Even carbot is laughing at us

https://www.statista.com/statistics/276315/distribution-of-world-of-warcraft-characters-by-race/

That thread was about adding more custom hairstyles etc to nightborne, no? nigthborne is 1% of the players.

So 1% of millions of chars = nobody. Ok.

1 Like

So, you say that but seem to be talking about how great FFXIV is. If going by your own advice, you would say SE is a bad company and

20k characters worldwide, this includes low level alts. How many of those are actual nightborne mains? 1-5k?

I have done all I want in FF14 - have preordered Endwalker. I also enjoy a bit of ESO… both of them on my console. I also enjoy many single player games.

I have played WoW for 14 years. There were times I used to raid and do mythic+ but now I have a daughter with special needs I’m unable to commit.

I still enjoy lots of stuff in WoW though… one does not have to raid, pvp or mythic+ to be able to enjoy the game.

2 Likes

That’s a very narrowminded stance to take.

They also made some of the most succesful and celebrated games in history.
So yeah… that argument goes both ways.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t dispute the statistics, but it’s quite possible that one of the reasons so few people play nightborne is the lack of customization options

2 Likes

That is so true everyone has their own way of enjoying the game :joy:.

2 Likes

Yes, but does ff14 not offer much more to a person like you? when that game is not about raiding or hardcore pvp. Its about social casual stuff exactly for a player like you?

So, only changes to blood elfs, night elfs and humans from now on.
But yes, i happen to play with a nightborne main. It is not nice to call that person a nobody.

1 Like

Yes, 10-20 years ago, now none of the people that made those games work there anymore. Blizzard has a track record of losing millions of people every quarter since 2012.

Well i mean who are you to dictate what someone should like or not?.

Let people who enjoy what they wanna do in game be i don’t like your attitude on forcing people to play how you wanna play.

2 Likes

Why are casual social players, playing a casual social mmo? Because the game was made with them in mind, XIV was remade to be easy to get into for people that have never played an mmo.

Do you know anything about the history of FFXIV? did you even play 1.0 are you even Legacy?

I am simply asking? not forcing anything?

And yet they got heard and answered because:

• They were specific in what they wanted
  • They were constructive in the phrasing of it
  • They were persistent without being obnoxious
  • They didn’t get offensive with their requests
  • Maintained a positive approach
  • The thread built enough momentum (and stayed on track long enough) to become very large.

A small group can easily influence a large group if they do these things. How on earth do you think certain social rights were won?
Meanwhile, despite the hoards of complaints about stuff like borrowed power and SL systems, i’d wager less than 10% of such posts utilise many if any of the above, and tend to take on a “raaah i don’t like this because it’s crap y u no understand what I mean!!!” and end up getting derailed into a “let’s just trashtalk blizzard” circle jerk.

Take a leaf out of the Nightborne players’ book on this one.
Saw the same with the “high elf” thread and the eventual reveal of velf customisations.

It’s almost like the people interested in the oft-mocked RP/Lore and stuff actually know how to appeal to someone you’re asking for favours from!

3 Likes

Yes but it’s designer made it to be super casual. Most people are using it as a social hub.
It has a huge following from the LGBTQ community as people are very welcoming and accepting there.

It’s not enough to be a main mmo. I have done everything I need to there for now.

I have multiboxed in wow for 12 years. I used to 5 box but now I only run 2 characters… it’s renamed to “multi-tasking” now as I no longer broadcast :stuck_out_tongue:

So don’t you worry about me… I’m great!

1 Like

They got what they wanted because what they were asking was something that was always supposed to be there anyways :rofl:

Again, very narrowminded (and probably biased) way to look at it.
The fact that WoW is still going and turning a profit almost 17 years after its release is also a track record. Those ‘losing millions’ but then ‘gaining millions when a new expansion releases’ is also a thing. It’s not all as one-sided as you make it out to be.

1 Like

There’s a lot of stuff that you can collect there, and for some of it(like relic weapons for all jobs for example) the grind is way worse than anything we have in wow.

if you look at sub count graph since wrath its only down hill

1 Like