Easy way currently to farm Mark of Honor?

Is there a way to easily get a couple for some transmogs when you’re not really a PvP person? Not to be significantly detrimental to others’ play experience, of course. I have some PvP experience, but I’m just not that eager anymore. But the currency grants access to some desirable transmogs that are not attainable by other means.

1 Like

do the weekly quests and make sure to queue up for pvp. It takes time.

You can always wait for the comp stomp brawl as well where you just stomp some npcs within a few minutes. It technically counts as pvp and gives the same boxes and pvp marks as reward

But idk when the next comp stomp comes around

2 Likes

March 22nd

and then In june

this is pity that this part isn´t permanent or every 2 weeks

it takes every 2-3 months to happen Comp Stomp

3 Likes

Epic bg gives the most honor, so you can buy chests from the honor vendor which contains a few marks plus what ever the bg win gave.

2 Likes

Epic BG sounds good. I used to like Alterac a lot, for example. The more players, the merrier.
Can you point me to an item type or vendor NPC so I can check the connections on WoWhead?

I’d probably use a druid for it, for versatility. Is healer safe for a casual or is there little team support to be expected in epic BG so that healers easily get ganked? Is it easier to go damage dealer? How does the role affect Honor gain?

(P.S.: The forum logic around post edit and responses is a pain.)

Spam comp stomp when it’s up. Takes no time at all because it’s against NPCs.

1 Like

Queue epic bgs farm honor/marks.
You can trade 2k honor for 5 marks of honor.

1 Like

Comp Stomp when it’s up, but sadly it is really rare, it happens every 3 months.

You wanna do it with every max level alt when it’s on to maximize your gains (6 per each alt for completing it the first time, 1 per win after, and you can buy a chest full of marks in both Valdrakken and Oribos for 2k honor).

2 Likes

Thanks for the details. I found the chest/vendor.
I see Comp Stomp is on the calendar. I also made a note.
I’ll only have two alts at max level this time because my vast army of other alts I have no motivation to bring to max level. So if the event is hard-excluding chars below 70, then I guess it’s an easy 12 marks or so from that.

How much honor is gained typically when winning/losing an epic BG?

TBC timewalking says hello :wink:

Not sure, but if I recall correctly, a comp stomp win was roughly 600 when rushed.

Is that a very fast leveling means? Or just low difficulty? (Edit: It says level 60 and up only, so legit for highlevel alts only,m although for this case fine.)
(Lots of dungeon quests, I guess, but also frustrating when they don’t complete because of rushing, thereby negating the point of rushing at least for levelers.)

Dragonflight pvp daily world quest also gives you 1 mark of honor. If you do em at some time when the server is dead then you can just pve them in 1-2 minutes.

2 Likes

The shadowlands war mode world quests can have a reward that gives marks(the tooltip shows if it does)

2 Likes

Not enough to make it worth it imho. I’d stick to random BGs as they are a lot faster, and the honor rewards aren’t much less than epic bgs. As alliance you should have the enlistment bonus so you’ll earn bonus honor as well.
Comp stomp is a great suggestion. If you get a good group they will rush straight to the end and finish a match in 2 minutes. Geared my alt up there and my bag was overflowing with marks of honor and primal chaos.

1 Like

I looked at them, well one, when it was up, but it didn’t list it. Does the mark only become visible with war mode on? Or is it not always?
I need to activate war mode for them to actually trigger when I am in the vicinity, right?

It still works to this day, with overlevel char?
(Currently none there for me to check.)

It doesn’t show that it gives marks however once you complete it you get 1 mark.

1 Like

The Mark is not listed in the rewards.

You do the quest, you get the rewards, AND you get one Mark as well.

1 Like

I guess in a game that also still has no reputation gain info on many quests and the addon for it stopped working long ago, this is to be expected. The game kept a whole gameplay sector away from me because it made me believe it yields nothing of interest to me.

I think I’ll actually wait for Comp Stomp. Kinda demotivates me, this lackluster design.
I usually don’t need those marks urgently anyway.
I am regretting a bit that I didn’t do the Korrak’s Revenge during the anniversary, though. That gives plenty of marks IIRC. Or is it time badges only?

Wait a sec. Now I’m not sure of that. That’s definitely the way I see PvP quests in Dragonflight, but I’m not sure it’s that way in Shadowlands. And I can’t find one in Shaddowlands right now to check.

Sorry for the confusion.

There are WQs in Warmode that tend to drop them.

Random Battlegrounds is great, especially if you are a ranged class. Just group up with everyone else and kill whatever they kill. They’re a lot less daunting when you play together. Keep the objective in mind, of course.

Any currency you have can be traded in at the PvP conquest vendors for a bundle of those Marks (I think 5). Should be on the last page.

Honestly, doing PvP is best. Just autopilot-brain with your team and you should be alright. A body that fights tends to still be useful! You’ll need around 12 Marks for most gear ensembles from Legion onwards, and up to 80 (jeez…) Marks for full weapon collections as well.

Shame you can’t buy individual pieces…

2 Likes