Elves customization options

Maybe, but let’s not get carried away. They remove a lot of things even if they make new ones. I just hope for hair colors and proper nail polish as underwear for now.

Edit: but right now they use blood elf models with the void elf hairstyles hence the 10 different faces they have with their pale skin, so probably that’s why they have golden jewelry. Hopefully they’ll change that later.

Oh there’s the option for gold is there? I’ve only seen the datamine notes so far. I thought you guys would get your own variant of the jewellery. Fingers crossed, anyways. The hair colours could always come during beta.

Those golden jewelry were the blood elf ones. I checked the videos again and I can confirm they are the blood elf jewelry. Obviously this is because the “pale skin” options are just blood elf models with void elf hairstyle on them hence why they have the blood elf underwear,nail polish, jewelry and faces. Hopefully they’ll change that later.

1 Like

I think they confirmed Here in the forums when they revealed it that they will update the underwear to the void elf one. But this is just an early preview of what it will look like.

Tbh just make them blue and be done with it ^^.

I know they said that, but still I hope they will keep their word. There a difference between saying it and doing it.

So she apologised to the Queen of the Forsaken but not the Regent Lord of the people who she committed the War Crimes against?

That doesn’t sound very repentant to me, She didn’t do anything to Sylvanas or her people.

She did. She promised she will stay with Sylvanas in the undercity but in the end she refused and decided to stay with her sons and sent only a letter to Sylvanas with her refusal. That made Sylvanas darken even more and she vowed to never let her emotions get the best of her anymore. But Vereesa wasn’t going to rule freely with her sister as she was planning to kill her and turn her into a powerful banshee to rule the forsaken together. That hurt Sylvanas deeply that’s why she apologized to her.

True. But none of that is apologising to the Sin’dorei for committing War crimes against them! She’s not sorry for that at all…, or has never been shown to be sorry, in game or in novel.

Why should she feel sorry? They literally banished her from her own homeland and allied with the orcs who murdered her entire family (only the few that remained to be murdered by the scourge). I know I wouldn’t feel sorry.

OK Cracks knuckles

Vereesa was exiled for going Mana Vegan, because Lor’themar thought that a divisive presence demanding Mana crystals when they were in short supply as opposed to just eating ‘Meat’ would be violently divisive (Turns out he was 100% right)
They allied with the Orcs -AFTER- Vereesa’s new buddies in the Alliance had attacked her people.

That would have been the point to be a good patriot “Hells with you, you’ve attacked my nation, I’m going home”
She didn’t. She stayed with the political body that had just seen her nation state bloodied and battered, clinging to life, and decided the thing to do was to stamp on them and kick them in the ribs to hurry along their death.

Thats the High Elf racial reality, they betrayed their Nation, in favour of the Alliance.

Umm, wat?

Alleria is still alive, Sylvanas was killed by the Scourge, led by a Prince of her new buddies, and Vereesa herself is still alive.
Lirath did die at the hands of Orcs, that is true.

We know she lost Aunts and Cousins at the same time. Big Whoop, so did everyone else in Quel’thalas. Didn’t turn them into Traitors though.

To be honest, the Windrunners are just not mentally stable enough to have ever been allowed near political power, all three of them alive are nuts.

However, lets fast forward.

The Sunreavers of Dalaran were not part of the decision making process, they just stayed loyal to their nation.

Jaina (and this is brilliant, everyone overlooks this) stages a Coup d’etat and illegally takes over the City-State of Dalaran as its sole ruler, without consulting the Council of Six, and illegally imprisoning one of its members with no actual proof of his guilt. (Turns out he was innocent, he only found out -after- it happened, he had no hand in it). Kills a couple of guards, and then turns to Vereesa…

Quick snapshot as to what a sane leader would have done:
“Vereesa, I know this is tempting, but I have a whole Police Force to deal with situations like this, I’m going to send them in to make arrests, can you control your Silver Covenant and keep them away?”

However what actually happened was…
“Vereesa, I know your people have a pathological hatred of the Sin’dorei, and no legal powers of arrest in this city, and despite having a police force to handle this, I want to send you and your Silver Covenant in to make peaceful arrests, because that will work out brilliantly”.

To absolutely No one’s surprise ever, this request resulted in a mass torture and murder spree of unarmed civilians.

Who could have imagined.

