Essence account wide please

I’ve actually stopped caring about these arbitrary convoluted systems they keep thinking up to put in the game to then just rip them out at a later stage.

Find the best three, get them and then set and forget.

Playing a game is supposed to be fun… Hear that Blizz… FUN!
Not mind numbing chores and hard bloody work.
I miss the simple days of predictable gear dropping in bosses, tabards for rep gains when you fancy the grind and professions making the difference to gear upgrades.

2 Likes

Yes and? How does it change fact that its power gain? And power will never be account wide thing? Just like gear progression? You literaly askig for free power on characters you dont play. People were ok to play 1 character in vannila, tbc and even in wotlk. Alts become thing becouse time to get our mains to the end point was shortened lot. Mostly consisting just raid logging so people spent that time playing alts. They used alts as filler to when they run out of content on mains. Essences bringed back long term progression and game is again all about that 1 character of yours just like it should be. And no people will not quit they will just play 1 character what they like thats it. Alts are finaly again alts. They are not supostu rival your main or be anywhere close to your main without putting in same amounth of time.

Maybe it would be ok if gear would be actualy hard to get. But it isnt. You can get gear ready for high end raiding in couple of hours. It is sad but all this ap systems pretty much exist becouse game and gear progression become way too fast, easy and acessible. Maybe if game would take actual effort and gearing wouldnt be so easy Blizz would not have to create this artificial time increasers for you to grind.

it does not

i wish you did

rank3 gives only vers, additional secondary resources given at lower rank. In other words you don’t need to grind r3 lucid to have additional icicle.
Dude, really, you should have stopped embarassing yourself long ago.

Is still 5% dmg loss

Essences are the “fix” made for the lackluster classes in bfa, it’s unreasonable to think they are justified to time gate and spread them over all the content of the game, just to make you do it all over again for every character.

Guess what, no one asked for anythign of the sort when we had to worry about gear only, as i already said we had no problem with gear, we kinda had no problem with azerite power, we have a problem with essences.

Should account bound character progression exist?
generally no, but neither should essences, you can’t justify a system that literally requires you to do all the possible content in the game (like it or not) for weeks. It’s not a good system and they are required if you don’t want to get carried but want to contribute.

2 Likes

Only thick head around here is you. Not everything is about %.
Bosses have mechanics at specific timers, on mythic they are usually tight, so missing that 1k dps can be a difference between kill or wipe. Ashvane - she will restore shield when you used 2 shields strat. Orgozoa - additional arcing current cast or add spawn can be gamechanging. Zaqul - you won’t destroy shield for Dark Pulse, you’re probably gonna wipe it without raid cds, externals.

Essences are game changing and they are locked behind BORING grind / timegates. I wouldn’t mind having to do M+ for each essence, but I won’t force myself into world quests / bgs for every new alt.

The vers it gives is actually very important for a Mage in arenas, can you not realise that’s why rank 3 IS important, vers = less dmg taken and more dmg done, that’s on top of the passive it provides with the icicle generation, the amount of vers given off Lucid dreams and off Conflict & Strife is actually what makes RMD for example the strongest comp at the moment in 3v3, due to the survivability it gives Mages and Rouges, combine with the CC the comp has lets them out last everything else in dampening when played properly, and you are trying to tell me it makes little difference? I keep mentioning Lucid Rank 3 because of the time it takes to get that due to the achievement req, it wasn’t because its the only one that matters, that and Condensed Life Force rank 3 are the worst ones to get in my opinion, you tell me im embarrassing myself? you don’t even know why these essence are good for certain classes or how they impact the gameplay to begin with, look into it, then we’ll talk.

1 Like

I just brought back one of my shelved alts to prepare it for raiding in 8.3 and realised has no essences barely any Azerite Neck level and I am gonna need maxed out azerite traits to even step a foot unless I PUG. (Which means I have to grind Nazjatar and Mechagon Revered reps to get the essences AGAIN and more!)

I am :ok_hand: this close to decide if I should find a guild or to PUG, and the latter one feels more attractive. While the Alliance already is hemmoraghing end-game players.
Blizz why are you like this?

Btw boys and gals, if you want to switch main or have a vaguely competitive alt, do it now, when 8.3 comes out you’ll have to do the legendary cloak grind on top of all the Others, so that’s another set of dailies to check and if i were you i woldn’t want to farm essences and cape at the same time.

Essences =gear. Both increases your power. Reason why you are ok with gear is becouse you know gear is dog **** easy to get nowdays but essences takes actual effort. It might shock you but majority of playerbasr engage only in world and lfr content and thoae players have no issue wirh essences. Doubth blizz will destroy their progression to please some high end minmaxers what want nothing but spam mythic+.

Guess what, if they only engage in world and lfr content, tehy are not getting essences! they may get the raid one, they may get one of the reps one, but there are like 10 essences, i say let’s not balance something on the people that don’t use it! Even if you want to “save” the casual progression make them account wide when they reach rank 3, most of those people won’t get them to rank three anyway.
Now let’s repeat what i already said and you haven’t adressed yet, gear and essences have a similar result, but they are not the same thing. There is no way to get the essences i need to do my content in the content i do, this is kinda acceptable and maybe even cute when you have to do it only on your main, after i’ve done it one time i know i don’t want to spam bgs all day, i know i don’t want to rank in arenas, i know i don’t want to do weeks of rep grind. So why can i get the gear i need from the content i like, but i can’t get the essences i need from the content i like.
Also if you believe that all the people that post about this on the forums are all m+ min/maxers (i don’t even do m+) you are delusional, they all probably care a bit about performance but that doesn’t min they are min/maxers.

I would partly disagree with this, while it is true the game throws gear at you, most of the time its random trash, I still haven’t managed to get the ideal stats on all pieces on my main mage and ive been playing it since the launch of 8.2, so id say its easy to get gear for Ilvl but not to easy to get the ideal stats.

Essences should have been a bind on account token system with a vendor. Then everyone could have done the content they like (pvp/m+/raids etc) and got their essences using the token drops. The ranks alts could get would be determined by the rank your main has: rank on alt is 1 lower than on main.

I could have done m+ while working towards my BIS essence which is from PVP. I detest pvp in every MMO I’ve played so admittedly i wont get close to my BIS

1 Like

Yeah i’d like rep and essences to be account bound, then i could play alts. Dont mind doin the grind once infact i enjoy it but can’t bring myself to do it again. Therefore not much motivation to level up alts knowin that after the grind of levelling another grind awaits, not lookin forward to another grind in 8.3 but il see how it plays out

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.