Extreme toxic players in dungeons?

Even in normal mode dungeon when you are simply just levelling up and maybe testing different builds and rotations you end up with these extreme toxic mythic speed runners with their alts whom expect everyone to skip everything they desire and go very specific routes they desire, and if you ask a quest for example you probably get flamed and kicked out?

I am so going to pvp, only doing the very minimum conduit farming from pve and maybe legendary :7

I enjoy playing the game and that it consumes time, not just skip every damn thing!!!

There should be option to que for speed run, or casual.
I rather play with new players than with pricks.

Why dungeon can be complete without defeating all bosses?
This is feeding the extreme toxic behaviour :frowning:

Also skipping minor trash packs in raid finder is never a good idea, there is always a pull, there is always casual player in the group, high end snowflakes simply ignore facts.

4 Likes

Nothing to do with mythic+.

2 Likes

Yeah levelling dungeons can be a little rough if you get grouped up with speedrunners boosting their alts, especially if you’re a new player or wanting to practice a new class/spec. The amount of times I’ve seen groups suggesting to kick a training tank on plaguefall because they have the audacity to want to do the first few bosses, and people wonder why there’s a tank shortage.

Honestly I just skip them now. For alts I’d rush my covenant campaign for loot and then look for a chill m0 groups to get my practice in.

That was always a thing. Some people just expect everyone else in the group to follow them and I also never saw a point in skipping stuff in a leveling dungeon. But there’s not much you can do about it, I guess. That’s why I always tried my best to skip leveling through dungeons when I level an alt, and just level with quests. It might take more time but at least I can do it at my own pace and I don’t need to worry about my group being full of toxic people that are just killing the game for everyone else.

I doubt there is any solution to this, since it was like that before and it’s like that now.

2 Likes

I just don’t get this “rush, rush, rush” mentality. I find it ironic when people get angry about it and having their time “wasted”…well playing a computer game is wasting time by definition. Nothing wrong with wasting your time now and again, immersing yourself in something and chilling. Absolutely fine. I don’t always want to rush, sometimes I want to relax and savour.

3 Likes

When people are used to “rush rush rush” because the content they mainly do happens to be timed runs, it may be hard to drop the habit.

And for those who are just always like that no matter what they do, well, no, I don’t get it either.

Don’t blame the players.
A boss kill takes time and gives very little xp. Killing the final boss gives a big chunk of xp. The players didn’t make this design.

You are calling other players “pricks” and “toxic” just because they want to play the game more efficiently. It’s not their fault that Blizzard made skipping the most efficient way of leveling.

My response to threads about topic is always like this: The majority of the group should decide. If 3 players say kill, then kill. If the 3 players say skip, then skip. If the 2 other players try to enforce their minority opinion, then they are the “pricks”. Very simple, right?

I like how people tend to blame anything they don’t like as the cause for things like tank shortage, low subs or whatever.

Random dungeon finder was introduced about 12 years ago in Wrath of the Lich King. From day 1, tanks had zero or very short wait times in queues. Meaning the tank shortage existed even before the random dungeon finder existed.

Also, if a new tank gets upset about a very simple party issue like the majority of the group wanting to skip a boss and decides to give up tanking for that reason, then tanking is not for them because they won’t be able to handle further abuse later on.

Some players find end game content at max level more fun than leveling. So they want to do the “less fun” part in the shortest time possible so that they can have more gaming time to waste on “more fun” activities.

Easily changed by making the dungeon not count as “completed” unless every boss has been killed.

A bit like M+ already works. Of course, adding a trash % requirement would be just cruel.

Which is funny when “having not only to kill every boss but most of the trash, too” seems to be so much fun that they can’t stand to do it when it’s optional.

Fine. Until Blizzard decides to change it, we don’t get to call players “Pricks” just because they want to play efficiently.

And since most players like to skip (like 80% of the time in my experience), I don’t think such change would be welcome by the majority of the wow community. Probably this is why Blizzard didn’t do it. Personally I would prefer that more dungeons allowed skipping bosses.

The reason end game content is more fun is the challenge and the rewards. Trash and boss count has nothing to do with it. In normal mode there is no challenge and no worthy rewards.

Since when do you care about what the casuals think?

Since I started playing wow in 2005 because I always considered myself a casual player.

But I didn’t mention casuals in the statement you quoted. I said most “players” like to skip. That includes both casuals and hardcore players. I am basing that statement on my experience when leveling alts where 80% of the groups prefer to skip.

Great, as long as the conclusion is that no matter the skill level, people are generally lazy and want most reward for least effort stands, I’m happy.

I don’t think skill level was even a point of discussion at any point in this thread or the previous thread where you and I argued about the same topic.

And there is a difference between “lazy” and “efficient”. In my opinion, skipping existing optional bosses to speed up the leveling process falls under the “efficient” category. Wanting Blizzard to make more bosses optional so they can be skipped falls under the “lazy” category.

No, there really isn’t. Both are literally “least effort for most reward”.

3 Likes

If someone travels from Madrid to Barcelona taking the shortest path possible instead of traveling via Moscow, would you call that person lazy?

Okay, you have a point. I guess clearing all bosses in Plaguefall without making a detour to De Other Side is indeed “efficient”, rather than “lazy”. Maybe we should draw the line when it comes to venturing over to a totally unrelated place mid-trip.

But you know…a person who drives 500m to the grocery store to buy a sandwich rather than walking…yeah, they’re sodding “lazy”.

oh just wait! Next lvl toxic in RBG in random pugs.

People skip bosses for faster xp/lvling. Specially healer and tanks like that as they have sub 1 min q.

You example is different because it has two rewards: “A sandwich” and “walking as a healthy exercise”

Killing an optional boss is like driving 500m to the grocery store, not buying anything, then driving home. No sandwich and no exercise.

There is NO WORTHY REWARD for killing an optional boss.

Assuming that by “exercise” you meant “practicing the mechanics”; I suppose you’re the first person ever who said that people should just skip that.