Dunno why people are against RDF in WotLK

Best thing ever… Fish, cook, farm achievements, do dailies and have your random dungeon pop. Raids are not LFR, who cares about 5 mans? Thanks for QQing streamers who can play 20 hrs a day and manipulate all those viewers of fortnite refugees who have never been around vanilla times and worshipping w/e their streamer says regardless of how illogical it is and affecting the whole community by destroying what really was a QoL change for absolutely no reason. Who plays w/o a guild anyway, if you do why lol? If it’s so important for you go form a guild and play with your guildies 24/7/365 that’s what this game is meant to be.

16 Likes

I think that it’s good that they’ve decided to take it down.

The current LF tool is doing what they intended it to do in the first place. Through it I managed to form some relationships already. It’s awesome if you ask me.

At around level 30 or so I did a BFD and a Gnome run back-to-back and a day after another BFD. I only later realized that for 2 days in a row I’ve gone do these dungeons with roughly the same people. And as mentioned previously, I was able to establish some sort of a connection with each and every last one of them. It’s making us interact with the playerbase and if you ask me, this is a QoL thing, not LFG. But that could only be me :'D

6 Likes

Happy for you, on average how many hrs can you play per day?

3 Likes

Every other day for about 5-6 hours. And then like maybe once or twice a moth for longer than 10 hours.

For example:
I last played on Saturday, and then today. So, on the 23rd and then on the 27th, since it’s past midnight where I live.

5-6 hrs, see that’s my point. You have time to find people, unless it’s a raid day I barely log for 3 hrs and while doing dailies I need my dungeon pop asap. I think blizzard should have made an in-game survery for those who purchased classic wow wotlk and go with the majority.

7 Likes

I do believe that you have a point, but imo most will vote for the system that’s up right now. Or so I’d say, I could again be wrong here.

1 Like

i do not have a data either ofc but almost everyone whom I talked to dislikes this change. Now I wonder when will I ever have a chance to do fishing. Waiting as a dps it gave me all the time in the world to do it and cooking dailies and such :frowning:

1 Like

I mean, one could argue that you can still do all of those things. The only difference is that like, instead of just waiting for the queue to pop u need to spam a message in the LFG chat and interact with others. And then if you don’t have the time to fly around/ walk to the dungeon just ask for a TP. I mean, there are ways to go around this imo, but then again that’s my opinion :smiley:

1 Like

are you on a populated server? I am on Gehennas it’s like China or India here, good luck trying to read something on /4 LFG channel. You type something and it’s gone in a second. If spamming equals engagement, I’d rather have a slower paced chat with someone on a pond while i’m fishing. My opinion ofc. I have a separate tab for Trade and LFG to avoid eye cancer from that spam.

3 Likes

I’m playing on Mirage-Raceway.

1 Like

Literally nothing, as there’s not a single person in the game that uses it for anything.

7 Likes

I do use it but it’s atrocious. It’s all GDKPs around, will get worse on WotLK. People need rdf to at least gear themselves pre raid and apply for guilds. I really dislike this meaningless change, and people have this illusion just because their favorite streamer can play 20 hrs a day 7 days a week and kill all the time in the world to do w/e they want, doesn’t mean they will have the same amount of time to spam in muslim mosque Dalaran… and why would they in the first place? This is all being done to satisfy casual players who refuse to apply for raiding/core arena guilds, after all it’s the same $$ for blizzard that only cares about sales.

1 Like

Because players was traumatised by RDF 15 years before when the game wasn’t known like today and with a diferent mentlity. It hurt their feelings and they grew resentful so it’s impossible for them to reconsider the question, they think the game is still like 15 years before and they absolutely believe it.

EDIT : Also, note that for a most part of them, they can’t imagine RDF can be modified like disabling cross-serv, most of them associate at 100% RDF = cross-serv. While we can just disabled it.

2 Likes

Well, whose fault do you think that is? Theirs or ours? Like, I see people spamming the LFG chat and not using the tool instead. Also, people are so used to boosting that whenever you try to make a group you usually just get whispered an offer from a guy that does boosts or just others asking you ‘Why don’t you find somebody to boost you instead?’. I’d say that’s just players being lazy, as opposed to the tool not working at all. I know a handful of people who just like sitting around and not trying to make a group themselves (talking about IRL friends here, people that I actually hang out with). Ain’t gonna point no fingers here, but whenever I needed a dungeon I was able to successfully make it and run it. And even the people that I’ve run the dungeons with were ultra positive/ respectful towards others and they were also patient and wanted to do all of the quests for everybody. So like, it’s either me being ultra lucky here or it’s just others being lazy and not trying. :confused: Could be one thing, could be both, no idea. :frowning:

2 Likes

the game wasn’t known? are you for real? WotLK had the TOP amount of players online at all times.

Edit: my bad lol i misinterpreted what you meant xD true wrath players understand what really made it SO great and OVERLY used xpac among all other private servers.

it’s their fault of course. Because they keep on trying to shove this useless tool down our throats, even though they know that no one used it in 2008, no one uses it now, and it’s not hard to guess if anyone is going to use it in wrath classic. Your stories are very interesting, but no one cares, people just want to play and have rfd

6 Likes

That’s what I gathered from what I’ve been seeing in videos / posts. Anyway, keep on doing your thing guys, and I’ma keep on doing mine. Gonna check out some streams before bed. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day/ evening/ night. ^

that’s the thing we can’t keep on doing what we want but you can, anyway take care mate. Enjoy your streamers’ opinions while ignoring yours to see what actually matters.

6 Likes

I have so many questions. If you’re in a “core” non-casual raiding guild, what’s stopping you from doing dungeons? Wrath will have lots more players doing dungeons first couple of months. I’m casual and I don’t see the rush. Raiding is a commitment, and if you don’t want to play as much as the game demands there’s always retail. But I think that game is no better in terms of time you have to spend to be competitive once geared up at endgame?

Oooook, and you think Classic is supposed to NOT cater to those you say feel hurt? The guys who wanted to play the 15 year old game again.

However I have a sneaking suspicion it’s your feelings that are hurt for being turned down by them and not getting what you want. “These troglodytes that don’t know what’s good for them…” :smile:

2 Likes

My dude, I’ve played on private servers for years and we played without any LFG tool. It’s my opinion as much as theirs is :'D