EU server is unplayable

When will we be able to play like on the american server?

66 Likes

probably in a few hours when most people sleep…

3 Likes

Looking at traceroute etc it seems we’re all playing on NA server for the beta

9 Likes

How could you join EU server in the first place? I am getting pushed to US one judging by server time..

1 Like

The servers are in us… all the streamers from there play with no issue while in the eu we get ping in the thousands.

9 Likes

You are right even OC and EU are push on NA servers.

So we all buy a beta that we can not participate , I hope they will fix it

7 Likes

Beta is usually NA based

3 Likes

There isn’t an EU server, look at the in game clock, it’s 8 hours behind UK time - which would put it on the west coast - i.e. CA. Given my 300-500ms ping as well it would make sense.. shame.

4 Likes

If i knew i would not have bought access , they are no mantion that it’s was region lock

19 Likes

It not just latency, something causes one to lag out in less than 1 minute of game time. Seems to only affect EU players.

14 Likes

Queue for login, login, play for like 1-2min, everything freezes except global chat, alt-f4, repeat.

24 Likes

This is also my experience. Play 1 minute , kill a few mobs and world completely freezes. alt f4 repeat. Ontop of the “login queue” there was also a “realm is full queue” Great experience.

I wonder if a vpn would change anything

6 Likes

Ahhh! That makes more sense now. Hmmm, bit disappointing if that’s what we’re going to get throughout the beta. I wish they’d told us that at purchase.

did you seriously buy it just for beta though?

i mean it comes with the new race on release, and some goodies for retail. that is why i bought it. the beta was just a bonus

1 Like

Yep. I bought it to play the beta so I could give feedback, test it, squash bugs and see what was new. It’s not an unusual thing to do.

10 Likes

Buying the epic edition just for the beta is not unlikely. I did it so I could test the new class changes, the new zones and the new race before launch..

4 Likes

Yah i have US and EU accounts tied to one Bnet and I thought i had the wrong beta install i just uninstalled everything after finding no way to change it. It looks like EU players get w/e this is. Aussie is probably x5 worse.

1 Like

I think their servers are going to be linked with NA anyway, aren’t they? Pretty sure they said that in the Q&A.

Same in Europe, I kept asking in chat if anyone else was having that, but I guess I was being matched with mostly americans?

1 Like

It is a network issue, likely routing. I had the same problem from Germany, disconnect after 30 seconds from the server (lag then freeze). Using a VPN to the US fixed it.

3 Likes