ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception

hello blizzard and all players, i have an error that pops up at the start of world of warcraft. Does anyone recognizes the problem?
ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception
ProcessID 11608
ThreadID 12352
Exeption: ACCES_VIOLATION
The instruction at 0x00007ff938e9a7a1 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000000
The memory could not be read

yes i already have tried everything blizzard reccomands when you search for this problem.
the problem

my memory when I look at my pc is at: Windows C: 106 gb free and Data D:468 gb free, and the game is installed at my Data D: drive

already thanks for looking at my problem :slight_smile:

Hi there!
Error 132 has a lot of things that can cause it!
We’ve got an entire article on the error here. Please try all the steps and if that doesn’t help, make a ticket so our tech wizards can advise you more specifically :slight_smile:

I still got this issue and I have done all of those suggestions. I got a reply from a gm on my ticket, but none of those solutions worked either. Been 2 days without a reply now.
It must be a game issue because it started with the small patch that was released Tuesday morning.

1 Like

Had this issue one hour ago fixed it with this topic :

Thanks! I’ll give it a go! I’ll update if it works or not.
EDIT: Nope! Made it worse

What happened?

My crashes are happening less now than it did two days ago, but I’m still constantly crashing in Torghast, covenant base and dungeons. Open world and Oribos is fine. Crashed twice in 5 min in Oribos after adding the command line.

Sorry for the slow response, was at work.
The other memory leak I know of is the one caused by DX version in the game.

If you’re using RCLootCouncil, try updating it. That seemed to have fixed the numerous errors/crashes I started getting today.

Done dungeons all evening without any crashes. Torghast is still f*ed though. I didn’t change anything, just randomly got better.
Hopefully a sneaky fix comes for Torghast soon too.
Tyrienne, I don’t have RCLootCouncil. Thanks though!

I have the same error as the missaniqeu. I have done everything that blizzard reccomanded but still. Even have deleted WOW folder from program files 2 times. First time in all my years even the cinematic at the beginning is so laggy and if I skip it fast I can’t see any of my chars. I have them on the list but if I click on them i visually don’t see them.
My computer cpu or ram is not even going close to 50% when launching the game.
Thx for the help ahead :slight_smile:

Well, was nice to have one evening to play the game. Crashes are back in full force now.

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, game crashed on 3 occasions with this fatal exception message and also asked me what I was doing at the time then the whole lot gets sent to Blizzard. There is obviously a known issue which has yet to be resolved.

For me the crashes started this evening.

We were experiencing this issue for the past few days. It came to the point where we had to drop DirectX12 and use D11 instead which seemed to solve the problem (but for how long, I won’t know).