Erevien is a dangerous extremist

This has gone for too long. After countless unwarranted provocations by the notorious Blood Elf mage known by the name Erevien, this forum must take a stand.

Too long has this forum been a victim of his extreme and hateful lore views.

I hereby invite all of you fellow lore geeks to take a stand against the tyrannical mage, and end his arcanic oppression. No long shall we feel the ice cold statements. No long shall we endure his fiery hate.

Stop feeding the mighty beast, he can conjure his own food either way!

Take a stand today. And while we’re at it, Blizzard, please fix the lore will you?

Am I doing this right? :crazy_face:

14 Likes

i stopped trying serious discussions with him a few weeks ago, and answering alltogether a few days ago. I think he only grows in power with every answer to one of his spammy trashposts.

1 Like

Jesus this place is dead.

4 Likes

this situation is hillariously bad. From my perspective, ideally I should support the devs over publishers and their greedy practices, condemn B. Kotic, etc.

Yet here I am, looking at some changes in WoW. And the only sad thing that I can see is that while I hear about “be respectful with your feedback”, etc., the devs just ignore it. How many years people were asking for the high elves? What is the point in getting void ones out of thin air? Why complain about angry players if that is how the devs treated them in practice?

And what is the most :salt: part of it all? That likely the change to listen at least to some feedback happened because of poor financial results of BfA. I should on paper support the devs over greedy financial department. Yet at this point in time that financial part is the best bet to point out to that keeping the dev process as is was actually a bad idea.

gl hf

4 Likes

I mean it would be nice if there was a way to maintaining the sub, whilst donating straight to the devs and not paying Blizzard as a whole.

Activision-Blizzard seems so morally bankrupt as a company, sometimes I wonder what that means about player like us who although fully aware of their bankruptcy, we carry on paying them. Sure we still enjoy parts of this game that we’ve been playing for so many years, but can’t help but feeling hypocritical.

Yup.

I would support people who work on the visual side of the game. Sound is occasionally good too. Raids / dungeons here and there too. The rest… For 1 Ardenweald theater, there is a war campaign of BfA /sadface

Or at least that’s how I see the thing. Not sure what other players like / dislike in the game overall and narrative specifically.

gl hf

I am flattered by this call out. Continue. Do your duty. Your efforts are appreciated.

6 Likes

Erevien’s great, his posts make up for a healthy daily edge shot. Someone had to devote himself to this role right. Man’s the hero we didn’t know we needed

6 Likes

I don’t mind him. Sometimes I even agree with the fact that Horde lore has been a disgrace since MoP; I’m on a roleplay realm, so I never found myself dissing the roleplay too hard. I’ll always loudly disagree with him though.

2 Likes

Yeah, The Devs really can’t demand that fans not be angry at them when it feels as though half of the story decisions on BfA were made out of pure spite.

2 Likes

I hope people do realize the joke in all this! xD

Not as good at writing dramatic edgy forum posts as you though.

1 Like

I am not mad. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

I feel that if you want to discuss the story and or lore you have to go into the US-forums via level 10 alt character. In every other forum it feels like they’re only the same five-ten people discussing without any new input.

Oh dear, it’s on…

Oh absolutely, all the art related aspects of the game are only getting better with every expansion, visuals, sound, cinematics, voice acting etc. The talent is there. And when you look at other more recent blizzard IPs, it makes you wonder simply how magnificent a brand new “WoW 2” built from the ground up would look like.

1 Like

uh oh, looks like battle lines are being drawn…

But yeah, you know what, that’d sound pretty cool. Wouldn’t mind an honest cleansing of lore to build something new if that is what is needed to refresh the image of the game.

2 Likes

They try it from time to time. Like changing some details of Arthas story, or Illidan. Somehow the devs think they can do better than W3, etc. But I would enjoy the story more if the new devs work on new things and leave the old story lines as is.

gl hf

1 Like

More like… a whole reset. Drilling holes in a - semi-decent - storyline causes a lot more issues to me. Like the effect of retcons.

1 Like

I found the alliance nelf druuds having extreme views of the BFA incident and not him.

When they started flooding the forums demanding horde to be dismantled you didnt had an issue then right?

He is just doing exactly what they do.
They actually still throw hissy tantrums over Sylvanas and horde in the forums like 1,5 year after?

So he does and that seems pretty fair to me.

2 Likes

I’m trying to make a bit of a meta joke to entertain myself, and by the looks of it, Erevien as well!

And funnily enough, this is my most popular and engaged post on this forum! :rofl:

1 Like