EU warlock feedback thread

18 pages full of advice and tips how to make Warlocks into an atleast ok class,
patch 7.1.5 is hitting whitin this week and not one thing from this topic was added...we are wasting our time here.
16/11/2016 03:45Posted by Mesmes
18 pages full of advice and tips how to make Warlocks into an atleast ok class,
patch 7.1.5 is hitting whitin this week and not one thing from this topic was added...we are wasting our time here.

Class updates for Patch 7.1.5 are still in progress, with much more to come. Please keep that in mind if you're looking at datamining.

Still hope for any positive change
Destruction
Talents
I got kicked from a dungeon because I decided to take a defensive rather than a speed boost and couldn't keep up, (this has also happened to others in the guild i'm with, on their hunter! only because they couldn't keep up!)
we should have demonic circle as our mobility baseline or burning rush
not a pair of legendary legs that make demonic gateway instant cast and only really viable for affliction & demonology, they have no haste!

to elaborate on gear, my destruction warlock desperately needs haste as priority stat (after intellect ofc) whereas affliction and demonology, ( I will b honest not checked!) im pretty sure stack mastery/crit or crit/mastery, but not destruction! every upgrade I've had has mastery instead of haste talk about gutted.
grim of sacrifice...what happened it "sometimes" procs a bit extra damage,
Rain of Fire to do some actual damage would b nice and what's with the cast time?

Too many baseline abilities have been taken and all crammed into the talent tree, this may b great for how blizzard would like people to play WoW I get it (some ppl have theirs set so their AoE rocks but their Single Target is meh, n others will rock single target but not so much on AoE, etc etc, I can see where blizz would like ppl to play nice and get the "boss" down, and it all balance out at end of raid, but its never going to happen!)
What's the point of this thread or all threads even if we never get any response back?
I was checking Skada after I saw Chaos Bolt hit for 1 million damage, which I was quite surprised about. The difference from lowest (I think between 300k and 350k) to highest was somewhere between 650k and 700k. Obviously, I got lucky with crit chance and with chaotic mastery, but when the difference from top to bottom is so big, there's a problem with the RNG system. Destruction's mastery needs to have a minimum damage amount. As I think I've said in a previous post on this thread, I get the whole point of being a chaotic class and there being a fair amount of randomness as a result of that, but this damage gap in our own spells needs to change.

Meanwhile, since there are several issues that people complain about when it comes to shard generation, I was thinking that a viable solution to appease all warlocks was to provide a cd that fills up all our soul shards (possibly even resetting our charges on conflagrate and future (7.1.5) shadowburn). I'm aware that each spec gets shards differently so you'll have to adjust the cd period for each spec. By providing Destruction with a cd (let's say 90 secs) that instantly gives you 5 shards, you allow us some additional burst damage, instead of the spamming of Incinerate, which is ridiculously boring. This also gives us an advantage when taking on AoE packs so that we don't feel like casting RoF is a colossal waste of shards. Rain of Fire usually just feels like a waste and it doesn't help that in Mythic you are out of combat for all of 3 seconds, so your shards have no time to recharge.

Maybe call it something we used to have, like Dark Soul, but change it for each spec. Dark Soul: Maniacal Chaos or Destructive/Chaotic Personality (for destruction, something like that).

Also, Shadowfury should be instant or at least 0.5 seconds like it used to be. Howl of Terror gets to be instant, which means mobility and forces enemies away from you. Admittedly this would be more useful for PvP, but using Shadowfury to interrupt often requires you to stop casting and then spend time casting another spell. By that point, it's usually too late.

There has been a lot of discussion about tankiness and mobility. I get that you want to make us tankier, but we still need to have some kind of mobility. We can't be the only class that doesn't have baseline mobility and also constantly falls victim to stun/cc in PvP
01/11/2016 15:28Posted by Vutk
Affliction:

1) Similarly to the Soul shards, affliction warlocks should have a base amount of Tormented Souls charges. Around 3-4 should be fine, this would help massively with the ramp up. Also there should be a Bad Luck Protection system in torment, that increases the chances of generating one if you are low on charges.

2) Unstable afflictions soul shard return mechanic is completely broken, it doesn't work on a number of boss adds & other dungeon trash. For example Helya's tentacles and the souls Harbaron spawns. However these still proc Wrath of consumption, fix this.

