Dying realms

Hey, is there anything being thought about these low population servers. Has there been any thoughts about maybe merge them together somehow? At this point playing on low population server is nearly impossible.

Its kinda pointless to say, but im not going to pay for migrate. Its a problem that is going to cost customers in a long run.

11 Likes

Not even low pop realms, I was on Earthshaker (horde) which is listed as “High” population but playing on the horde side is completely impossible. There are maybe 1 or 2 groups for the entire Outland dungeons at peak hours 5-11 pm and the AH is completely dead and whatever is left on it is way overpriced.

Blizzard is farming money from realm transfer so I doubt they will do anything about it.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that blizz should come up with a solution to improve player’s experience which is opposed to their current goblin philosophy?

How dare you

4 Likes

Yeah man, they opted to listen to the horde for advices so we are doomed

As long as people paying for transfer > people quiting money keeps coming in. It’s bliz short term strategy and we all know what their long term strategy is … none

2 Likes

Best thing would be merging dead Gandling with Earthshaker. There are still some hordes in Gandling while no alliances.
I’d accept even a name change for a playable server, but I’m not gonna pay 200€ to move all my chars 60-70.

7 Likes

Yeah I got 6x70 chars and I definitely won’t be paying for their transfer.
I pay subscription for a service and if the server I play on dreadmist or “deadmist” as it’s called nowdays dies out like it seems to be doing.
Then I will simply cancel my subscription, I mean why would I pay if a playable service is not provided for the money.

If blizzard doesn’t announce something about realms by October, i see my self unsubbing. Why invest time into your characters if the realm they are does not have ppl. You can spend the 25-50 to buy another game instead and maybe revisit when blizzard acts. Double win. I’ll prolly try the new Football Manager. You need a new addiction to get over an addiction.

2 Likes

At this stage, you either pay 100-200e for transfers or quit playing dead servers. It seems Blizzard is just milking all their franchises before the last remaining player base will realize the whole Blizzard game portfolio did not evolve in the last 5 years at all. Majority of player base quit / switched to other games which are currently leading the market with their approach to players. Blizzard is unfortunately very hostile and don’t listen to us at all and on top of that they are really struggling with content productivity for such a company - wonder they are doing during work time? Sad downfall.

Technically, playable service is provided, your server is online and you can log in and play 24/7. And is what Blizzard provides, you cant even sue them for not fulfilling their part.
They didnt promise 10k players on realm, if less you dont have to pay anything.

2 Likes

Technically Horde was also able to play BG’s before the HvH changes.
Technically Alliance was also able to play the game in phase2 classic wow.

100% truth.

merge outland with some realm maybe ?? i know u like € too much but in the long run you will lose more €

Is this retail reference?

Tbh listening to community is really bad most of the times, remember batching?
Apso what exactly would you do to fix this?

Then again they do advertise the game as “massively multiplayer online game”
I don’t see how a practically empty server fulfills that description.

And yes I am perfectly aware that they won’t do anything and there is nothing I can do about it. Would be just nice to see a glimpse of decency from the company towards it’s customers…and again I know it’s not going to happen.

Really hoping for a ‘We are aware and working on a solution’ reaction at the very least. After the awesome pvp changes it would be the cherry on top.

1 Like

Only solution is to give free transfer anywhere to pretty much every small server, which would ruin even the big servers, or you see any solution?

I’m really hoping they merge my 100% horde server with an alliance one. Looking from the lore part of it, horde essentially went to another ‘realm’ to conquer. In such way i would love to invade another realm and annihilate every ally at sum stones. Hell, i would go at the gnome starting zone if possible and cast hellfire. Only the most alpha dwarf males would be allowed to survive and occasionally a female dwarf of their choosing.

Well, problem with merging is that at this point there are about 15k horde like you and only 5k ally like that(raiders) so do you just make 75:25 server or you pick few lucky horde to go on the balanced realm?

1 Like