Empty friends list

Happening to me too. Cleared cache, relaunched everything, no change.

1 Like

+1. same problem

1 Like

Yeah, I wanna point out that even though I said it worked with the fix that the Customer Support gave (Thank you, Veadsarias)! It just happened again and Iā€™m looking at a empty friends list.

1 Like

Can you finally fix it? This is a joke, it happens me every 2nd day. Sometimes restart helps sometimes not. And no, this is not a corrupted data on my client side.

1 Like

We are still looking into this but we donā€™t have any updates as for an ETA. Hopefully, our developers are able to narrow down the cause and have a fix soon.

None the less, thank you for your patience as the work continues.

Still looking into it ? Are you kidding for real first message has been posted in 2019 cā€™monā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s a COVID precaution. Too many friends on the list might infect each other.

1 Like

Happened again today and not due to outdated cache as install on a brand new system form 3 days ago.

1 Like

happening for me as well

1 Like

Happens to me, and deleting the cache (which seems to be the goto response) doesnā€™t change it. Its kinda worrying that this has been broken no doubt from something done client side (Bnet update etc) and yet no sign of a solution.

I have had this issue on and off for a few weeks now. The ingame friendlist will just show 0 online and not list any friends any more. My workaround is using the launcher friendlist for chatting. because ingame you cannot see who whispered you. It doesnā€™t solve that you cannot invite friends to a party, but it is something.
As far as what triggers this - I can only imagine it being a server issue. Iā€™ve reinstalled a fresh system, fresh wow download, fresh addon downloads and it is still there sometimes.
Sometimes it fixes itself while I am online, reloging does not solve it. neither does restarting the game or reconnecting with the client altogether.

Are you all using ELVUI? It has been a bug for User with that addon for awhile. Often just restarting the game fixes the issue of blank friends list.

Found also some info on addons that wont work with ELVUI and maybe any of them might be causing the problems.

Part 6: Incompatible Addons

Some addons cant be used with ElvUI or require you to disable the specific ElvUI module first.
For more information please check the next two steps.

6.1 Can be used with disabled ElvUI module

The following addons/plugins can be used, but you have to disable the specific ElvUI module first, before you enable them:

ā€¢ Prat (disable Chat module)
ā€¢ Glass (disable Chat module)
ā€¢ Chatter (disable Chat module)
ā€¢ TidyPlates (disable NamePlates module)
ā€¢ Aloft (disable NamePlates module)
ā€¢ Healers-Have-To-Die (disable NamePlates module)
ā€¢ Plater (disable NamePlates module)
ā€¢ Bartender4 (disable ActionBars module)
ā€¢ Dominos (disable ActionBars module)

6.2 Canā€™t be used at all or are integrated

The following addons/plugins are integrated to ElvUI and you should delete them:

ā€¢ ElvUI_VisualAuraTimers
ā€¢ ElvUI_ExtraActionBars
ā€¢ ElvUI_CastBarOverlay
ā€¢ ElvUI_EverySecondCounts
ā€¢ ElvUI_AuraBarsMovers
ā€¢ ElvUI_CustomTweaks

Possible workaround that som players done to get their list to work is.

Try to log in multiple times:

According to some players, trying to relog a couple of times solved the friendsā€™ list problem for them in World of Warcraft. So, you should give it a try as well. Relog a few times and check if this resolves your issue.

Change region:

Log out of your desktop app and change your region to a different one. Login while being in that region. Now log out again and change your region back to the original one. This time when you login, you should be able to see your friends list. This is another method put forth by a player.

Have a nice day all.

Iā€™m not using ElvUI or anything. Iā€™ve tried turning off my addons for a bit to see if that changed anything, but it still happens.

Matter of fact it actually just happened and I had to restart my entire client 2 times.

Just turning a addon off doesnt mean it can affect your game or the problems you have with the friends list. Your addons might have altered settings that will not revert by just turning the addons off. So it is possible that the issues persist anyway.

Hello! I decided not to answer right away because I knew I had a new PC coming and I just forgot until now, Iā€™m so sorry!

With this new PC I had a clean installation of World of Warcraft and it just happened to me again. I canā€™t for the life of me figure out what else it could be.

Just came back to the game from being away for months. I now today have this issue and I had it before my break, the team is looking into it? are you joking? how is this still an issue after several months?! We pay MONTHLY for this game

1 Like

this empty friends list thing happens rather often lately, it does fix itself with a relog and clearing of cacheā€¦ but it will happen again and right now due to the new expansion and the insane world lag, just relax, give it a day or two :slight_smile:

I agree, this is a joke! This has nothing to do with world lag or anything - as it is in wotlk classic too. And Iā€™ve had this problem for months.

1 Like

Having the same issue. Sometimes my friendslist is populated with the people that should be there, and other times it is completely empty. Pretty random stuff, as it seems to be up to a coin toss what is presented to the user at any given time.

Same Problem here too, one day it works, the next is does not, really annoying!!!
And that they canĀ“t figure out why its happening or at least give an update isā€¦ well i dont have words. I too work in a software company, if we dont fix bugs in a few days or at least a week, we are screwed. This is not acceptible!