Enhancement shamans

In arena, do people face any good ones?

Really interested in hearing feedback as I see hardly anything online about them for pvp at the moment.

Also I suck bad as one in pvp :sweat_smile:

Itā€™s just that the spec itself is very, veeeery bad in PvP at the moment.

1 Like

Idk is it good as ele,but i met few enh shamans and they hit like a truck

1 Like

They hit every 1 min yeah but they get deleted by everything.

Ele is extremely strong right now.

1 Like

You die too easily as enhance currently against everything. Ele has the better tools and advantage of being ranged in case of kiting, so you arenā€™t as vulnerably positioned.

1 Like

He lacks critical information PepeLaugh

Their dmg isnā€™t the issue - if they can connect, they do hit like a truck. Their issue is survivabilityā€¦

I always read this but I donā€™t know where this comes from.
My stormstrike crits for 15k with 6k off handā€¦ on 400k HP targets that feels like nothing.
My biggest hitting spell is sundering and that does only 40k crit with 2 fire wolves up :confused:

even with ascendence the dmg only comes if you are lucky with resets but the big numbers are still not there.

so not sure why, but my gear is not bad by any means and yet my dmg is mega garbage in pvp.
usually I am dead before I can do anything anyways lul

biggest dmg was chain lightning but that got pruned ehehe

1 Like

i miss old ride the lightning so much man:(

2 Likes

Well, never wondered why enhancement shamans were pretty much dead, if they hitted a druid with thorns up before they fixed it with an internal cd?

Before the fix I saw enhancement shamans die within 2 secs, because their hits werenā€™t (arenā€™t) that big, but with luck and cds they hit very very often.

Iā€™ve also seen an enhancement not that long ago on 2.4k in 2s. His damage was so extreme, that my heal begged me to peel him down. In the end it was the right decision because the enhancer had trouble with surviving. Pretty much what Iā€™ve said in my post. :wink:

Anyways: He also hadnā€™t big numbers, but obviously a lot of small numbers, which will do the same overall. ^^ The dmg in PvE rankings is comparable with WW Monk, so not super duper, but also not bad.

of course I know that enhance consists of many small numbers, but there arenā€™t many left to begin with.
We have flame tongue and stupid mini dot and windfury which doesnā€™t do much.

the only dmg I do is to targets that have no armor at all. Mage and Monks are the only ones I guess.
Can only do dmg if they are afk though, because cannot catch any of those.

Many small numbers are also only effective if you can stay 24/7 on the target, which we absolutely cannot.

In pve pugs I smash the meters, pretty much always 40k+ dps and no.1 but my numbers in pvp are just sad. Healers are just laughing without ms :confused:
There is not much you can do wrong, so I doubt it is the playstyle that changes the dps :octopus:

and yes in your scenario, just smash the enh to win. If you would put a slow on him he would be also pretty useless. Even if he has feral lunge, you can stay in the dead zone and he can never use it lel most useless talent in history

Sorry dude, but that sounds more like a frustrated but biased PoV. I wouldnā€™t say I know much about enhancement shamans, but from what Iā€™ve seen they deal really good dmg and no healer laughs about it (if you use your stuff correctly).

Their main issue is the survivability. They basically have only a very few stuff in their pockt to survive in 3s any kind of burst, when their healer is in cc.

Anyways: Iā€™m kinda wondering on what your post is based. This is no flame or what so ever, Iā€™m just kurios since you donā€™t seem to play PvP anyhow active. Are you talking about duels or stuff? Because they are super pointless and shouldnā€™t be used to reflect any class strength/weakness - in other PvP stuff (open world / unranked stuff) it depends more on who you are fighting with and against.

Enhancement is one of many specs that needs some love. I hardly ever see enhancement shaman in pvp. Every shaman is healer or ele. All weak specs should be buffed up little pit.

From what I have seen, the only enhancements actually pushing rating are those with extreme gear. Without gear its brutal as that spec.

