Elemental Shaman DF feedback

After playing some TBC and reminding myself old expansions gameplay I came to few conclusions:

1. Bringing back Weapon Enhancements in SL was great however Flametongue feels useless and boring on other specs than Enha. As I remember in Wrath/Cata/MoP Flametongue increased Spell Power and in Cata/MoP you could use Unleash Elements on weapon Enhancements to get certain effects. Windfury gave you attack speed for few attacks, Flametongue increased damage of the next Fire spell. Frostbrand slowed the enemy for few sec by 70% and Rockbitter gave 30% damage reduction for few seconds. From all these effects only Unleash Life is in the game but Earthliving is not in the game. I’d love more enhancements to be back to the game - Earthliving and Frostbrand mainly but also Flametongue to be reworked to be useful for Ele. It would be great to bring old class/spec flavour.

2. Elemental Shields - Lightning Shield, Water Shield and Earth Shield are great but as everyone can see there is one elemental missing - Fire. Imo a new talent or baseline Fire Shield for elemental doing something else than Lightning Shield would be great idea and make specs a bit more interesting. Also it could make Shield Mastery PvP talent more interesting because since Ele has Thunderstorm using it with Lightning Shield is not a great idea due to DR.

Last three points would be rather wishful thinking but hopefully one day Blizzard would check it:

1. Enhancement and Ele defensives. To be fair as long time Enhancement player I don’t like the fact that our survivabilty base so much on offhealing. I miss my Shamanistic Rage and being able to use it in stun. Enhancement is a spec that is usually in the middle of the fight while it’s usually targetted by others. Heals are great unless you are locked down with stuns for example. These heals can also be used to heal partners so they cause a lot of frustration within players of other specs. I’d love Shamanistic Rage to be back for the cost of reducing heals. At the same time I think Elemental Shaman healing should be higher. Since Versatility bonus is gone I heal for less than 10 k in PvP. 7-8 k and then 18 k maybe with Crit but since we have 4 set we rather don’t invest into it. I think that Elemental Shaman heals because they are casted and can be interrupted should be higher. There is a counterplay to it in opposite to instant Enhancement heals.

2. Instant CC and Ancestral Swiftness to be back. Shaman is the only caster class without reliable CC. Not only it’s on your main school so you can’t use crucial spells like Ghost Wolf, Purge, Interrupt, most utility Totems or Dispel but also you have to juke it and if the enemy avoids it with any mechanic you have to wait for CD. Back in Wrath, Cata, MoP Enha could use Hex with Maelstrom stacks for an instant CC. Was it op? I don’t think so. If Hex would be back to 45 sec CD I think it would be fair. At the same time I’d love Ele and Resto to get Ancestral Swiftness that works with Hex. Instant Hex every let’s say 1,5 min. wouldn’t be that big of a deal and would help Shaman to play in more agressive setup based comps. At the same time R Shaman is suffering due to having hard to use CDs. All of them besides Earthen Wall require Shaman to be close to the target - Ascendance, Spirit Link Totem. Nature’s Switness and the Ancestral Swiftness were huge part of Shaman Gameplay till Legion. Druid got his back Shaman having it’s own for an emergency heal would be fine I guess.

Last one is rather a dream but maybe one day.

1. 4th Shaman specs. If you check Shaman forums you will see two trends. People are asking for 2H Enhancement and for Shaman tank spec. Why not then connect both ideas into one. Back in Legion when we got Shaman class mount quest we all noticed that each spec got Elemental themed variant of a mount. Ele - fire one, Enha - wind one and Resto - water one. We all see that one Element is missing - Earth. At the same time some Earth themed spells were in the game but got removed - Rockbitter Weapon Enhancement, Boulder Fist are good examples. Blizzard you have tools to build a spec around now you just have to use your great creative ideas to add tank mechanics and mastery to it. I’d love to see it happen. For me 2h Enha is relict of the past that wouldn’t work in current game - it’s dps was awful but it had random one shot potential - ironically something everyone complains about. 2h tanking Shaman though can be a great replacement for people who like the idea of 2h Shaman and at the same time can make Shaman as a class who owns Elements feel more complete with addition of Earth themed spec.
3 Likes

This is the PvP/arena forum big man.

Thanks, didn’t notice. Fixed

2 Likes

HMU for some games sometime as well, if you wanted some LSX :heart:

We may try why not.

if shamanistic rage is not on the new talent tree i m going to delete this class

besides, bring back unleashed elements and for the love of whoever, DO NOT add WF totem doom winds. If for whatever dumbo reason you want to keep doom winds, bring back the legion button doom winds that does crazy stuff not the crapperoni version we have now.
also delete ascension, freaking trash skill

Sadly, i don’t want a shaman to tank, it’s plain and simple why. I know that talent trees had specific defensive options in Vanilla but the game does not need shaman to be a tank. There are already way too many tank classes in the game and i really want that developers get a bit more insight what these classes really are and what shamans are. The fantasy, it’s so important when you create and customize the class and you have a good board with useful data when you send it to the animators. Players are demanding so much from the game and the developers but they forget totally what ‘‘fantasy’’ means in the game. Grinding hard and raising upwards in the ladder in pvp and pve does not mean nothing if the class doesn’t feel good in the player’s hands. Shaman fits to my personality, that’s why i don’t have many alt’s.

I mean it’s plain as a blank, if you already have good things in your hands and you want to add some flavour into a class as a developer, then there are idd a window of opportunity to redesign shaman class as a whole and bring the juice together to the core of the fantasy what the class is. The Fantasy has to be in it.

