Dunno why people are against RDF in WotLK

Cata killed the game for me because of the changed world and that first underwater zone. Death of Arthas finished the story for me. I don’t mind LFR/LFD either in or out the game

Thats why people were looking forward to wotlk. Its designed for players having less time and focus on gameplay. That was the original experience and the original target audience. Now the game is about to be altered for vanilla fans, because vanilla fans dont want to play on their vanilla servers anymore, because vanilla is not what its used to be like. Vanilla fans now like to force players to play every future expansion like they think vanilla is meant to be played. And then they tell them to “go play something else”, while the option players with less time are looking for is literally the original wotlk experience. All this, while vanilla fans could play exactly what they want: vanilla era.

5 Likes

You don’t need many things to get a killed game apparently.

Well I think this strongly depends in the individual player, his playstyle and preferences.

For example, for me the game died when Blizzard made my combat rogue a pistol swinging pirate in Legion. There have been chages before, that I didn’t like, but I could live with them. But turning the char I’ve been playing, for almost a decade I think, into a pirate ruined the game for me.

Just to be 100% clear. It’s is you guys asking for the game to be altered because Wotlk did not have RDF until ICC.

So, just to be 100% clear.

You would then be fine with it coming with start of phase 3, which timewise is when it came in the original?

1 Like

Just to be clear, RDF is not a dg/raid content, it’s a mecanic/parameter.
Read that please :

Yes and we did not have these things until ICC :melting_face:

• Summoning Stones: To use any Summoning stone, a character must be at least level 15. There is no maximum level to use these meeting stones.
  • Health and Mana Regeneration: These regeneration rates have been increased up to 200% for low level characters. As the character level increases, regeneration rates gradually decrease, until returning to normal rates at level 15.
  • Troll and Orc shaman totems now have their own unique appearance.
  • Nerfed Oculus
  • The distance at which these health bars are visible to players has been increased by 40 yards. (oh wait, isn’t already enabled on TBC ? :slight_smile: )
  • The speed of improving the Norfendre reputations has been increased by approximately 30%.

Yes and we did not have these things until ToC :melting_face:

• Cast duration to summon any ground mount is now 1.5 seconds, down from 3 seconds.
  • The skill Apprentice Rider (75) can now be learned at level 20 for 4 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 20 to direct them to the riding master.
    Companion Rider skill (150) can now be learned at level 40 for 50 gold. A letter will be sent to characters reaching level 40 to send them again to the riding master.
    The Expert Rider skill (225) can now be learned at level 60 for 600 gold from Honor Hold or Thrallmar masters. Faction discounts are now applied (Honour Hold for the Alliance, Thrallmar for the Horde). Flight speed at this skill level increased to 150% of run speed from 60%.
    Artisan Rider Skill (300): Faction discounts are now applied (Honor Hold or Valor Expedition for the Alliance, Thrallmar or Warsong Offensive for the Horde).
    To continue harmonizing the number of mounts available for purchase for each race, a new 60% speed ground mount has been added for night elves, and a new 100% speed ground mount has been added for Forsaken.
  • Object comparisons: by pressing the Shift key. while hovering over an item with the mouse now displays the stat differences from the currently equipped item in the corresponding slot.
  • Portals have been added to Orgrimmar and Stormwind to lead players to the Stairs of Destiny at the Dark Portal.
  • A new zeppelin dock has been added to Thunder Bluffs to allow Horde players easier travel to and from Orgrimmar.
  • The local mail department got tired of walking so far each day to collect mail and decided to install a large number of new mailboxes in Stormwind, Undercity, Darnassus and Orgrimmar.
  • All stackable potions are now stackable by 20.