So basically Jaina has sent one Sectarian order, to ‘arrest’ another Sectarian order, without any legal power to actually make arrests…

Soooo…

We see the brilliant torture of Sunreavers, by a Silver Covenant Mage force-choking them whilst dangling them over a shark (Whats next, tying people to train tracks) We see Silver Covenant killing Dragonhawks (They’re your racial mount as well you stupid idiots!), we see Vereesa going to the alliance player “This guy is trying to draw his own money out of the bank and escape the bloodshed, go and kill him”. “This person is innocent, but is refusing to leave her home, kick the doors in and kill her”

Now lets just take a moment of reflection here.

Vereesa, only set up the Silver Covenant, as a response to the Sunreaver presence. The Sunreavers have always been there, because they are some of the people who helped build the damned city!

So really, Sunreavers going “Err, No thanks” when asked by someone with no arrest warrant, no powers, and who has only turned up in the last ten years understandably gets on their nerves.

The carnage ensues, We see unarmed Sunreaver civilians just cowering as Silver Covenant troops start stabbing them to death. Jaina actually joins in, she also turns a blind eye to this.

All in all, 100% of the Sunreaver civilians killed by Vereesa’s actions, were innocent of any wrong doing.

She flat out murdered, or ordered the murders of, a lot of people who were 100% innocent, and not even aware a crime had been committed.

By both Azeroths standards, and our Own worlds Standards, Vereesa Windrunner is a grotesque War Criminal, and should stand trial.

2 Likes

The Sunreavers betrayed the Kirin Tor and their neutrality for Garrosh. Vereesa was following orders given to her by the leader of Dalaran aka Jaina, not too mention how she lost her husband to the Horde (also the Sunreavers helped with bombing Theramore, doesn’t matter if it was only one, all the Sunreavers knew about it and so did Aethas) And the only betrayers are the blood elves for exiling their own people out of their own homeland just because they refused to suck the life essence out of living beings…not even Azshara would have done that and everyone says how a terrible person she is (at least she tried to save her people after how she saw she was the reason they were dying)

All is forgiven.

Not sure how defending Azshara strengthens your case.

I expect my Void Elf to recieve updates after 8.0 alongside other ARs.

Personally I would like to see natural hair colors to fit their new belf skin options, but I hope the “High Elf” route is not where Blizzard is going with Void Elves. I am more of a :octopus:VOID:octopus: fan and I hope they add more “corrupted” skin and hair colors such as Pink, white, black (already in database). Maybe some old godish eyes like from that concept art someone made.

1 Like

They will. These options were added so that players could play as High Elves to an extent. They even said that the closest were always blood elves but now they wanted to give both factions the option to play as High Elves and bring the elves back to their roots.

Azshara literally sold her dying people to N’zoth because she was a megalomaniac. Lor’themar exiled the High Elves because Quel’Thalas was on the verge of a civil war, one that it couldn’t afford when the race was on the verge of extinction. There is an enormous difference there. If the Blood Elves were worse than Azshara, the High Elves would be dead.

High Elves and Blood Elves is not good vs evil. That is not their narrative. The things High Elves have done are not justified just because they’re on team blue or they were ‘following orders’, just as there are things Blood Elves have contributed to which were not justified. It’s always better to look at the narrative as a whole and not just from one point of view, because that’s how fictional stories are intended to be seen.

Anyways, this is rather off-topic. I hope for nice voidy customisations for VE fans and some good options for HE fans, too. Ngl, the pink/purple VE eyes with the normal skin tones looks amazing.

u forgot to add belly Jewelry. maybee face penetrations like rings in eye browns or nose rings maybee even belly rings ?

I think like everyone else you fail to see Azshara as nothing but a villain. She didn’t sold her people to N’zoth. She clearly was saying either you save me and my people and make me queen not a slave or you can let me and my people die. If you do the quests in Nazjatar you will come up on a part where you’ll find out that the Naga wanted to transform the ruins into Naga architecture and have the ghosts there join them or eliminate them but Azshara herself ordered her Naga to leave the ruins of Zin-Azshari alone along with its ghosts and not lay a single finger on them but to let be in peace. She clearly has a soft side for the people she lost.

Try telling that to the night elves who died at the start of the WoTA and Azshara simply looked on and laughed.

That was retconned with warbringers which made Azshara a character rather than just a cold hearted b***h