Elune Guides us (A-LFRP Guild)

arthur fairwind, a thorn… uh, whatever it is named now again, talks with you while he is in stag form, taking you up to the huge bear that also talks in bear form

Malfurion also talks while in bear form during the Darkshore scenario

4 Likes

Zen’kiki also speaks in his animal forms during the Western Plaguelands’ quests. He’s clearly very inexperienced, so power doesn’t seem to be an indicator of whether a druid can speak in form or not.

5 Likes

Hi Mallaes.

If you are looking for elf inspired guilds I will give you a good list of both guilds, events and information.

My recommendation is to join some of the public elf events to brows around. Take time to rp with many different characters and guilds. Feel around ask both ic and ooc questions. It is not hard to find a guild but its harder to find an active guild who can provide a lot of rp when not only DM events and who will not fall apart within a year.

Take your time, enjoy yourself and interact. Be PICKY 'smile.

Best of luck and hope you find something fitting for both of you.

Elune`adore.

1 Like

Absolute bogus

Okay but this isn’t an argument at all, we are role playing in World of Warcraft not in Real Life Craft or will you tell me next that Forsaken actually can’t move because their tendons and bones are impaired

Not true

Yes you can, if you role play in this game, you can take what the game provides as reference

Okay so you admit to doing head canon things that’s OK and I don’t mind that at all as long as you don’t make a general claim to absolute truth – sadly you do that : - /

2 Likes

h ttps://wow.gamepedia.com/Vicktor_Ebonfall

Here’s another. Worgen druid stuck in his seal form in a bathtub in Dalaran; gives you a whole monologue.

1 Like

Novel lore > in-game quest dev garbage

Oh my days what a take I mean yeah absolutely like that one time they wrote in the novels that Forsaken aren’t allowed to keep their original family name under Sylvanas WINDRUNNER’s rule + have to get rid off their family mementos

As Blackquill linked, the most recent novel states that Druids cannot talk in their cat forms. We don’t generally see Druids speaking in animal forms in the other novels, comics, or stories outside of gameplay - in the most recent cinematic, Terror of Darkshore, Malfurion shifts out of bear form to speak, as an example.

There’s a lot of Druids who do talk in-game; it’s possible to talk in animal forms as a player, and we have NPCs who do the same. I personally regard this as a gameplay convenience (way back, Druids couldn’t talk to questgivers in animal forms, which was removed because it was annoying) as their role is usually expository/explanatory (the Thornspeaker example others have given, Malfurion in Val’sharah), or their role is generally comedic (like Zen’kiki).

The most we seem to have other than that is a tweet from Loreology that said druids can generally not talk in animal forms, but that exceptions may or may not exist. The out-of-game sources state that Druids can’t talk in animal forms, while it’s relatively common in-game, and unless we’ve seen every exception thus far, they’re probably not true at the same time.

I personally chose to have my Druids not speak in their animal forms, as lore usually takes a backseat to gameplay and general convenience, which are what I personally chalk the in-game examples up as being. It’s up to you, though, and it’s not likely that we’ll get a concrete answer for a long while, if ever.

3 Likes

If your druid character speaking when shapeshifted serves the narrative, go ham. The Warcraft setting is loose (and bound by the ‘rule of cool’) enough that a lot of the laws of the universe shift depending on the writer and context, as we’ve clearly seen in this instance.

There’s enough lore to justify them speaking, and also enough lore to justify them not. Just stick to your preference, and try not to enforce it onto others if they’re adamant for/against it.

1 Like

(and also don’t try to serve headcanon that disregards huge parts of the game as objective fact because that’s WHACK)

It’s hot air to imply these are exclusive / diametral things, you should come to terms with the fact that Blizzard has no interest (or is not capable of ?) in a continuous lore and creates and retcons information as they see fit

Role play your druid either way but don’t go around making claims to a general truth that is in no way supported to what you encounter “every day” in the game world

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.