Yes and we did not have these things until Ulduar :melting_face:

• All ground mounts can now swim without unhorsing their rider. Flying mounts still cannot swim and dismount their rider when entering water.
  • DOUBLE SPEC
  • Applying a glyph no longer requires being near a Lexicon of Power. The same rules apply for changing glyphs
  • Players no longer need to complete the Nat Pagle, Extreme Angler quest to become Artisan Anglers. The quest rewards you with a special premium fishing rod. Players who have already completed this quest can visit Nat Pagle in Dustwallow Marsh to receive this new fishing rod.

RDF is not a RAID or a DUNGEON, it’s a mecanic/parameter like all i listed before.

You just want a CUSTOM WOTLK, you don’t like this game, go to Classic ERA and stop trying to ruin our game.

To be 100% clear. Some players prefer it as soon as possible, some want it in 3.3.0.

Some players want wotlk classic, with an original experience and some want wotlk remastered, with a different experience, thats more like vanilla.

For me personally, wotlk features are very important for the original experience and adding expansion defining features earlier is preferred.

Examples are:

• 150% minimum flying speed and 1.5sec mount time (patch 3.2.0)
  • no dismount for mounts swimming (patch 3.1.0)
  • dual specialization (patch 3.1.0)
  • battleground experience (patch 3.2.0)
  • battleground queue from anywhere and teleport back (patch 3.1.0)
  • battlegrounds grant bonus honor, instead of marks of honor and the first win of the day for bonus battleground is rewarded (patch 3.3.3)
  • Ring of Valor without fire (patch 3.2.0)
  • RDF (patch 3.3.0)
  • final class design (patch 3.3.5)
  • final pvp mechanic design, like silence getting dr (patch 3.0.8)
  • final dungeon design (patch 3.3.0)

Since it wasnt practiced in vanilla or tbc to add these features/core changes time after time, but instead all since the beginning, it would make sense to implement them in the beginning of wotlk, too. Since they are wotlk features, it would still be a classic wotlk experience, while removing/altering these feature would make it wotlk remastered.

5 Likes

How is it possible this guy is not banned for trolling yet?

3 Likes

I shared a fact if reality. RDF was introduced at the end of WOTLK long with ICC in the last phase (and stop with the nonsens that the last phase is not at the end). I also specifically answered the dishonest guy who claimed that other people are the ones who want to alter the game when in facts it’s the opposite.

You can look on all other changes happening during Wotlk and nothing changed the social dynamic in a negative way. I would ever argue that all other changes helped the social dynamic. Dual spec for example. Even though it changed class and role identity it absolutely made social dynamics better.

RDF sucked out almost all players from the world into to dungeons while leveling. It’s sucked In all the toxic afk leeches into dungeons and forced them upon others and destroyed the sense of realms communities. It destroyed dungeons as we knew it. It destroyed the whole feeling for the game.

Ofc we disagree on this but I am pretty sure we agree on that no other change in Wotlk comes close to how RDF affect the social dynamic.

I also disagree that it’s not content. I think it reach the level of content when it affect how you travel (teleport), how you play (new buff), how you quest and how you interact with players content.

I would even go so far as say that it’s more than content, more than a feature and more than a mechanic.

It changed the whole game. It changed the whole feeling of a game.

RDF is WAY more of a change than anything that had ever happened in the game before that. Only LFR and cross realm grouping with sharding is on the same level of change as RDF.

TO THIS DAY the game is completely different MOSTLY thanks for RDF. When Inlook back and think about when I stopped liking WoW retail. It was when RDF was introduced. It’s that big of a change. I have countless of bad memories from that time and not a single good one worth remembering.

OG WotLK didn’t have phases, it had content patches. ICC patch (3.3.0) was not the last content patch, there still was another raid (Ruby Sanctum) introduced in a content patch later on.

3 Likes

Major content patch =/= phases

But whatever. call it what you want. RDF was added along with ICC. It was never part of the major original WOTLK experience. It did not make the game better or more fun. It only made dungeons more convenient while sacrificing the social dynamic.

RDF is by far the biggest change to the social dynamic in this game. No other change before RDF negatively affected the social dynamic anywhere near as much as RDF did.

