Enhance Your Burning Crusade Classic Experience with the Dark Portal Pass and Deluxe Edition

They had already received that money, 12 years ago, it’s long gone. They still invest money, time and resources into it now.

What a silly point.

No, it is not. It has nothing to do with retail content.

11 Likes

40e boost, 70e deluxe edition, 35e character copy, anyone still wondering why player amount is down, but revenue up? Wonder how will resident ingame store defenders react now.

9 Likes

A fraction of the work required they used when they made the game in the first place.

8 Likes

Who said anything about retail? But yes, it does come with a mount.
My point was it’s not a $69.99 mount, it’s $69.99 for a whole bundle of of stuff that is optional and tied to a game launch.

Because the price of the subscription hasn’t changed to accommodate TBC. It’s included with the sub that you’re paying for anyway.
Quit playing dumb, TBC is free for all active players.

If you pay purely for TBC then you could say it’s 13 euros a month, you do not fit that category. for you TBC is literally free. In fact there is literally no active sub that is paying for TBC only as it’s not out.

1 Like

Then that’s probably why the game is free.
So what’s the issue? A company wants to get money for their work?

Wow I am absolutely blown away I can not believe it.

1 Like

This is the way I’m looking at the pricing of the Deluxe edition:

Shadowlands Standard = £35
Shadowlands Heroic (Came with Mount and a Character Boost) = £50
Shadowlands Epic (Came with Mount, Pet, Illusion, Character Boost & Game Time) = £69.99

TBC Classic (which I already paid for 12 years ago), itself does not cost anything. You only need a WoW Subscription.

Therefore, why are we likely to be charged the same price for the Deluxe Edition as we would do the Epic edition of Shadowlands ($69 in the US according to Puny’s post), when we are not actually paying for the game itself? Surely it should come as £35 cheaper?

It’s like that Celebration Collection they released. Where they expected you to pay £35 for a mount, and then they give you a load of rubbish you can’t use because you only play One Blizzard game!

I had been thinking about this for a while, and I was really considering buying the Deluxe edition if it were priced reasonably. But it looks like it’s going to be priced at TWICE what I was going to be willing to pay.

BLIZZ this is digital products! You’ve made them! They’re not going to cost you anymore money to produce. Why not try and get as many sales as possible and put a reasonable price tag on them.

4 Likes

Blizzard sure does love people like you. Keep defending the obvious cash grab though.

5 Likes

bzzzzzzzzzzt

3 Likes

I’m blown away that someone is defending this (though not surprised) . Even for Blizzard this is a new low. It would make EA blush.

7 Likes

I meant the game in the box by itself. A Wow Subscription is just a given.

Nothing can make EA blush, but yeah it’s a ridiculous move.

Yeye whatever. Keep on defending this obvious cash grab. Even if its obvious a company wants to earn money this is just giga low

2 Likes

Adults are talking, nobody asked for input from the annoying cheerleaders on the side lines.

Defending a company having an optional micro-transaction on a game they’ve worked on for free?
It’s for free.

You have absolutely no right to complain about a free product.

You can say “wow that’s a high price” or “I won’t be paying for it”, but people aren’t just saying that and leaving it there.

Can I just download TBC classic and play it with only a sub, like Classic?

Bobby got the last laugh

2 Likes

Cash grab

Free game

I’m sorry I just really don’t compute the issue here.

A cash grab would be putting the boost at $69.99 maybe.

Yes. It’s included with the sub, you don’t have to pay a single penny more than you are right now.

Yeah yeah. Very poor choice of words.

So what about people that have zero interest in retail… how is it free for them?

Just because they word it as “classic is free with retail” doesn’t really make it free for all.

7 Likes

You’d fit right in at Blizzard with your arrogance. Keep on defending this pure greed though.

14 Likes