Elemental spec bonuses

Not everyone makes big keys (24+ and more) with huge groups of mobs … With the S2, we can’t cleave (so useless on all 2-3 mob groups). We have to rely on a weakaura to track the set bonus, we’re far less mobile than in S3. We have to use earthquakes at the risk of the tank deciding to run for some reason …

With S3, you’re free to move when you need to, you only have one gear set to have, the gameplay is clear, we don’t have to rely on the tank to not move outside of our earthquakes, it’s more fun to play, you’re effective from 1 to 6 targets (which makes up the vast majority of mob groups in dungeons). And you don’t do tank damages at all …

4 Likes

This Panda is spitting some facts.

1 Like

It doesnt matter whether we get s1, 2 or 3 set bonusses. Whether a class is good during a patch largely comes down to the tuning of the abilities that are key to the build. If we have lightning build but CL and LB are badly tuned we dont do dmg with that. If we have fire build and LvB is badly tuned, we suck too.

Just before s3, eq got nerfed into the ground so we are not the best in high keys right now.

Two other factors that matter are the availability of gear with the right stats, and the nature of the raid fights/dungeon. Those are hard to predict rn and will come down to testing and then tuning

lol , season 3 elemental is actually good in M+ and does high overall dmg , so it seems like u need to improve ur stats or rotation (which is so easy and I dont prefer that tbh) .
so for me I vote season 3 , so I can see myself again topping some metter on some raid bosses and in M+

3 Likes

Season 3 is actually fun in PVP, unlike 2.

1 Like

u r joking yea ? … season 3 is not “meh” … u can do same dmg as any other powerful classes(BM/DH/locks) in M+ and no one can beat u in 2-4 target raid bosses , also really good ST… the only downside I see in it is the rotation is so easy. what r u talking about exactly ?
tip: improve ur stats or ur rotation (spam more lava burst), the low dmg u r seeing is not the set bounce

1 Like

agreed, 1 button rotation really is enjoyable and not bland and boring at all, i love being 6-target capped with horrible ways to spread my dot : )

If anything spreading our dot has never been easier, playing totem, sop and pw.

1 Like

s2 is even more boring spamming lightning bolt. At least when you press lava burst different stuff happens, be it a proc or hitting multiple targets or going into acendance. s2 set forces you into the most non interactive basic talents ele has.

I prefere s1 as it lets you be open to playing fire build or lightning build or a mix but it seems no one wants that

1 Like

I also prefere S3 because S2 lightning playstyle is to clumpy i think, and after S2 i have to change all stats for S3 i don´t want this again, but it´s only my opinion…

1 Like

True, only downside to that is that the secondary stats differ big time between the builds. Fire build wants no crit, while lightning loves crit.

Pros and cons list from the perspective of a raid-only player

S3 pros

• simple and mobile ST rotation
  • Great cleave

Cons

• Bad scaling (our best stat can be capped at low itemlvl)
  • terrible uncapped AOE
  • The AOE raid build is really unfun and bad

S2 pros

• Good in both AOE and ST
  • You don’t have to sacrifice any talents to do AOE

Cons

• The hardest ST rotation I’ve ever raided with (too hard for my liking)
  • our generator is forced into a spender every 50 sec, which can really mess you up if you suddenly have to do a mechanic, or the target is out of range etc.
  • you can sometimes mess up your opener because the WA is 1 sec wrong on the SK proc
  • you are 100% forced to use this WA and it often bugs out mid-fight or just wrong.
  • terrible target swapping with electro shock and flame shock
  • cleave is mid

S1 Pros

I actually can’t remember a single thing this tier did better than the other 2. Maybe I’m just small brain.

Cons.

• same as s3 cons besides this has much better uncapped AOE, but only if you want to do tank ST.

I would for sure prefer the s3 tier. It’s kinda the same as s1 in Raid, just better. and I’m tired of the WA bullsh$t from s2 and the forced SK. Tbh, I wish they would just make a new tier that made us play Lightning Build without giving a free SK. It is a nightmare to optimize and track. it looked great on paper but was bad in practice

2 Likes

you mean a well balanced build that revolves around using frost,fire,nature spells in order to maximize your spells? rather play 1 button lava burst that is hard capped, struggles in more than 6 targets and is very bland? yep… sure

season 3 is the best option for pvp

1 Like

You are just horrible if you are contesting for dps with tanks this season. I am currently doing keys 22-23 and top dpsing because the build is good, you just have a skill issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

For all those of you who are crying for s2 and s1 because you say s3 is weak, get off this class and go play something else, you clearly dont know what you’re doing.

2 Likes

Its simple but maybe hard for everyone, Use chain lighting two times on pack, use earthquake, use flame shock to flame shock 2 ppl, primordial wave 3rd, magma totem for the other 3. press lava burst 3 times, top dps

1 Like

How can you say having a ton of haste, smashing buttons and giving yourself carpal tunnels is bland?

s3 > 2 (least for ele, never played other specs)

2 Likes