EA or Blizzard, pretty much the same

For years now, people, including myself has defended Blizzard even when they released unfinished games such as WoD and BFA. And one thing i was always certain of, that was that Blizzard would never pull scumbag moves like EA…

And now here we are. Selling a toy in your cash shop implying that you’ll follow the industry standard, and add a % of the price to the prize pool on top of your contribution.
Only to at the last second to mention, that you will actully not throw anything in the pool.
So now, the playerbase pays the prize pool, where you keep 75% for yourself. And then also enforcing your “no political speech” rules o.0 While claiming the playerbase is your focus and making great games?

Oh, and let’s not forget the blizcon ticket price to actually get in and see it? And the monthly subscription o.o

To sum it up, we pay for the toy, subscription and blizcon tickets where last years big reveal was a mobile game and a PC gamer convention. For this we get a broken game, and a prize pool with a small difference of what, 130.000$ ? …

But i guess it’s all good, you manged to fill up the bank account a bit more… Guess there really is no difference between Blizzard and EA anymore, both are scumbag companies all to willing to rip of their playerbase.

2 Likes

Nah, Blizzard shot way ahead of EA, in scummary, this year

Yea, it’s sad… ah well, not much i can really do about it … one things for certain tho :stuck_out_tongue: Not throwing 50$ for Blizcon ticket, just gonna watch the highlights on youtube come monday.

1 Like

There is an existing topic about this already.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.