Empty friends list

Update, now 2nd account has friend list and 1st hasnt

1 Like

I appear to have the same problem. Happened to me a few days ago, magically disappeared but now it appears to be back again. Even when my friends whisper me it says “Item 15” (from my memory) as the new whisper tab name, the whispers themselves have no name and I cant even /r to them. Not sure how to get rid of it …

1 Like

Just relogged and it came back after doing nothing other than installing another addon. Very confusing. Will post here if it happens again.

1 Like

Has been happening for months, happened again just now.

1 Like

It’s not an addon, because it happens to me even without addons.

It happens at random and I have no idea why it happens and I don’t know what the status is at Blizz. They’ve given some fixes, but nothing seems to work for most people form what I understand.

I see you guys as lucky, because in order for me to get it to work, I actually have to restart my Battlenet launcher, which makes it quite frustrating.

1 Like

Same problem here. It’s completely random. Sometimes it helps to exit and restart game, but today it just won’t work

1 Like

Same issue again here, been happening for a month, no new addons added.
Sometimes turning off the game and launching it helps, sometimes it does’nt.
Tried turning off a load of addons, still doesnt help.
Friends of mine has had the same thing happen to them aswell.

1 Like

Still happening to me. The issue went away for a few days and is now back.

1 Like

same here empty friend list

1 Like

Same here, I had 2 accounts running both fine. Took a break for a few month (sept 2021) and now i reactivated 1 account and the friends list ingame is empty…

in the battlenet client i can see and write to my friends without an issue but not ingame.

1 Like

same issues.

1 Like

its not just my friend’s list, battlenet doesn’t seem to want to connect. are you having another dos attack ?

1 Like

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me either

1 Like

We have seen some cases where this would occur if the cached data for battle.net has become rather badly outdated or even corrupted (typically thanks to some overly zealous security program quarantining or altering the data). Mind giving these steps a try, just to see if that makes any difference?

4 Likes

It appears to have worked, I’ll make sure to update if there’s any change. Thank you!

1 Like

This issue randomly happens to me, usually Wow restart fixes it but not always. It happens to my friends as well.

1 Like

So far the fix have worked for me too!

1 Like

Happened to me yesterday and had to change region ( not an ideal fix)
this fixed it but today same issue.

1 Like

followed these steps and when logging in today problem returned.

1 Like

This is a one time fix that need to be repeated every time this bug happens.

1 Like