Dying realms

I was joking btw, merging doesn’t have to do with alliance. Take the dead horde realms and put them together. People just wanna run dungeons or pug some kara whenever they desire i suppose.

they need to take Gandling, Dreadmist, Stonespine, Ten Storms and Flamelash and slap them together into 1 server, then take that 1 server and slap it together with Earthshaker, then we’d have a roughly 50/50 ally/horde populated server with about 5-6k players on each side.

1 Like

Yes, that would be nice under assumption Earthshaker players want 50:50 balance.
I highly doubt that, being dominant faction is what they want.

1 Like

its not about what they want, its about whats healthy for the game and the majority of the players paying to play it.
if they want a majority realm (which i doubt) they can go to Bloodfang, Firemaw or even Judgement and Dragonfang where on at least 3 of them there’s (almost) no horde to bother them.

So Blizzard should solve your issues but they should pay for transfers to get what they want?

1 Like

In the end, it is what they want, ES people will migrate again if ES becomes 50:50.
Just look at WoW history, players dont want balance and that is how warmode is born.

Yes, screw em. transfering in order to gain a majority is lame and it harms the servers they leave, as you can see today.

one thing is transferring because your realm is dead and you want to be able to actually play the game you pay for, another thing is to leave a healthy server in order to gain an advantage through numbers.

But do you think that those transfer would go straight to servers where your faction is minority? Ofc not, it would most likely make arthshaker and firemaw insanely ally dominant and all other servers insanely horde dominant

we were actually planning on going to Ashbringer, since it has a nice 50/50 population actually slightly alliance majority by 100 players or so, and since its about 2800/2900 population we wouldn’t have queues 9/10 times we try to log on, like we would if we were to go to Gehennas or Firemaw.

we’re not looking to join a horde majority server, because we know it will eventually spiral towards an overtly horde majority and then all the allies will leave, just like they did from ours and then we’d have to transfer again.

i’m calling it right now, Gehennas will be the next one to have a mass exodus of alliance players as all hordes from dead servers transfer there.

Aahbringer seem real good rn, hopefully transfers wont ruin it.

And yeah, with apes gone i am afraid gehe ally is done now. Its only matter of time

yeah but rewarding blizzard with over 600 euros (for at least 25 guildies main chars transfer) is like rewarding your dog for taking a dump on your floor, thus we should be allowed to transfer for free, its not our fault blizzard refuses to even address the issue.
lots of dead horde-only servers could easily be merged with a majority alliance server, saving thousands of people their money.

2 Likes

To balance every ally majority server you would nees about 9700 horde raiders, only on dead servers there are currently about 15.5k of them you cant balance it.

Never expect blizz not to be greedy, they ar just milking money from us

All PvP servers are now dying and becoming one-faction servers. At this point, like climate change, it is already too late.
Every server that was forcibly merged by Blizzard will die again - the deeper problems have to be resolved first.

ashbringer is not a good server to transfer if you plan to bring ur guild here, it can only be decent if u come solo or with 1-2 friend. we literally had 10 guilds of 10 players each show up the past 2 weeks attempting to recruit, on a server where there is literally 0 unguilded players, which naturally creates even more problems considering that those new guilds are not willing to merge. ive already seen 2 guilds that showed up at the start of the month disband, and its also causing guilds without full rosters to consider moving to firemaw as well

not to mention that every single guild on the server, succesful or not, is also recruiting
tldr: come to ashbringer ally without ur whole guild, or you will disband. the pastures are not greener on the other side
edit: also ashbringer has half the pop it had in classic, and its decreasing even more, currently 5k between both factions. you have been warned

Thats kinda case on every server, probably except gehe and firemaw, guilds are dying everywhere

But they most likely did transfer there because their faction was dead on their realm.

Before one faction goes dead, when balance exists, there is always a faction which is more agressive and leans to wpvp and other is more interested in pve/raids.
“PvE” faction see it as waste of time, raid start is getting late and so they rather transfer to dominated realm with less pvp.
It is not that “PvE” faction wants to be on PvE realm, it is just too much PvP for their taste.
To this day, I have never understand why top raid guilds go play on PvP realms where is much bigger chance they will be slowed down by Wpvpers.

1 Like

In my experience there is never such a thing as “balance” on a server. One faction always has more people than the other. And it really doesn’t matter which faction is the one with the majority in the end it leads to a growing imbalance because more and more people transfer over to the majority while very few do so on the minority side. This whole “PvE faction” is more or less nonsense because the vast majority of people on both factions aren’t PvPers. As for why are top guilds on PvP servers it’s because you can’t transfer from PvE to PvP so being on PvE would hurt their recruitment prospects as many potential recruits wouldn’t want to lock their character to PvE realms.

During P2 in vanilla Classic, one faction was blocking BRM for whole day while other faction wanted to get into raid instance.
So, one faction can wpvp whole day and other one just wants to get to raid (“pve” faction).

1 Like

And on servers where the other faction was the majority it went the other way. Funny how it turns out to be 100% a numbers game and not some magical difference between people playing one or the other faction.

1 Like