3) Phantom singularity pulls massive amounts of trash, rework this talent to only hit mobs you are in combat with.

I think these are great points.

Also, suggestions:

Affliction:

Have Haunt damage scale with Mastery: then it remains useful with high level gear.

Have Agony amplify its damage every time any of your abilities (not just Agony) damage the target. Increase max stack count, decrease damage (Writhe in Agony is otherwise too dominant talent)

Single target Soul Shard generation:
Have Drain Life a chance to generate Soul Shards: this promotes Affliction single target damage. Suggested tweaks:
- Agony chance to generate a shard to 1/4 of what it is now
- Drain Life chance to generate a shard to 1/2 of what Agony has now

Make 1st talent tier more interesting by affecting Shard generation rate
- When Haunt ends the ghost returns to you, generating a Soul Shard
- Writhe in Agony also doubles Agony Soul Shard generation rate
- Drain Soul generates Soul Shards twice as fast as Drain Life

Destruction:

Have Mastery increase:
- damage
- critical damage
- damage reduction
randomly. Then, criticals as a stat is promoted, Mastery is stronger on CBolts, and with less variance (two random rolls on Chaos bolts instead of one).

Focused Chaos: Cast two Chaos Bolts, rather than one with double damage.
A few words from an old Destruction Warlock
I also play warlock at a competitive level, im currently ilvl 877 - as destruction - been playing for more then 10 years, both pvp and pve- this post will focus on pve.
Since the start mythic+ dungeons, ive been having the problem of (when i even get an invite) not performing at the level of the rest of my group. On bosses "every" other class seems to have far better burst damage then me, which makes how my damage builds up over time, seem bad - on long ST target boss fights i can compete, and i even out dps other classes when there is af few adds, because of havoc. But during trash, which is a big part of dungeons or even burst boss fights, i do almost no damage at all compared to other equally ileveled players, even tho im doing the right rotations.
I dont know if this is just because i play bad, if its not, we do really need some love - atleast for mythic+ dungeons.

My biggest problem is how warlocks just arent invited into mythic+ dungeons, as i feel like we can compete on most raid boss fights (not counting any of the trash).

also i would like to know the reasoning behind moving Eradication to the same talent tier as Reverse entropy - is our ST too strong? - lol
My suggestions:
- Our mobility makes some of the Mythic+ templates really hard to compete with, having to stand and cast to immolate, chaos bolts, ect. when there is fire underneath you or whatever.
- Rain of Fire is also placed on the ground (dot), and in mythic dungeons trash tend to be kited/moved around a lot, so it almost never gets its full duration.
- We really need some kind of Burst aoe - cataclysm is nice, but not when the other talents in that tier is mandatory (Reverse Entropy).
- It seems to me that other classes have an easier way to switch between ST and AoE damage -maybe make cataclysm a spell, and give us another cool talent instead.
- Last but not least, the mana tap talent, how many picks that? really?
Hello, I have some suggestions i want to leave for Demonology PvP before 7.1.5 is released. I've Played demonology in 2V2, 3v3 etc.. for the past 4 years, achieved 3x gladiator titles and competed with the top players as Demonology in the ladder and noticed some very core issues with the specialization in 7.0.3 and 7.1.

DOOM:

Doom is a real nice burst dot that can be used as an execute, put pressure on a target or to line up your TKC for a nice burst. I think the Nerf was wrongly handled, even though it was justified in someway. It's not fun knowing your Doom is based on RNG to deal damage in a PvP situation. I've had it gone from 300k to 900k before the nerf, and it's not fun for either me or the enemy player, RNG is not a healthy thing in PvP.

So... to the suggestion. What you guys could have done is disabled Doom Double in PvP, made Doom 100% crit and left it there and it would have constantly hit for 400-500k which is totally okay in PvP, the enemy player knows whats coming to him, instead of being RNG'ed for 900k and ends up being upset and complain. The enemy player has time to react if he wants to dispell or leave it be, but here comes another issue... DOOM has no dispell protection mechanic that we used to have in WoD. Replace singe magic which is NEVER used in PvP because you need an IMP out which basically gimps your whole spec because our main demon is Felguard where we get cleave damage and a 4 second stun on 30 seconds cooldown. So this could be replaced with a new talent for dispell protection, where it either gives you a X amount of soul shards or X amount of Imps/Dreadstalkers. This gives the enemy player decisions if he wants to risk to take more damage for not dispelling it or take the risk to give the warlock something back for dispelling it, Doom is a huge factor in Demonology gameplay in PvP to simply get pressure out where it basically makes your damage negative if dispelled 24/7.