It’s a big no from me to tank shaman because that really isn’t what developers had in mind for the game. You see, as a shaman you have already 4 elements which you master. Fire, Water, Earth and Air. I hope developers stop adding more classes to the game and starts to focus fixing the core of classes and the fantasy around them. Anyway good post :slight_smile:

I stopped reading here.
And I am sorry to say … what a BS you post!
/Edit: :wink::bouquet::sun_with_face:
/EndEdit

Wishing you a very Nice Day.

If well created, a Tanking Shaman class could be an enormous Joy to play and IT could give the class a very nice deepening.

Nice tone on that feedback mate, work with yourself, don’t just get it going that easy under your skin. Good luck and have a good day!

Ah well, I could post a smiley behind the BS, think will do. But its still BS…way too many tanking classes.

Pls don’t include dead talents for Elemental in DF or atleast rework them. Static Discharge and Liquid Magma Totem for example. If you don’t know what to do with them just replace them with some usefull ones, gathered by feedback. Honourable mention would be Unlimited Power. This gets only somewhat good in late expansion when we have the sec stats for it…

I have to disagree a bit here. I’m a passionate Elemental main and have a fair bit of experience with Resto and Enhance and I personally miss a tank spec.

We roughly see the mastery of Lightning (Enhance), Fire (Ele) and Water (Resto). Yet Earth is somewhat left out. Sure … every spec has spells from every elemental class, which is the way it should be. But a tank spec as the master of earthen magic is something that fits really well into the class fantasy in my opinion. Add on top of that the fact that we can play with shields (both physical and elemental ones) and use mail armor, it fits really well. And if you think of shamanism as a more primal and tribal way of life, someone’s gotta be the protector.

Do we need more tank classes in general? I don’t know. Why not? Tanks are generally harder to find so maybe a new spec could help people find a class they enjoy. I personally tried different tanks and only enjoyed Pally and DH to a certain degree. Yet as I totally love Shamans in general, I would certainly put more effort into learning it.

If this right here gets ever addressed, shaman will be perfect to me. Big sigh.

this got adressed a bit, with the talent tree that now is out.

I pressed a bit through it but id say this would bee my first of enhance build for DF PvP yet

Looks really nice. I like poison cleansing totem and tranquil air totem already. Gives some much needed counter utility against some pesky stuff like assa rogues. :smiley:

As dps it looks kinda overloaded on utility. I know I know it’s all optional however we all know that some sweaty raid leader is going to want their shaman to pick all the utility and that poor bugger is going to spend half their rotation droping totems instead of doing pewpewpew. However yeah, was expecting worse. Not too bad.

Blockquote
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-calc/shaman/enhancement/BQFFVFQQERSIghBKEBDUVENVWVVRFEUEFKgQCVU

I will go with something like this.
Certainly don’t want to miss out on lasso.

My variable points will be “go with the flow” and fire and ice
Could use them for posion cleanse or guardian nature or ankh 10% hp boost, hex or tremor totem. I hope we can switch talents freely in the starting room of bgs and arena

decurse might have some niche uses but not convinced to waste a point at the moment.
Interesting will be of course if stone claw totem is worth a point.
10% phys. dmg reduction with 50% uptime sounds definitely nice but only works against certainly classes and i really dislike those 30y totem rubbish always, especially if it might have 5 HP, then of course it will be totally useless
So basically it looks like we are switching so many talents around that it could be annoying.

in the enhance tree I will see whether I use primal primer, lava actuator or ice strike, that depends on which will hit harder.
windfury totem feels totally useless in pvp, especially now that doom winds is not tied to it anymore.
If windfury totem is wanted, I could switch out hailstorm, but I feel that could be a lot passive dmg to give up.

don’t forget, it is not an instant dispell all poison button. If the totem has 5 hp as usual, it might remove 1 random poison before it is destroyed. Even if it is not destroyed, the speed of poison application of rogues might make it totally useless.
It might go like that
dispell crippling
dispell crippling
dispell crippling

dead to sepsis. weeeeellllll
Would be great if it would remove all poisons once when summoned on the cast and then 1.5s 1 poison effect.

guess we will see how it plays out

yeah windfury definetly not worth it, kinda picked it cause i saw doomwinds and didnt want to go full into the lava lash spread at first.

but i dont really want to pass on hex, cap totem in my op is worse than massroot, simply cause most classes you play with have a stun anways.

fire nova is more of a nostalgic pick, but i think it does quite good dmg. Hailstrom can pull cc out randomly cause frostshock is used in ST aswell, that feels clunky.

stoneskin i think wont be good, cause totems lifetime in pvp are mostly, 1-2 seconds :smiley: Id rather put it in 10% more hp. adds synergy with Natures guardian

Also im not thinking that lasso gonna be good. your main dmg comes from WF and SS and channeling a lasso will make you get kicked on nature which can pull you in a bad position.

Decurse is obviously a pick into classes that actually have a curse :smiley:

well yes, if lasso is clunky, then we can just go with thunderstorm knockup which is definitely a great interrupt as well.

I don’t think we miss out on dmg because enhance dmg is always pretty garbanzo anyways. always need to rely on utility and getting carried by the next best op class (usually warrior)

which is mostly shamans for hexes i guess. decurse agony is sometimes fine and apparently they never use other curses anyways :confused:

depending on it’s iteration.
there where times when stone claw had more HP and even stunned targets on hit. If it is only 5 HP they might as well just delete it (pvp wise). first i saw the talent I thought it is going to be the absorb and totem protection again which would have been much better instead of 10% phys dmg red which is often worthless (but good in pve i assume)

currently enhance dmg isnt garbage^^

all the totems seem pve implementations in my pov. But since it says just 10% dmg reduction, it wont have a shield or sth. It would need to be written in the tooltip

currently locks specced into agony talent, its worth removing, but also doom before it ticks.