Dual spec only swap in an Inn?

Towns feel alive because they are usually quest hubs and flight paths exists there. So there already is traffic IF there are people in the world. Making me use more of my time to satisfy your sense of roleplaying is kinda selfish. Making game more of a chore just because is bad game design.

Let us use the cosy sleep bag to change it as well.

Change spec to sub rogue, pop all big cds for a kill, swap to something else after. Repeat every 5-10 min. You don’t see a problem with this?

1 Like

Why you think, that you need to change to sub spec to kill? At the current state of game I kill ppl more easy on combat/assa build. 10 min preparation, that is? You see a problem, thinking that there is guaranteed kill every 10 min? (rogue have potential to can kill on every spec, simple because he is in stealth and attacks when noone is prepared) Well, let’s remove pala bubble, seems to me like guaranteed kill every 5 min…Or maybe remove world pvp , it’s guaranteed risk of hearth attack, safety first!
Peace!

whats the point of having duo spec if you can’t respec anywhere you dumb morons, it’s the same as going and changing spec at the trainer…

3 Likes

To add onto what I said:
Spec changing not possible while in combat or while in battlegrounds. (except for the start before the match has started)

I seriously should not have to drag my butt all the way to an inn to swap specs when I am allowed to swap runes on the fly. It is senseless game design. Hey let’s put in runes that players can swap on the fly that alter their playstyle! But let’s also make the spec swapping only swappable in inns! Because those two mechanics swap functions TOTALLY go hand in hand!

Absolute incompetence if we can only swap at inns.
Then make runes also only swappable at inns then.

Parity with game mechanics.

1 Like

Paladin bubble is far from guarantee kill for the paladin unless the enemy is clueless.

Paladins will bubble when low in health, and the need to heal, which means they cannot hit you and you can run.
If they do decide to hit you, with half their attack speed (because of bubble) you can still get away as pretty much any class except perhaps warrior, by vanishing, shapeshifting, blinking etc.
But if the paladin doesn’t use the time to heal, he is dead after the 10 secs.

I love the runes and I’m happy for dual specc, but I agree, both should be only available in “rest” areas/before BG begins.

changing whole aspect of your character should be little bit inconvenient, this about it as you need to sleep on it to make it happen, that is why rest area only.

no point adding it if it isn’t usable on demand.

changing talents at rest area beats spending 50g twice per day.

having respec is so you can respec between two, not so you have to run to a city every time to do it, it adds a ton of travel time. which only increases over time so there is no benefit in it, only a problem that will need removed anyway so there no point adding that kind of thing.

This only adds a 3min walk to the nearest rest area, What the fk is your point with this? What will you gain from this use your peanut brain

Well some classes and spec changes aren’t even going to use the on-demand benefit while others can swap around with big cds in big specs. Why allow certain classes get this big benefit when others maybe only have passive skills to swap between?
Swap to firemage use combustion, swap back. Seems kinda braindead for both pve and pvp to swap around every 3 min just to get a big cd.

easy, swapping has a CD itself and can’t be done mid battle so no swapping for 30 mins then you won’t see it abused or it shouldn’t. number is a rough estimate of course it could be refined to something more suited to all.

this would probably be a better idea having the swap feature on CD and not allowing it to be use in battle. 30 mins should be enough for a raid group to sort itself out and request any spec changes too, i would think if not then 15mins to accommodate that area

Lets be honest, runes have a bigger inpact and varation than 2 different talent sets, and they can be mixed and matched by the click of a button out of combat (if one has an extra pair of equipment with another rune on it).

Pretty sure talents will be allowed to swap anywhere out of combat.

I had main paladin, i guaranteed countless kills against mages, using bubble to not get polymorphed. That paladin will bubble on low health is not true, also that will heal in bubble, why to heal when have opportunity to land a kill, it depends from situation. Also now paladins are not auto attack bots they was ago. Vanishing will safe me as rogue only if i have no dot on me, atm every fkn caster and his mother have a dot, hunters, warriors also, rogues will put a bleed on me if they do not want me to escape. In most of the time we use vanish offensively. If did not played rogue do not comment.
And most important i mentioned paladin as example, because of the post of author, who thinks that QoL change will unbalance the game.
peace!

Sir, i played this game from 2005 to Legion expansion, played it with and without dual talent spec. To be honest, never ever have seen that causing frustration, imbalance, or something bad, it is opposite. Especially for PvE, where you can swith from tank/dps/heal and be much more effective, for example the fight who do not need OT, or encounter which would need an extra heal etc. For pvp, i played warrior, ret pala, Dk, rogue and never felt in need to use spec change during fight.
Classic wow system is from 2004y where standards on mmorpg was slow placed combat, and grindy as hell, if i measure, i have lost much more time to get to the point than doing what i have to do there. Leveling in WoW classic is unnecessary chore, traveling for 1 quest between continents (desolace for example) to unlock other quests, too slow reps etc.
We are now 2024, standards on mmorpg has shifted, I do not say that SoD must be like retail, but why to keep all that chore, which is just additional waste of time. Also swapping that stupid runes anywhere out of combat is possible, they are talents by itself, what you have to say about this?
If you want Classic like vanilla, there is classic era, healthy and a lots of ppl playing.
In SoD every second forum fighter fail even to troll properly.
Most always whine for everything, always comments with illogical arguments, that they do not understand, but in tremendous need to say it.
Peace!

I feel like being able to switch to a pvp spec when getting ganked is prio #1 reason.
When it comes to cc, well those should be adressed seperately. There’s no reason a cc should last that long in pvp. Something i though they’d fix in the first iteration of the season.

Not really, since it’s era not every capital has all the class trainers, plus it currently cost money and is a hastle to swap all the talents around

There are many many many inns not far from where you are usually

If anything they should give it a shot, if they don’t release it like that they’ll never be able to revert it

Go get help from the nearest hospital