Enhancement shaman went extinct

There is difference between “good” and good

I play enha since vanilla and I would never swap him, I have several other classes (warr, dh, pala, monk, warlock) and they feel absolutely boring and lame to play, even though I dont like how enha is played now, I will still pick him over any other class.

But when I finish leveling any other class and it is immediatelly doing same dps or higher than my enha, well that simply isnt good.

Worst for me is when I play class and it feels so similar to enha, every ability just better version of enha. Its insult when warrior, damned warrior, poster boy of tank heal dmg DnD group, can outheal full frontal facemelting, while enha got nuke to heals, mana regen while never having same utility …

So yeah, enha is good, if you like it, it can roll without problem, I am doing 10+ every week as enha and its not that bad, I think if PvP wasnt so boring (on BFA), I might even go for that 2,2K …

But if you want to compare it to some other class, thats completely different story …

I had to go back to shaman because I can’t stand all the other classes. They are all either plain or boring. I would like to see shaman with 4th spec like druid has. Tank of course! What I can’t bear is that shaman doesn’t have tanking spec. It could be super super interesting. Could be named geomancer or something like that.

If we had tank spec Id probably never play any other class, probably the only reason I swap classes is because I want to tank something.

I’m new to shaman however as a big fan of melee I had to play enhance. I’m loving it so far (mainly due to animations) but man do I feel squishy.

I think enhancement out of all the specs I’ve played in game needs a serious rework. If all stars align and i get lucky with rng then I can delete people however if I get focused there is literally nothing that can save me.

A few things I’d change are:

I’d like to see lightning and earth shield be baseline for enhance.

I’d consider removing both the stun totem and give an instant stun (could, bake it into earthen spike and make baseline).

I’d remove slow totem and have frostbrand buffed to last longer and to jump to nearby targets.

Counterstrike totem should be baseline.

Basically if we are not going to be given better survivability then they could at least make us damaging to hit so people think twice about tunneling us.

I’m still going to continue to play and cap this guy but I do hope blizzard have some changes in the works in the background.

I generally only do M+ with guildies, people I know or with friends of people I know. Only really do it for a quick and easy run for the weekly chest, so normally people are 400+. All long term enhance players are only complaining about unique utility and survivability. Our damage can get us into groups, but why take our damage when you can take a DH or rogue who does more and has more CC?

I target call as enhance if I damage rather than heal and I still find it fun, obviously we aren’t tier 1 because we are squishy as hell… But the damage we can put out is nice, ranged kick used on CD, Sundering for extra Interupt on the kill target… We bring some nice kit to a fight but DH / UH bring most of it as well.
I don’t really ever arena as I don’t find it fun, just agitates me that you can play perfectly against people who mess up but win because of their comp.

1 thing I found killed Enhancement as well… The newest ‘‘BiS’’ talent build, it slowed the game play down a ton and made it boring as hell! And people seem to think if you don’t like the BiS talent build game play then you can’t play.

Lightning shield / Forceful Winds only does slightly less dps, makes the gameplay fast paced, more procs and just overall more like Enhancement should be!

Be all and end all is, if you don’t put the effort into learning Enhancement you’ll always be low tier in groups. Learn the spec properly, take the time to gear up and you’ll be competitive enough to do most content.

If you’re pushing for Rank 1s or World Firsts then yeah probably stop playing Enhancement

the only thing that really annoys me in m+ is the facing requirement of our aoe… Just make crash lightning an 360° aoe not just a cone… Sundering can stay because it makes sense but crash lightning should hit all enemies, not only those in frontal cone… would make aoe in m+ much more enjoyable and I don’t understand why this is still ingame…

Earth shield should be baseline for all shaman spec to give us unique utility in group and buff healing twice. Then tanks would get extra survavibility. Lightning shield also should be baseline. It would tweak our damage (if just a bit of it).

They could change capacitor totem into new spell: Lightning Blast. Shaman calls forth a blast of lightning from the sky stunning all enemies in the area of impact. Could have the same range and AoE as capacitor totem but be instant. It’s another great utility: Instant ranged AoE stun (devs would be making up to us with this for years of capacitor totem horrible design).

Earthen Spike could do 0,5 second knock up interrupting any spell cast but without the silence effect.

Slow totem is fine beacuse frostbrand has short range and you need to be in melee range to keep using it. Otherwise you need to spend 20 maelstrom to have it short-ranged. But frostbrand should be completely free so we don’t have to struggle with using Hailstorm talent.

Counterstrike would be too OP in dungeons so I think it should remain purely PvP.

