Elemental spec bonuses

sorry but its clear you have no idea what you are talking about, ele shaman doesn’t compete vs the meta class’s not even close to them

yes most places you will hit 200k+dps maybe BH/Everbloom you can get closer to 300k
but hunters,dh,locks,boomie,war,monk,ret do that in there sleep XD

yes this current S3 is fun but you literally just playing a RNG build atmo with ooo i proced ascendance 10 times this fight my damage is huge (but still below meta class’s) or i proced it twice and its peppaga (raids) and even in raid we have 1 fight we stand out in council

i looked into your char and it looks like you are playing it as an alt maybe at a very casual level so maybe you haven’t seen the difference in class power between ele and the other specs - maybe season 2 rotation was too difficult for you i understand it was probably one of the most anal rotations to min max on out of every spec in the game and current S3 is alot easier for you to wrap your head around - but even your description of how you play ele shaman in m+ currently is wrong " Use chain lighting two times on pack, use earthquake, use flame shock to flame shock 2 ppl, primordial wave 3rd, magma totem for the other 3. press lava burst 3 times, top dps" by the time you cast two chain lightning and done your set up pack is dead

Ele just has far more potential in all raid/m+ with the S2 set then what S3 set has its not even close if you had class trinket 10stacks you could do just as much aoe dps in season 2 then what you can currently do in season 3

seems to me that people that are voting for Season 3 lack the skill level to min max the class with season 2 set

1 Like

if blizzard didn’t cuck S2 + S3 sets before they hit live maybe we wouldn’t always be a B tier class and have potential to have been A tier

1 Like

S3 FTW, please dont S2, worst ele shaman gameplay all the time… lightning build is so sux…

1 Like

yes it’s actually crazy how they manage to do this every time. I personally think Blizzard is conducting a social experiment to so how many will stick with the class and then sell the contact information of all ele players to local insane asylums. also with the whole 1 out of like 50 specs with no raid buff

WHY OH WHY HAS NO ONE ELSE SAID IT

BLIZZARD… WE DONT WANT RECYCLED SET BONUS FROM THE SAME EXPANSION.

This is so lazy it’s not even funny what the hell?

At least give tier 2 sets of bonus, 1 for outdoor/5man content and another for Raids.

2 Likes

i agree they need to give us a raid buff already, every other class has one its not even that hard for them to do… druids getting 5 reworks while shamans never get fixed can they swap the teams around the ones controlling shamans swap with the ones controlling Druid please

1 Like

dude you the one jebaiting people thinking they can keep up with them class’s clearly you got no clue

Seriously . . . thats why it makes zero sense to do decide as a democracy.
People are just neglecting facts, and ruin the class.
Guys . . . THEY WILL TUNE the numbers.
So all the “pro” & “con” listers out there who voted based on performance BACK THEN . . . WPGG!
As for the meatball fanboiz; . . . thx for voting S3 so we can spam the same 2 buttons for not 1, but two freaking seasons . . .
As for the S2 fanboiz who already neglect the first part ( numbers tuning) , but blizz WONT TOUCH the mechanics.
So what could happen? That they downtune your numbers => you get not only bad performance results, but you eat all the negative effects coming from the mechanic itself . . . (40sec pull timer, 0,05sec timing window at pulls, 10-20% performance fluctuation based on crits, etc)
Pure and simple:
S1 = ALLOWS all type of builds to play around.

“they will tune the numbers” - well they haven’t tuned the numbers yet for ele to perform just as well as other class’s in m+/raids (yes they buffed EQ by 50% but 50% of no damage is still no damage!)

