Empry text mesafgeee

Check the schedule I posted every 3 days! It’s all there. The speech / sermon is just a tad late due to RL issues.

1 Like

Thank you all for attending tonight! We hope to see you tomorrow!

Saturday - Day 2 - 2020-08-29T19:00:00Z

:bow_and_arrow:Archery competition
The Sacred Hunt” for everyone!
We will be using Draenei bows! Finalists receive a real price!

Event hosted by Vy’luun, Peraamos and Kheevani

Group Stage
Malkaar Amélie Aganaki
Yraclea Cadwell Polemus
Arthur Elogos

Finalists
Yraclea Cadwell Elogos

:trophy: CHAMPIONS :trophy:

1.) Eye of Zangar 2.) Stalker of Terokkar 3.) Tamer of Nagrand
Yraclea Elogos Cadwell

Trophies: ancient Draenei bows and the honor to carry their titles of their respective regions.

2 Likes

Sunday - Day 3 - 2020-08-30T17:00:00Z

• :sparkles: Opening sermon by a Draenei Anchorite and a Lightforged Priest

• :martial_arts_uniform: Jed’hin Showmatch at about 19:10 server time - Hartuum vs. Polemus

• :dragon: Menagerie of Draenor at 20:00 server time with hosts Kheevani and Peraamos

• :elephant: Elekk race about 21:00 server time
    (MEETUP begins at 20:45 server time)
    Alliance members bracket + Draenei bracket --> finalists of both races do a final race - hosted by Vy’luun, Peraamos and Kheevani

Conclusion day 3: About 22:45 server time :grapes: :bread: :wine_glass: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :cheese: :stew:
Banquet with a closing speech and a gathering of all participants.

1 Like

Thank you for attending our wonderful Day 2 of our festivities! Many different Alliance visitors came to the Azuremyst Isle tonight to enjoy the Festival of Light. Hopefully they have learnt much about the Draeneic culture and bring home many wonderful gifts!

Here are some of today’s impressions compiled in an Imgur album:

https://imgur.com/gallery/V9WeaRx

Here are some of my favourite screenshots from today:

https://i.imgur.com/4aWfQPC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JO8s7ZZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mCDJG1a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IaQptJs.png
https://i.imgur.com/9A8QSZT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/qfdMngR.jpg

See you all tomorrow on Day 3, our last day! Jed’hin, a zoo and elekk racing await you tomorrow!

1 Like

3 Likes

Sunday - Day 3 - 2020-08-30T17:00:00Z

:world_map:LOCATION:

:crystal_ball: OUTSIDE OF THE EXODAR :crystal_ball:

• :sparkles: Opening ceremony by a Draenei Anchorite and a Lightforged Priest

• :martial_arts_uniform: Jed’hin Showmatch at about 19:10 server time - Hartuum vs. Polemus

• :dragon: Menagerie of Draenor at 20:00 server time with hosts Kheevani and Peraamos

• :elephant: Elekk race about 21:00 server time
    (MEETUP begins at 20:45 server time)
    Alliance members bracket + Draenei bracket --> finalists of both races do a final race - hosted by Vy’luun, Peraamos and Kheevani

Conclusion day 3: About 22:30 server time :grapes: :bread: :wine_glass: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :cheese: :stew:
Banquet with a closing speech and a gathering of all participants.

2 Likes

Reminder that the festivities begin at 7 o’clock (server time) OUTSIDE OF THE EXODAR tonight!

Enjoy our last day, starting with a traditional Jed’hin match, followed by an open zoo - the Menagerie of Draenor and the Kessel Run, an infamously known Elekk Race!

Be seeing you!

1 Like

Sunday - Day 3 - 2020-08-30T19:00:00Z

:elephant:Elekk race:elephant:

Event hosted by Vy’luun, Peraamos and Kheevani

:warning: MEETUP begins at 20:45 server time

Alliance Group Draenei Group
Aganaki Malakaar
Lorixa Arcaraan
Lurizz Polemus
Elogos
Ballad

Finalists
Lurizz Aganaki
Arcaraan Malakaar

:trophy: CHAMPIONS :trophy:

1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place
Arcaraan Aganaki Malakaar

Honorable mention: Lurizz

Prizes range from very expensive clothing for the ladies, to an ancient magical crystalline blade and shield, to books on Draenei language learning and alchemy, as well as a crystal mana focus for spellweavers. (Prize Pool: 50.000g)

We hope to see you there!
Vy’luun

1 Like

The festival was really fun. I had a blast, even as a gnome!

3 Likes

As all comes to an end and I am too tired to thank all who I wish to thank for the last three nights and the many weeks of planning earlier, I will simply leave this song and return tomorrow at full strength.

3 Likes

Was a great 3 days, food was eaten, sermons were spoken, celebrations were had, Eleks were raced, Gnomes were nearly stepped on, an Orc was beaten, overall a grand time and would certainly attend the next.

