Dunno why people are against RDF in WotLK

Yep everyone who always loved mmorpg games disagree with you including developers themself but its you who is right sure. :smiley: I literaly had more player interactions right now on classic on my 38 lvl than on retail in past 4 expansions.

1 Like

And i explained why RDF change nothing, you can get interaction with it.

And i told you that youe explanation is wrong. Becouse you have absolutly no idea about anything when comes to people behaviours in different types of enviroment.

I think i can have RDF and get interaction with other players.

"Hello my friend we need a last tank for Uldaman ! :smiley: "
“Hey i’m available !!!”
“Ok nice !!” /invite
"Hello guys :slight_smile: "
“Hello :)” "Hi :slight_smile: "Hey :stuck_out_tongue: "
"Let’s go tag :smiley: " => teleport
"Can you buff x please ? :slight_smile: "
“Thanks :slight_smile: "
“Let me regen please”
" blablablabla”
“Thank you all if you want another dg add me in your friend list ! Bye bye !”

Jesus, RDF killed social so much in my exemple god damn

Funny fact this literaly doesnt happen in RDF. Go to retail to say Hi there .You will be lucky to not be kicked out. No it doesnt happen in RDF.

1 Like

Do you get my point though? You dont see the upsides of the tool. You are correct that there are always upsides and downsides for any change ever, be it in the game or elsewhere. However, this does not mean that the reasons why a change in question is discussed, are meaningless, which you imply. I stated all arguments for and against already. I discussed them, trying to weigh them against each other and come to a conclusion. You say “RDF destroyed this game”. This is your argument, your discussion. You dont even try to understand and discuss positive aspects of the feature. Instead of actually discussing the reason RDF is wanted, you state “no problem for me” and “but it destroyed”. This is why you do not discuss the topic, but only state your opinion.

1 Like

Do you know why ? Becouse what youj say are possitive aspect of this feature are in fact negattive aspects.

Because as it was said many times, RDF is not the problem, players are.
I played on a pserv Wotlk without RDF and it NOTHING changed, 0 social.

Maybe because they are. Its a fact RDF helps players finding groups. Its a fact crossrealm helps low pop servers or low level players forming groups. Its a fact that being in queue takes less time and players are able to spend more time playing the game while waiting for their dungeon. Its a fact that gatekeeping isnt a problem with RDF.

On the other side are facts too of course. The crossrealm problem for example, that players cant add others to friends list or reduced social liability. That teleportation makes people miss out their travel experience. That premade groups are usually more balanced and have a better time because they can pick who fits in best.

But to call “RDF destroyed this game” as a fact is overly simplified and far from being a fact, when it comes to the discussion, as there were so many influences, that impacted the game at least to a similar degree.

RDF destroyed the game as we knew it. There is a before RDF and there is after RDF.

RDF destroys the social dynamics in this game.

And for what?

Convenience

You want to sacrifce the social dynamics for convenience.

Yeah, isn’t that enough?

I can also go with this is a recreation of a game. RDF wasn’t part of the original experience and should not be released until ICC. Because fort the millionth time. No one care if you get RDF along with ICC and you can use it forever. But forever isn’t enough for people like you.

Do you even realize this is just proof to my assumption, that you are unable to address or discuss the positive aspects?

You are correct that RDF wasnt part of the original experience until ICC back in the day. This is an argument towards when to introduce RDF. Many players and even Blizzards last reply, that is most important, state, that there should be no RDF in wotlk. So there are voices stating they care its not included at all, different from what you claim. Also many players would accept, if Blizzard actually announced to introduce is at the same time it was back in the day, patch 3.3.0. Not all of course, since some want to profit from the upsides of RDF as soon as possible.

1 Like

Rofl that says it all really. You wont be using the LFG tool. So you wouldn’t be using the RDF either then, but forming groups only with guildies and friends… wth are you even in here for?

And we know for a fact people wont use it as well. I’m done with Blizzard if they don’t keep RDF in. That’s the drop that tipped it over. I’m moving to private if this happens.

Question is, how many will they loose that get tired of it after a few months…?

Kinda rich coming from someone that wouldn’t be using either LFG nor RDF…

Here’s one for ya. If you want more just searach for yourself. Really not that hard.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-group-finder-isnt-social/365184

1 Like

Custom RDF and problem solved.

I just checked all of your comments with your character, and there was not one upside of RDF that you acknowledge or discuss, besides that it was part of wotlk.

Instead, I found only cringe-worthy stuff:

Looking at the comments overall, I can only conclude you are a troll or completely unaware of what you are doing. Your one and only argument up to this point to not include RDF in wotlk is your claim the RDF “destroyed this game”. Source: your memories and that retail now is different from what it was 12 years ago. Even I have stated more and better arguments against RDF than you.
You didnt discuss any positive aspect of RDF. If you address it, you simply call it “convenience” without any further specification.

3 Likes

Its fact that everything you listed are in fact negative aspects becouse they lead to negattive and unfun outcome for sake of covinience.

Yeah when something like RDF destroyed the game as we knew it that argument kinda makes all other arguments pointless, both for and against.

RDF destroyed World of Warcraft as we knew it. RFD sacrificed the social dynamics for convince. The game would never be the same again.

That kinda says it all. What more are there to discuss? Also it wasn’t part of the original Wotlk experience.

Every new changes for expansions destroyed the game as we knew. Every new big feature brought big changes to the game. You personally choose not to call it “change”, but “destruction of what we knew”. But it was the intend of nearly every new expansion and feature to feel fresh and new, different from “as we knew it”.

You state yourself, that this destruction you see in the RDF makes every discussion for you pointless. At least this time you are honest that you didnt want to discuss anything to begin with.

1 Like

Not every just some.

Thanks for clarifying this. Small changes didnt change as much, so I stand corrected.

1 Like

RDF is big change.