Survivability really suck. We are oneshot when Astral Shift is on cooldown. Should have one minute cooldown and give us immunity to any form of incoming crowd control since we are partially in a different plane (but we would still couldn’t get out of already existing cc. Also should be usable while stunned, polymorphed etc.).

Tremor totem shouldn’t be on global cooldown and be usable while feared like warrior’s berserker rage is.

You just said that enhancement isn’t as good as any other damage class.

Please show me where I said ANY OTHER DAMAGE CLASS?

Tremor used to be usable while in Fear, however I actually prefer it now because it’s more satisfying when you pre-cast a howl of terror or warrior fear… Use-able in fear makes the skill level for it 0.

Earthen Spike would then need to be on the same talent row as Sundering as having Sundering and Earthen Spike both with an interupt/cc would be OP for pvp.

Taking away cap totem for an instant CC… As nice it would be, losing more totems means losing more of the shamans only uniqueness… Maybe reduce the Cap totem cast timer to 0.5. Then we keep the totem and a less dodgeable CC.

Because you cant kill world bosses with pvp talents …

What you said is that enhancement isn’t as good as any other dps spec, so it can’t do any of world firsts.

I said it once already. Ele is superior to Enh in every content. In M+ - no comparision - primal elementalist Earth Elemental is broken on reaping and Ele’s aoe burst in proper spec is insane. Arenas - you offer great burst but easily counterable - purge shamanism. Our sustain sucks and is proc based. Rbg - not really - it’s squishy and doesn’t offer as much cleave as Unholy DK or Havoc. Warrior offers Sharpen Blade to kill healers. In raids it’s not that bad and it scales quite well (it’s not a top dps for sure) but you need gear that you aren’t very likely to get as people don’t want you in Mythic + groups. Enhancement needs some niche that it can be good at otherwise it won’t be played at all.

1 Like

Hope they will do some really good changes for my beloved sham.

Dps is not so bad but still can be a lot better. The thing is On “nuke” phase i can reach even 42k dps for some time but sustained dps is far too low for this spec. Should be 10k more at least.
I hate bli$$ard for what they do to enh shamans. Truly.

2 Likes

Well…I’ve kinda given up on enhancement shaman and wow in general(enha is my one and only character I liked to play)…
I Used to be able to play in previews expansions and for the most part all was ok did raid up till end game content a bit of pvp but not much since it was not my cup of tea, now with this expansion…all went to hell…
I can’t pvp to save my life because no matter what I do most other classes can mitigate it or disengage and return healed (or just run away) before I get the chance to reach them etc…and my guild has kicked me from the raids because enhancement brings nothing to the table and the dps output is the lowest there is…so yeah bfa sucks for me…and guess what I can’t make an alt because it will not be viable even if I get god level gear it is useless because my heart of azeroth level is too low(honestly who saw this mechanic and throught that it would be good?) and I don’t have the courage or time to learn a new class and level it to boot.
Anyway long story short I find myself logging in less and less,heck my subscription had ended for a week and I had not noticed last month…I think it is time for me to just up and leave. The game is just not fun (for me) any more, it feels more like a chore to log in daily just to get the azerite power or else I get left behind, I used to do it just for my enha…but now I think I’ll choose to stay behind and turn my back to the game.
I’ll wait till 8.2 and see…though I can guess what it will be, changes happen and no matter what the outcome my AP is now too low to compete even if enha has been made into a god dps…anyway have a good one people, I hope you at least get what you want out of the game, cause I know I did not.

It saddens me greatly to see how badly enhancement is doing here… I was really looking forward to making a Zanda Enh shaman my main.

2 Likes

I’ll repeat my self again, where did I say they aren’t as good as ANY DPS spec? Enhance is hard to push world firsts with because they aren’t tier 1 so hardly anyone wants them. This doesn’t mean they are worse than every other dps spec does it?

Sure, Death Knight healing is a little bit out of control, especially Frost. But Frost DK doesn’t deal any damage really, and so, if they were to nerf heals, they need to buff single target damage dramatically. We are supposed to be slow, tanky killing machines, we have no cc, no mobility, no utility. Just healing and damage.

Imagine that you have range shaman spec that deals more damage and has better utility (Primal Earth Elemental). How do you want to get into M+ group? Nobody wants to carry you and I can understand it. I mained enh for many years but Legion rework ruined it for me and I rerolled 100% ele and I don’t regret it. Enhancement needs a niche and extra utility otherwise it’s a dead spec. I don’t want it to be another Outlaw Rogue in 8.2 where it deals broken damage so you stack it but if it would offer something unique that’s worth taking on M+ it would be great.

1 Like

It is same in arenas. Ele does better everything enh does + stun and second wall