A big thank you to all those that attended, hosted various shops and mini-events, and of course to the organisers.

3 Likes

This may be a long list, but I wanted to thank everyone who was very actively involved during the festival.

The Event Hosts

• Kha’raas - you aided me when I thought it all became too much or too little, you helped create this event and you stepped up when I needed a break. Thank you for being there. Thank you, for making all this possible!

• Peraamos and Kheevani
This one is to you for there is more than ever will meet the eye

[Narrator]: I wonder if people will ever say, ‘Let’s hear about Vy’luun and the Festival.’ And they’ll say ‘Yes, that’s one of my favorite stories. Vy’luun was really amazing, wasn’t she, Dad?’ ‘Yes, my daughter, the most famousest of draenei. And that’s saying a lot.’

[Vy’luun]: 'You’ve left out two of the main characters - Pera and Khee. I want to hear more about them … for Vy’luun wouldn’t have got far without Pera and Khee. Pera the Mathematician and Khee the Beast Tamer.

[Narrator]: Now Mrs. Vyvy, you shouldn’t make fun; I was being serious.

[Vy’luun]: So was I.

• Polemus & Phaidros - thank you for your efforts regarding the sermons and history lessons, as well as Hartuum who fought bravely in the Jed’hin together with Polemus. Thank you for bringing to life a history many may have forgotten.

The Merchants and Workshop Leaders:

You allowed for this festival to come alive with a full focus on Draenei cultural goods and ideas. Without you, there would have been no heart.

• S’thaliel and Raven’s Riches, we will meet again! <3
  • Tatelia who knows far too much about gems, really!
  • Tamirna (and her two friends helping out)
  • Secana who made sure that potions were always at the ready!
  • Lyuuni who sold tiny memorabilia, wish I had the chance to buy one!
  • Andos who had us covered with drink & food!
  • Gora who spoke to us of the Naaru and the Light!
  • Talagar who really should work on his accent- I mean, he is a great Artificer and proved that!
  • Torahuurn who taught the people of Draenei Technology together with Talagar!
  • Samaramon who offered her service as a crystalsmith and helped as an event judge!
  • Ismaa (who helped organize OOC! Thank you for your input!)

The Peacekeepers:

You aided not only as guards, but you also helped people who were lost, guided them from one area to another and made sure that latecomers would not be left behind. Without you, there would only be chaos.

• Daelindri - who also helped me OOC with a lot of structuring, I am glad to have you!
  • Ballad - who was active here and there and everywhere
  • Tama’ari - who aided not only as guard but also as event judge
  • Hartuum - who made sure that noone would cause any disturbance
  • Zalkaar - who was always early, always ready to aid people
  • Yneer - who also made the flyer/banner for the event!
  • Torenaar - who was a tower in a sea of tiny people, protector of the people

Special thanks to: Kump for always uploading our pictures onto the forum!

And last, but not least: thank you to all those who attended. You allowed us to portray a race that is often portrayed poorly or not portrayed at all. You traveled far and invested time into our events to learn, listen or simply attend to show that you were interested in what we had to offer. Without you guests, we could have not shown what we wished for our characters to express.

It has been a lot of work, but to me it was worth it. :orange_heart:

And to stay a tiny bit IC …

In the Light, we have become one.

Until we meet again. I am Vy’luun. That is all.

10 Likes

A wonderful event and a even greater initiative!
I look forward to work on a similar event for all to enjoy ^^ (However this time I’ll hopefully actually join aswell)

2 Likes

I have to thank YOU for making this idea finally a reality! :star_struck: Thanks to you, the community came together to not only create monthly gatherings but for the first time ever, the Draenei community created a server-wide event TOGETHER!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you all so much! I will compile the screenshots of Day 3 soon, the last few days were keeping me busy and I just needed a break from organising stuff.

Walk always in the Light. :low_brightness:

1 Like
1 Like

Well, I’ve had some time to gather my thoughts and impressions of this event.

I’d like to start off by saying I used to be an officer (one of 3 leaders) of a very large Draenei guild few years ago. Some personal events happened and sadly, I had to step down and completely stopped roleplaying for more than 3 years.

Finding the Draenei discord community and attending the Festival of Light really brought it all back for me. I’m a BIG Draenei fanatic (complete with room decor IRL) and attending this truly felt like an honor. I’d like to thank the organizers for not only the best event I’ve attended in literal years, but for also letting me be a small part of it and letting me help out. It really helped me break the barrier I’ve built for myself in regards to roleplay and I feel ready and happy to do it again.

I took plenty of screenshots, something I love doing, and would love to post them all here, but can’t. Luckily, some amazing people up above took some of mine from the discord server and posted them! The pics don’t even begin to capture how atmospheric it all felt, and how much thought and effort was put into everything. I also really loved meeting so many new faces and learning about their lives.

It really was wonderful to experience and I can’t thank you all enough.

(tldr: was good ty)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.