Empty friends list

tuning in with the same problem here!

3 Likes

same problem :frowning:

3 Likes

Same here. If i click on social in the battlenet app i can see my chat history with friends. If i try to chat: ! There is an error delivering your message to username. (7000)

Hope this will help you Blizzard.

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue. My friends can whisper me but I can’t see their names and I can’t whisper them back.

4 Likes

I’ve found i can talk to them on the social part, but ingame i cannot, i have to whisper their respective characters instead of using bnet.

3 Likes

Same issue here. 0/0 Friends and I’ve exited and restarted Battle Launcher & WoW multiple times?

3 Likes

Imagine if Blizz say “Sorry guys, we’ve fixed it but you’ll have to try re-adding all of your friends to Real ID/BTag.” lol I’ve gathered mine from the moment they added BTag in the game, so RIP all of my friends if that was the case. :scream:

1 Like

Same issue for me

1 Like

I might have found a solution for this, atleast my friends list is now up and running:

1. Log off from desktop app
  2. Change region to Asia (or America, China i guess those might work too, I changed to Asia)
  3. Log in to that other region, then log off
  4. Log back in to Europe region

That’s how I got my friends back. Inspecting my friends HS match as I write this.

15 Likes

It is fixed! Maybe Windows Update did the trick.

1 Like

Yup fixed did the same as what Jusae did, it does work, can confirm!

1 Like

IT WORKED, Thank you @Jusae

2 Likes

Worked for me also!

1 Like

I took the longer road, uninstalled and installed and that worked too. Thanks guys. Glad it works again :smile:

Just installed WoW yesterday. I have the same issue. My friend list is empty. I’ve tried to delete cache folders for both the game and the Desktop App. Tried to change region from EU to Asia and back. Tried to install the latest Win10 Upadate. Still nothing changed. Installed the game to my notebook too. Same issue there. Tried with a friend’s account and same problem both on PC and notebook. Tried to reset Battlnet Acc password. Did not help
 Any more ideas? I really want to play with my friends
 not alone. TY It seems it works fine on WoW2 (EU) but it is empty on WoW1 (EU)

1 Like

Same issue here, my friends list has been empty for ages, I cant see who is online or not.

Nothing seems to fix the issue.

1 Like

march 2022, team still looking into it since Aug '19

5 Likes

March 2022 here too. Had this issue twice now, last time i had to open a ticket for support. And they fixed it. -_-

1 Like

same here empty friendlist third day and lags + broken UI while in Zereth Mortis. need /reload 5x in hour :frowning:

1 Like

Same here,
I have 2 accounts with wow - 1st one i can see it, 2nd i cant

1 Like