast time, we can change runes out of combat anywhere too, did not seen that it makes an issue.
Ppl with anxiety may be better to play on pve realm.
Peace!

1 Like

It being swapable only in towns gives you a reason to visit them, making towns feel more alive.