Master Summoner:

Currently Demo suffers from keeping their demons uptime to deal damage, the damage our demons deal doesn't compensate for the 12 second uptime and neither does it to get a good TKC out in PvP situations where you'll be sitting in CC for some times.

To the suggestion. What can be done is reworking Master Summoner to make it increase demons uptime, this would significantly help us to get a good TKC out, keep our pressure and feel rewarding for building all that ramp up. This would also give us interesting choices in arenas/rbgs against certain compositions if we would like to pick longer uptime on demons, a fel lord or observer.

Reason:

I'ts not fun when your specialization is called Demonology when 30-40% of your damage comes from Doom in PvP, when your spec is supposed to be revolved around summoning and empowering demons to finish of your enemies, instead it ends up being a DOT...
Affliction Again(PTR 7.1.5) the Worst dps on pve....please fix the affliction blizzard... now its the worst single-target dps on pve...why? -good work on PvP:)-for example: Best affliction Ursoc mythic 430k dps 885ilvl- 36lvl artifact hahahaah so low dps:( feelsbadman....
bring back old demo
Why do we need to choose between Single Target and AoE?
What is the point of talent choices when we just keep swapping talents per fight?

Talents should be us choosing HOW we like to play. There should be a tier dedicated to 3 types of AoE and we get to pick one that fits our play style. There should be a choice of 3 single target boosts and we should pick the one that fits our play style.

When the choice is obvious, there is not choice and talent tree is pointless.
WARLOCKS Are NOT invited !

that is it, plain and simple , at 883 ilvl i get rejected to like 95% of 860+ dungeons i try to get in.

Raids , dont bother , i am getting carried by my guild mates.

I am trying to switch to mage or something , at least they get invited.
a warlock is a debuffer no matter if demo or aff or destro
a warlock has curse of elements , of weakness, of tongues and these work on bosses like they always did to give something good to the group (want to take us portals withouth anyone dying and group healthstone (be my guest aslong as you give us the debuffs above mentioned) im sure everyone will do just fine withouth them, us included)
a warlock is a damage dealer not a visual parody with demons
every spec of warlock should be vialable and 100k dps diference (when the better warlock spec is around 400k st (demo) for 280 to 300 affliction) is just bad math and lowsy job from developers (its 25% less are you joking me and keep pretending you didnt noticed)
a warlock is a debuffer no matter if demo or aff or destro

a warlock is a damage dealer not a visual parody with demons
I've been playing as affliction warlock since the end of TBC (before that I was mostly destro since vanilla). Didn't really play much in cata, pandaland and WoD, but now I'm back and I'm a bit sad about my spells.

I want my shadow bolt back without losing drain life. It's nice being healed all the time without taking the healers' mana, but it'd be nice to have some burst, something that can crit big and help kill adds fast. Standing there draining life from adds just seems so slow.

I absolutely hate soul effigy. I've never hated a spell as much as I hate it. It's so clumsy, if the boss is accidentally moved a bit too much or there's adds that need to die fast I'd much rather just have phantom singularity so that nobody can whine that I don't help enough with killing the adds, because seed of corruption is just too clumsy now that only the damage that I do makes it explode. Also, because tab targeting is broken and for some reason my macros keep losing their commands I've just given up on soul effigy. Maybe it works for those warlocks that are more able to concentrate and don't have to be looking out what's going on and calling out things that ranged dps has to do.

RNG soul shards. Soul shards are needed for unstable affliction, which is our only burst right now and sometimes the shards just don't stack up. Also, why do the tormented souls go away so fast in raids? It's annoying gathering them up from trash, then people go afk for a minute or 2 and then the raid leader tells the new people how we do a boss and most of my precious souls and shards have gone down, which is really annoying especially when bloodlust is often used at the pull.

