Exploits in WSG Premades & Horde favoritism

Well I’m sure you must have seen a certain gnome mage FC using the top of the tree to hide in the 49 bracket every single game for sure. I mean you must have been in many wsg with him the pool isn’t large in the 49 bracket. Also a certain rogue that hides with the flag on a certain unreachable fence near the alliance roof. You understand I play my alliance twink actively and seen this multiple times right? Also a couple of known nelf druids use gy jump.

I actually have no clue who that mage is, the only mages I remember from WSG are the good ones and so far I’ve met 1 called Peanut and I haven’t seen him do that I’ve seen him hide behind huts until the path is clear but I’m usually on the offensive so I guess I wouldn’t see it as much.

But on the other hand there is an Undead Rogue beginning with N and ending with Z who NEVER does anything other than stealth to the flag and then blow all his cool downs (which is fine) before he decides to either wall jump by the Horde BG entrance or wall jump up the tunnel, every game without fail. He’s usually playing with an Orc Hunter who also does the same thing. We still manage to win a good portion of the time but it just turns the game into 40 minute turtles and generally means I have to chase around 1 exploiter for the entire game and call out his location constantly.

I have no doubt that Alliance are terrain exploiting too but Horde do it much more often. I’d like to see it removed altogether or for Blizzard to actually punish these players.

You say you never saw him do that? For real? You actually even remember his name. You know that huge tree trunk plateau alliance right side a bit further from the heal hut, he carries the flag there on his own most times and just jumps to the top where he is immune from both melees and ranged and just waits there for support. Saw him get the flag to his base like that numerous times. He also does gy jumping.

Well as I said that’s the only mages name I remember from in there I didn’t think it would be him. Normally I’ll give the FC a freedom then focus on trying to repent/HoJ or net the pursuing Horde then going on offense to get our flag back so often times I haven’t been with him or noticed. I’m not saying Alliance don’t do it both factions clearly do but you’ll see it out of the Horde a lot more than Alliance that’s been my experience at least.

I’ve also been spending most of my time in 49 WSG for the past 3 weeks other than Sunday night raids on my main and I’ve been in about 10 BGs with him total over 200+ games I see Cameron and Bastoon a lot more than that mage and they both tend to FC and take it to our GY to defend.

As I know you play both factions can you honestly say that Alliance exploit as much as Horde in the 49 bracket without being biased?

Not sure tbh, there was an horde guy I used to watch doing it very often, gy jump or jump on top of their tunnel from an unintended position but I haven’t seen him in a couple of weeks so I guess he probably moved on from the 49 bracket. Other than that tauren druid I haven’t seen much more going on other than the odd same jump from random people to the top of the tunnel that I would call out. And I do call out when I see it regardless of faction. I haven’t played 49 since last reset as I’m leveling a new twink so I haven’t seen that rogue and hunter you mentioned, they are probably new to the bracket and with that behaviour I hope they move on quickly.

It’d be easier to remember if there’d be no xrealm flooding your mind with nonstop new characters and names over and over again.

Yeah I would much rather not have Cross Realms. My only 2 beefs with classic is Cross Realms and 1.12 AV, short list fortunately.

1 Like

This is why a lot of us twink in the first place because the player pool is a lot more limited than at 60 you’ll tend to see the same players over and over. Currently it’s the only thing that comes close to the Vanilla experience in terms of forming rivalries and getting to know people from that limited player pool.

As for that rogue you should have defintely have seen him as I can’t name and shame you can search 49 rogue shazzah ZOMBIE guild and he has a few videos up. He’s actually a good player so it’s a shame he has to resort to exploiting to win.

You also forgot to mention that the pvp quality on twink brackets tend to be much higher in terms of player skill. Only pvp dedicated players stick around. Much more fun to play a pug and actually be drafted with intelligent players most times as opposed to clueless lvl 60 pugs. Also a reason why alliance has a very good win rate on sub 60 brackets, because alliance queues aren’t clogged up with the clueless lvl 60 pve boys and only players that dedicate to pvp play sub 60.

I agree with the first part that is another reason but I don’t know about Horde having 60 PvE care bears… I tend to play in the afternoon and it can be hard to get a win when you have a bunch of level 40 warriors joining and continously running mid to die over and over. I actually agree with a lot of what I disagreed with you about originally and that’s Alliance players skill in general obviously the twinks tend to know what they are doing but the other players you get on your team sometimes cause me to smash my face against my keyboard like today I was in with a 44 rogue and I caught him applying instant poison and wound poison to his weapons whereas I’ve never seen a horde rogue not use crippling poison. I’ve noticed the lowbies on Alliance tend to contribute nothing but when you see a low level horde warrior he’s charging around applying hamstring and at least trying to be useful.

When I play in the evening though most of these players have gone back to farming ZF and you get a much better experience with playing mostly with fellow twinks.

But alas I’m getting a little off topic here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I made that remark about lvl 60 pve carebears because I only play the 60 bracket alliance side and I know damn well that smash the face on the keyboard 30 secs into starting the match as I realise I’ve been drafted with frostbolt spamming mages that haven’t keybinded polymorph. I also know this applies to a much lesser degree to horde players in the 60 bracket. That feeling goes away when logging the lvl 49 character and in it’s place I get an enjoyable feeling and a smile on my face when I see fellow team mates actually using their brains and being competent for the majority of time, peak times. Either side matches tend to be fun and balanced, I lose more horde side mainly because the best twink regulars are playing alliance and the regular horde twinks have been moving on and it’s got more tourists lately. Though I’ve not played the bracket in about week and a half now so can’t really say for sure what’s happening.

2 Likes

Though, I actually just read this part.
The OP is crying now xD.

give this man a break,all he needed was just to remind all of us that he is the great creator of that discord channel. Not even a week ago i honestly thought its about time whoopi should post,and i wasnt wrong xD

Jumping above their tunnel onto tunnel roof - not a bug, doesnt hurt competitive games
Shortcut near horde portal - not a bug, doesnt hurt competitive games
Sawmill jump - not a bug, could be removed
Wagon jump - not a bug, doesnt hurt competitive games
Horde slowfalling from horde GY to leaf hut roof - not a bug, doesnt hurt competitive games

Shortcut jump @ alliance graveyard - not a bug, doesnt hurt competitive games
Safespot @ alliance roof from the hut in banana - needs removal
Safespot on berserker hut @ alliance side - not a bug, doesnt hurt competitive games

Whining about casuals when you dont actually need a skill to achieve everything in classic…

You’re right and Blizzard totally agreed. That’s why they spent time trying to fix/stop it a few times.
Because they were totally ok with it and did not consider it an exploit.

Wait…

Uh… Why quote my quoting of him, which shows it as me having said it even though I didn’t? xD

Wow you can win vs pugs in WSG, congratulations, you’re so good. With better gear overall as well. Lawl. It’s like a team of 59 twinks playing vs lvl 53:s.
Facepalm.

Most horde wants alliance to have just as much fun as u you do.
the crap on forums is just a low % of the player base.

Mate, what are you playing? I have great winrate in both pugs and premades (respectably, pugging is viable at off hours). Horde is actually worse.