I agree S1 lets you play around with both builds

we don’t neglect any (number tuning) not once this expansion have they nurfed ele in pve because out numbers are too op (they nurfed out tier sets before hitting live twice in a row) sitting our class in the B tier bracket forever, if anything they only ever buffed our numbers in season 2 because we was lacking damage compare to other class’s

S2 yes the build was so punishing if you made one error with your malstrom before using stormkeeper or the 2set bonus and it was probably the hardest spec to min max on but it was super fun on anyfights with aoe involvement in the fight and had the greatest output potential out of all 3 seasons when it comes to any cleave fights

If you think what prevents ele shaman from competing with metas in high keys is our damage, then I can safely say that you have never played high keys and have no idea how high key works.

I also looked into your IO. With all due respect, it’s kinda comical that you haven’t even pushed to the potential limit of ele shaman yet, not in this season, not ever, and are already claiming that it’s the tier set that makes you uncompetitive. This is really not so convincing, especially when you are mocking others don’t understand ele shaman.

For me both S2 and S3 are playable in high key, but S3 tier set is definitely more universally viable, especially when taking PVP and raid into consideration. With S2 set, ele shaman can play little to zero functionality role in a group because any interruption or movement can destroy the damage. If I were a raid leader, why should I take a spec that provide no raid buff or team play, but only wants to stand there playing his lightning bolt?

1 Like

no shaman doesn’t compete with other class’s for a number of things - 1 being damage - 2 being lack of defensives - 3 other class’s bring same utility or better - 4 no group buffs

i was stating they clearly don’t understand ele shaman if that was the rotation they use for there dps to be as this was there statement “Use chain lighting two times on pack, use earthquake, use flame shock to flame shock 2 ppl, primordial wave 3rd, magma totem for the other 3. press lava burst 3 times, top dps” this isn’t how you would play ele in any key level its just not viable… from the looks of your logs even though you been doing 24+ keys your damage is still peppaga 160k-180k is still on the very very low side of what ele can do and it still doesn’t compete with other class’s - you might be pushing higher keys but your damage still sucks balls

ofc what raid leader wouldn’t take any tier set Ele regardless if they are s2 lightning build or S3 fire build its irrelevant to what spells they are casting the fact they dont get taken and are not first choice is to do with the fact they don’t bring any raid buff but yes team play sucks on the because they only have 1 defensive yes some mechanics can be soaked for example Lara in the new raid phase 3 can be soaked by ele, but season 2 rashok you wouldn’t have a ele soak with 2 stacks of bleeds because they be just dead

from the looks of your logs you are playing the class no where near its potential and thats why you would choose S3 tier set because you lack the skill to be able to use S2 to the fullest and need to play the easier variant of ele shaman

2 Likes

I’ll take season 3 over this boring playstyle of s2 without any hesitation.
Fun > Meta slave.

2 Likes

True words my friend, LB go brr.

please not metball spam its such a chore for m+ aoe only good thing about it is raiding.

Unless they implemented a system where they only dropped RF/N/HC/M tokens in what ever relevant content drops them and you take them to a vendor and have a choice of what set you wanted to use, giving everyone the opportunity to play what ever playstyle they would like

they could even have a drop down menu on the vendor with S1 S2 S3 to make it easier for people to find the set they would like to play rather then having 60 pieces to look through to find the bit of gear you wanted

how can ppl actually vote for s3? it makes no sense, poor dmg and and a monkey playstyle…

Poor damage seems quite subjective - gotta step your game up then.

I think the best solution to the debate which spec is best is Blizzard to add a vendor in PTR for all 3 seasons so everyone can try and then decide which one will best for S4.

it is a fact that s3 is not good in dmg, when ever there was a major dmg spell targetcapped, that class/spec sucked. but if you are not aware of that I d say step up your game. and btw it is not even subjective when you can easily check raiderio or raid logs… but maybe some ppl also like to play ez builds such as s3

OR, they could just uncap Liquid Magma Totem and Flame Shock, making the latter’s ticks lower its and Primordial Wave’s CD. There. AOE fixed. And I get to have the tingles every time I see a torrent of Lava Bursts headed for a group of mobs.

If I could get something else entirely, I’d rather have a bonus and build that allowed us to be Elemental Shamans, instead of Fire Shamans.