Just some general warlock whining:
And why can't we have waterwalking on our beautiful mount anymore? How is it that we can forget a trick like that? Has the dreadsteed gained too much weight? And it'd be pretty nice if the green flames could be turned on and off, I'm so bored of them already and the mount looks so ugly with it. Green flame is all over the place now and it just isn't special or fun anymore.
https://eu.battle.net/support/pt/case/detail/56847711
this was ticket i made some days ago:

'hello!
Not long ago i decided to return once more to azeroth since i've been playing since vanilla i have good memories of this game where i could get much fun.
for me playing wow have always been playing affliction warlock as main, it is where i feel good.
i remember smilling when i saw at the start of cataclism on recount as i would go on raid finder diferent dps classes beeing on pair and i thought this is how it must be.
now on legion how can this be explained? http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/ let me tell you this is not a good job, am i not allowed to play the spec i want? i get kicked from pugs from playing affliction and if i want to help my guild progressing then i have to play demo,
its this the way that you keep ppl thinking that the game evolves? by forcing ppl to play a diferent a spec so they have the feeling the game changed?
this is not right and i'm not happy about this
i've head that many locks have unsubbed and stopped playing so before i do that im manifesting my insactisfaction with things as they are.
affliction warlocks dont need to be top of chart but atleast they should be on pair (sort of) with everyone else'

this is the reply:
Hello Paulo,

Thank you for your contact and for the time you've waited for our reply.

I totally understand your situation, as my main is also a Warlock.

The game's class balance is something that is reviewed all the time by the developers. Many changes happen in an expansion life cycle, always with the intended to keep classes and specs as evenly balanced as possible. Sometimes the changes planned need to be tested for a good while, to gather specific data before they can be implemented by the developers.

Generally speaking, most classes have one or more specs that are on par with the others.

One thing to keep in mind though is that, as mentioned many times in the past by the developers, simulations that are comonly found on fan sites are not a valid representation of the classe state. Simulations are done assuming specific situations which are not attained while playing the game. A good example, which simulations cannot properly measuse, is the fact that most raid fights noways have movement phases, reducing how some classes perform in relation to others. The simulations you mentioned cannot properly measure things like this and will show up only how classes are performing (and even then, not accurate) in the very best case scenario, which is not really possible ingame.

Having said this however, keep in mind that your feedback is important and I strongly encourage you to provide it in the form of a forums post on the official forums; after all, the developers are the ones responsible for the game and any changes that must be done. Most changes done to the game over the year have actually been based on the community feedback so, be sure to provide it on the forums always.

Remember that more patches are under way, and some balancing changes are due very soon, so, keep an eye on the patch notes and forums! :)

I wish you a pleasant Afternoon and Have a Nice Weekend!

i used noxxic dps chart on my ticket as a example everyone knows that affliction is falling behind every other spec from any class (everybody exept blizzard
i want to play affliction and if i cant ill end up quitting
dont know what you have to do but do buff affliction otherwise ill revert my pleasant memories of wow for some not so nice ones

enough of bad escuses assume yourself you dont want affliction to be vialable in pve and in that case i bid you farewell or do your job properly
Tbh i tend to agree with the reply you got here. Simming where useful i dont think is very good to see a broad overall thing. also noxxic i would never use. i've found it to not be very accurate on many occasions. as for affliction right now its actually in the best spot it's been all expac and will continue to rise with increasing mastery levels. the reason you get kicked im assuming unless you have a whole new gear set is due to your mastery. according to armoury you have under 2k mastery the higher end of aff locks are all seeing anywhere between 10-12k mastery currently and there numbers even on single target are mid tier competitive at least .

your gear is perfectly attuned for demonology as im sure you know and is nothing to be snub your nose up at as its the best performing spec in raid content currently. as for affliction i would sit tight and build more mastery gear this is what im doing i would love to MS affliction if i can. but you need the mastery to make it work.
Balancing is no easy thing for sure. and regardless of any changes you will always have a top and a bottom and all the inbetween. i think what he meant is keeping the gaps from top to bottom as small as possible so we dont end up with a destro from SoO again.
Am a recently returned player, Playled moust specs since TBC, stoped playing when pandaria was realeased, now am back to a disapointing experience, already leveling my other chars, because playing my Loc makes me sad, i hate affliction filler, i miss Sbs, i am disapointed with Demonology, and it´s sad having to pick aoe or single target damage. My favourite spec is affliction, but problems from long ago just got much worse, ramp up time was always an issue, but never like now!!! In my humble opinion bringing the Dots boost back to haunt, droping the agony stack and buff its damage, and give us shadow bolts back, some mobility would be nice as well for pvp sake...