Thatā€™s almost every spec though

Lol if you think enhancement doing good dmg try dueling 400 ilv DH and lose to him with your 450 enhancement. Clases with many utilities like rogues, dh, dk, resto, frost mage, destro warlock wins. Lets compare shaman utilities to others:

1 stun 4 sec that you can run away from it
1 30% defensive on 2 min cd
1 castable poly
Weak heals that use 2 resources
1 big burst cd that is counterable cause you turn into one big pile of lightning crap

Ok now others:
DH
2 def cds 1 is 3min , 1 is 1 min
2 stuns
Lots of evades and 40% leech
Airborne 150k dmg
1 instant incap
Awesome mobility

DK
2 stuns
2 antistuns
2 antimagic stuff
Pull
DS heals 6,7 in row
Pets dmg
Heal absorb attack

Destro warlock
1 aoe castable stun
1 fear 3 times
1 coil
Tank raid boss
Chaos bolt 100k spammable
Teleport
Demon armor
Dont play them so dont know defensives but i can guess its 2

Dont play frost mage but
Poly
Roots
Freeze circle
Steal magic
Teleports

Rogueā€¦lolā€¦best pvp class.

Even monks are deadly with they 12 sec cd parry burst attacksā€¦

What triggers me is that nerf to gaining mana while Iā€™m in combat. I donā€™t know what fool thought that was a good idea.

All they had to do was tune down the damage/heals and BAM enhance is fixed but nope lets nerf their heals then damage then mana regain loool Blizzards logic. Or better yet bring back shamanistic rage and Glyph of Feral spirits

Oh and Hero/bloodlust being on GCD has got be the most retard decision ever having to wait 2-3 globals before i can burst lool

It is a very bad time to play 3ā€™s or 2ā€™s as enhance . 1st of itā€™s a melee spec that has
one defensive ,Spirit walk (which is very strong but itā€™s only this one.) Earth shield doesnā€™t help at all and the burst is bad compared to other melee classes . Has very little cc ( good luck getting a castable hex with a melee class in arena ) so that leaves you down withā€¦ capacitor and sundering.And capacitor can be easily countered soā€¦ Sundering that does good damage and stuns forā€¦ 1 second. The PvP talents we have I think are more BG oriented . I have played many battlegrounds as enhance and he brings utility to the team, as for arenas , raids , ,not so much , As much as I would like a general damage increase I would surely prefer having more utility WAY more.

idd and ascendance can de dodged by a dh ( which is a nature spell school ) This got to be hotfixed as itā€™s magical. Immortal dhā€™s got to go now from this game on pve and in pvp. No more excessive movement needed for this class. feral lunge has to be baseline ability for an enhancement for better connects and target swaps. Blizzard fix this as you hotfixed Unleash life in the middle of expansion for the restoration shaman after few expansions. This is fair isnā€™t it?

I would say so is yours. If you just randomly got destroyed by an enhance shaman which would be very rare as there are 2 left in the game.
It is the same as i say a ww killed me in 2 hits because he was lucky with a crit streak or whatever.
Getting more than 10k dps in pvp is really difficult as enhance and 10 k dps means targets not dying quickly.

Healers laugh about the dmg because we donā€™t have any ms effect. Apart from that, 4/4 healers can just walk away from you and ignore you. Enhance mobility and slow is terrible and every healer has better mobility than you.
I dare you play enhance and fight an afk holy pala. You literally need 30s do down him. Try hitting an afk resto sham in ghost wolf, guess you will never kill him lel
It is not biased, I actually tried it in duels and in bgs it is just frustrating to play at all.
Playing pvp is not all about arena though and it is currently pointless to play pvp as enhance, so I gave it up for now :confused:
But I donā€™t mean you are wrong, but I just want to know where that ā€œbig dmgā€ is supposed to come from, because my stormstrike doesnā€™t do much dmg even if I get back to back resets. I do destroy mages and monks because they have no armor, but they since they are so mobile, you still donā€™t do dmg :o

EDIT: actually I remember the time when I do crazy dmgā€¦ if people forgot counter strike totem. Yea that one does easily 50% of my dmg in bgs