ERA is more alive than wrath

Well, that happens when you play on a dead dead server.

It’s not like there were many other options as far as PvE servers went, EU-side. I do wish we had something like Mankrik on this side of the Atlantic, as well.

Yeah, Classic was great, not surprised it’s still doing well. Maybe I’ll go back to it a few years from now.

Don’t forget to bring your Milanyewhatever, Cupid and their cancer community with you.

Im already playing both, now can you please do what you have promised to do forever and just go back to what ever pserver you crawled out of

Comparing vanilla where you actually have stuff to do outside of raids to wrath where there is nothing to do besides sitting in capital, waiting for raid and joining bgs/arenas doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Once Wrath is over ill likely go back to Era. Or if SoM is up again, there. I have no interest in Cata, or anything else really beyond what weve had since 2019. Start again, sure. Cata, im good, for now anyway.

Anyway, this all depends what server youre on. What youve said is way too general, the title should be, “ERA is more alive than my Wrath server”.

Thing is, ERA is two clusters right, so what youre seeing is 50% of all players playing ERA, i might be wrong but thats how ive understood it. So of course it’s going to be ‘more active’.

What i will say is, Wrath has way more to do, and far more goals to set yourself. Because you have all that legacy content, as well as the daily hubs from TBC and Wrath. Like, Loremaster, 40 reps exalted, Explorer title, 100 mounts… etc etc. Issue is, nobody seems to want to do that stuff, and thats the majority of the content. Most people just sat in Dala on their Black War Tiger they got through Stone Keepers Shards.

I want to run AQ40 for my rep and mounts. But i hardly ever see it. All people do is raid log. A lot of people don’t even know the tacs for dungeon bosses now. Everything is a skip run… like, why are you playing the game just to find the quickest way to skip the most content possible. Its so conlicting in my mind. I get gamers want to be efficient nowadays, i do too, but it’s very obvious to me that most of us are only playing WoW jow because it has this permanent place in our lives, we don’t kniw what we’d do without it in the background to go back to. And so most people raid log.

By contrast Vanilla has basically nothing to do other than level, farm gold and get gear. So while i would love to go back, there’s not enough there to keep me logging in without SoM progression.

Wrath is pretty much retail light, I expected nothing else.

2 Likes

wrath is retoilet lite, not a real MMO like vanilla.

2 Likes

It doesn’t help that even without the bot problem the community is atrocious compared to era in era you pass the prologue of your character creation there are already people inviting you to there guild, people help each others, send items do dungeon , group spontaneously.

On wrath classic nearly nothing goes, no ones talk even if you do the first move and try to make new contact , the list goes on you don’t log for a few days on a random guild you are kicked rofl …

it’s a game, the purpose it to have fun and play together not brag about fourteen years ago title and raid …

It took my warrior 2 weeks of naxx 10/25
Heroic+ voa10/35 to gear up to 4600 gs.

Naxx 10 drops naxx 25 loot also.
Its very easy to gear up for ulduar…
If you actualy put some effort in.

There are alot of groups running naxx badges run and even ulduar badges run quick and easy.

Voa spec runs are all over the place,
Hell even gdkp if you got the gold.

I wanted to give my 2 cents about this.
There is in EU at least 2 servers that are fairly balanced and they are PvP servers, you have a Spanish one called Mandokir and also you have an English language server called Thekal.

These 2 are pvp servers and i have watched since the release of Wrath they have had a balance with the 2 factions.
I don’t know much about Mandokir but Thekal was a fresh server released with Wrath and because Jindo had huge queue when trying to get in.
There was 3 fresh servers released for Wrath, 2 of those are practically empty, the only one still standing is Thekal that people keep saying that it’s dead because recently it had an important amount of people leaving it.

If we consider Ironforge Pro to have any accuracy in it’s data, Thekal currently has more than 4000 overall which would be around the same population as some servers in ERA.
I have a character in Era, i know that it will be there forever since i don’t believe that Blizzard will shoot itself on the foot because they know that there will always be demand for Vanilla, so I’m not concerned, i can always go back to it and that makes me happy, especially when so many were saying that Era is or was dead and we now know that is more alive each day.
So i can always go back to Era but i want to play Wrath for many reasons, i never played anything in WoW before Pandaria, and Arthas is my favorite character and Northrend seems to have nice zones and since Wrath was the expansion that had more players subscribed to the game back in the day, i want to have a taste of it.
For that i decided to start in Thekal, i know there’s servers with bigger player numbers like Gehennas or Firemaw but i don’t want that, Thekal has way less players than these 2 servers for sure but maybe it has a more united community with less gear score mindsets on their heads, i immediately found a nice guild.

I see people saying all the time that they love open world pvp but then they go to those monofaction meagservers…i think that people, in general, are just meta slaves.
Maybe in Thekal the PvP isn’t such big deal in the open world but maybe we have it more there than in some megaservers.

If you are thinking about changing servers, you or anyone here, check Thekal and see how it’s going there.

Yeah man me too. Shame cause Zandalar Tribe was fairly equal in classic but the server died in TBC and everyone transferred to Earthshaker which is 99% alliance.

All my best wow memories are world PvP.

Yeah, seems like pvp is dying out. Most players on my server seems to be pve players, why they chose a pvp server to begin with i dont know.

Im playing on a mega-server atm to find players for arena, but seems like those days are over too. Maybe i just cling on to the nostalgia of OG wotlk.

1 Like

Finding other competent PvE players to play PvE with. Almost every PvE guild of note (say top 100) is on a PvP realm.
We don’t like it any more than you do, but the unwritten rule is all the competent PvE players are on PvP realms, PvE realms are casual dad guilds. I know it’s more gray than that in reality, but that’s the popular perception. It is what it is.

Yall are aware that vanilla never left right ? Unlike TBC, you can still go back (and to be honest some of the people on wotlk should have stayed there) and enjoy it …

I would have absolutely played both retail and wotlk if that was an option …

Also there are no GDKPs and RMT on era because its dead and wont make any proper money xD …

That has changed recently; sadly we have GDKP runs now which also caused botting to start up and - i can only guess here - RMT as well.

Because it’s not the same public.
Put pro retail players on Classic ERA and you will get the same.

I remember my first Wotlk experience and it was far away better than this Wotlk Classic.

1 Like

The cope is real jeez

Most players have jobs and families unlike when they were much younger back 20 years ago