Dungeon's are TOXIC

Ran 2 dungeons this morning and it’s put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. First one tank had some MDI skip where you’re not supposed to be able to Dragon-ride over a fence and got us all killed.

Second one I’ve never seen tanking like it, killed the whole group multiple times and again some MDI skip got everyone killed.

I actually confronted the 2nd player and said it was awful and not fun, he replied with “it’s about speed, not fun”. Oh yeah cos killing the whole party is going to be faster.

What can we do about? I’m thinking about joining a guild or maybe request a chill run before we start.

25 Likes

It is amusing, they rush to “skip”, but usually forgot to tell anyone what and why are they doing that…
99% of the time skipping takes more time because of that

Pretty much, that

18 Likes

Yeah, if i tank i never skip.
Is a waste of time cause people will butt pull anyway.

I usually do the skip as a healer, and then come back to the group to just to show them in case they did not know.

10 Likes

You can try requesting chill runs in pugs but good luck with that. On a pug nobody owns anything to anyone. Different people have different goal. Dungeons are peak fun when you run them with the same people over and over again, when you all together discover new ways to make it easier and understand where to go and do without a whole lot of preplanning.

Pugs will always be subpar because for someone it’s the 30th time running, for someone else it’s the first time, another guy doesn’t even like dungeons but is there for the quest, another one knows a skip that the other four don’t know about.

5 Likes

You can try not caring as much?!

2 Likes

Tell people to learn how to walk.

It’s scary how many people can’t walk properly in this game.

You can just walk around the fence.

12 Likes

Skipping Brackenhide Hollow trash packs to avoid group fear. Getting feared by the attacked trash pack into the five “avoided” packs surrounding it.

:+1:t3:

19 Likes
2 Likes

There’s this thing called an in-ter-rupt that can be used to avoid getting feared. It’s amazing how well it works.

9 Likes

There’s this thing called cool-down and group members not very keen on in-ter-rupt, smart pants.

8 Likes

You’re specced into solar beam, typhoon and cyclone. One of those doesn’t even have a cooldown.

1 Like

Wrong. I’m specced to solar beam and typhoon only. Solar beam has cd and tyhpoon is useless when the trash pack is positioned the wrong direction too close to another trash pack.

3 Likes

Is that before last boss?

2 Likes

Either that or the “back door” enterance :thinking:
Hard to tell
Maybe?

2 Likes

Still not really tank fault if fear go off.

Group is suppose to kick it, if that fail, is a group failure not a reason not to skip.

Groups really should establish a kick order to make things like this easier.

1 Like

Have you ever been in a pug where every single person will interrupt the first spell at the same exact time? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I did…

3 Likes

How can the group kick when the tank has now spread the group across the instance some climbing fences, some pulling aggro whilst tank is sitting at the boss unaware. Absolutely abysmal gameplay.

5 Likes

Exactly why it is a group failure.

I was talking about a brackenhide hollow example that was made.

The new dungeons are in game for a week now. Some people still doing the dungeon for the first time. It is tank’s fault if they think they need to pull a tactic like this in the first week of the new expansion already.

Plus, tank should always calculate risk factors. If trash packs are too close, multiple fears are possible and there are a gazillion pats running around, it probably isn’t the best option to skip.

5 Likes