Ehm. Customizations

People have been asking for Upright Undead, Long Human Beards, yet what do we get? A cow with a flower on its hair! Yes, we got many new options, many of which were being asked for for years. And you did a pretty good job. But not giving us these basic customizations that a fantasy game DEMANDS (long beards and upright undeads) is frustrating. People have anticipated long beards and upright undeads more than a flower in cow-hair.

5 Likes

A lot of races seem unfinished with their customizations, let alone the heritage armour that is left to give to the core races.
This is ActiBlizzard trying to save as much money as possible and please as many people as possible until Shadowlands launch.

Give it time.

1 Like

Yeah, but, if you got everything you wanted all at once what would you moan about?

6 Likes

Tbh undead look really good on the PTR, I guess I wouldn’t hate having upright model options…

But do we really need to make the forsaken more human like??

However humans defiantly need long beards.

4 Likes

Yes, because Blizzard taunts us to ask so: We will be able to dress like Liches in Shadowlands (the cloth Covenant armor), and who doesn’t want a Lich character? To make a proper Lich, though, we can’t have these backs with the hunch. A Lich is a skeleton, and we cannot have skeletons, so the Forsaken are the closest. They need a straightened back.

1 Like

No they do not. We can’t just rob every race’s identity just to make them more human like.

1 Like

But, they are human! Just dead ones who forgot to lie down like good boys and stay dead!

4 Likes

This. I highly doubt every single undead died from a snapped spine.

5 Likes

Blizz :
Buy now, then we will see if we will add more customizations

2 Likes

Tbh I’m stoked for tauren players. It’s easy to look at their options and go “what? Who wanted that?” And forget that up till now they’ve had 4/5 faces based on your gender, 4/5 hair/beard styles you can barely see, and largely only differ based on horn style and skin colour whereas other core races have had over twice the facial options, thrice the hairstyles that you can actually see as well, and same for facial hair as well as other adornments.

2 Likes

It doesn’t make sense for the forsaken to be standing upright, you know, muscle degradation.
There’s a reason why zombies in movies are a slouchy too for the most part.

1 Like

I mean tauren are good, but, but I really wanted them to add feathers or something else for the horns, who on earth asked for flowers?

Easily identifiable and visually distinct player silhouettes has been a Blizzard design principle for a long time across all their games.

If you like human model so much then play a human.

2 Likes

It isn’t as if straight-back Forsaken do not exist at all in order to give them their own silhouette. There’s Nathanos, Calia…

1 Like

by that logic, they should just be a pile of mush on the floor :laughing:

1 Like

I’m excited for the new customisations, keep suggesting things to blizzard, there is the option to make suggestions in game as well :wink:

2 Likes

I woud rather say we are making the human more forsaken slowly, the common reaction you are afraid about your identity and you think we would become the rule, well rest assured than we would only be an extreme minority.

The stuff we have so far is really nice. And honestly I think Forsaken might even end up getting a skeleton version. I mean they have most things in place for it, I think.

Regardless, the bones and the upright posture can wait. I’m actually really bummed out at how poorly the nightborne elves have been treated. Blizzard should review that race and try to listen to the players who chose the respective race to play cause so far, I don’t think they have.

Not a good comparison.

Those are NPCs who are important to the game’s lore and were hand-crafted for that purpose. Not realistic to expect every single player character to be visually unique in an MMO played by a few 100k player characters.

“If everyone is special, then no one is” applies here.

I am not opposed to more customization options but ultimately it is just cheap cosmetic fluff that is interesting for all of 20 seconds before you start running into clones of yourself. MMOs just don’t lend themselves very well towards unique player models because it isn’t relevant to the gameplay.

1 Like

Those make sense since Nathanos’ body was specifically made and Calia was more fresh corpse too while being all new special.
But generally the forsaken are more decomposed lot.

Well to that we can apply that game/movie magic thing that keeps the corpses moving around. But still in almost all cases there has been moving corpses around they have been slouching and don’t have a straight back. It’s what is associated with the living dead.

1 Like