RDF is totally contrary to the design philosophy and pillars of the entire Classic experience and specially WOTLK Classic when these pillars have been very clearly specified.

The first and most important design pillar is: Nurture and Protect Social Experiences.
The compelling social experiences within World of Warcraft are why many of us first fell in love with the game. To retain these experiences, we want to help players build friendships and deepen their relationships within parties, raid teams, guilds, and server communities.
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/world-of-warcraft/23813563/developer-update-a-look-at-what-s-ahead-for-wrath-of-the-lich-king-classic

This is like saying that ICC was never a part of major OG WotLK experience, and I beg to differ.

3 Likes

Ok let’s talk about the major WOTLK experience.

Pre-patch, epic moment for any expansion. No new content but we get all the cool new abilities and stuff. No RDF.

Naxx and dungeons. We get tons of dungeons and a huge raid. Battleglegroundnd, professions, world pvp, Wintergrasp, you name it. This is part of the major WOTLK experience. No RDF.

Ulduar. Omg epic raid and a lot of chnages to classes and stuff. We are getting Dual spec and insta queue to battlegrounds. A lot fo cool stuff happening, all part of the major WOTLK experience. No RDF.

Trial of the champion. Definantly part of the major experience. Not as good as ulduar, but we are getting a lot of cool stuff on the way. We got a new dungeon also. No RDF.

ICC the final raid to fight the big boss of the entire expansion and the entire north. Absolutely part of the major experience. We also got 3 new dungeons. RDF introduced and I would easily say that RDF gutted the whole experience for these 3 new really good and hard dungeons.

Along with ICC we got RDF. I wouldn’t call that part of the major experience. I would call it part of the experience, absolutely. RDF was part of WOTLK but it had nothing to do with the stuff mentioned until now. It was introduced at the end along with the last major raid.

I would say that RDF had a major part of the long and boring period after ICC when nothing really happened and dungeons was mostly faceroll and toxic and anti social. We got a filler raid, but the game was kinda over. People was waiting for Cata for 8 months. I wouldn’t call this part of the MAJOR Wotlk experience at all.

The difference between ICC and RDF is ofc that ICC is a raid that drastically enhances the social dynamic while RDF shatters it.

I am VERY excited that we may get these 3 new dungeons without RDF because RDF really gutted that experience back in the day.

Mate, I really appreciate the effort You put int Your posts, but it is just plain wrong to say that RDF was not a part of OG WotKL experience/it was added at the end of WotLK.

If You played all the way through WotLK, then RDF was with You for nearly half of the expansion. Also, I agree that it may have had a huge impact on wow’s social side - but that only strenghtens my argument. If the impact of RDF was so great and overwhelming, how can it not be a major part of the WotLK experience?

Say what You want about RDF, but stating that it was not a part of OG WotKL experience/it was added at the end of WotLK is just plain wrong.

2 Likes

I agree. You obviously didn’t read all of my post and I can understand that because it was pretty long.

Here is what I actually said on the topic:

But the most important part is this, from an earlier post:

It doesn’t matter if it was part of the major experience. It wasn’t but even if it where it wouldn’t matter. It has no place in Classic. ever.

You didn’t answer this (no suprise there though):

He also didn’t answer to me lol
Maybe my argument are too strong for him and he want to answer only if he is sure to get right.

Yea, we all know RDF wasnt released early. It was introduced 2 months before ICC fully opened and 7 months before Ruby Sanctum and was present about 10 months of wotlk.

However, the preference to call RDF either “a part” or “a major part” of wotlk, when it was present 42% of the expansion, is missing the point of the whole discussion in my opinion, same as whether the 10 months of ICC and Ruby Sanctum were personally being perceived as “boring” or not.

It is no question RDF was part of wotlk, because it definitely was. Saying otherwise is being uninformed or trolling. The question is, do players want original classic features or wotlk remastered?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.