F for Forsaken. We had a good run guys

So it’s over?
Forsaken are finally destroyed as a faction with them being happy for Sylvanas absence and Sylvanas turning away from them herself.
They have no suitable leader, and being a faction that is run by strict military hirarchy literaly created by and with Sylvanas at the top they have nobody who can represnet them properlu, nothing to do in the world where faction conflict is no more cince the constant war with living humans is their defining trait.

Forsaken troops comparing Sylvanas to Garrosh, because yeah, that’s how forsaken worked all this time. They just hated Sylvanas because they live in a police state where nothing is permitted and you can’t even read books. Thank god they are now free and can reunite with living. Maybe even make Calia their ruler! Reclaim the old kingdom of Lordaeron!
Not like Sylvanas, that tried to KILL THE HOPE and blocked anyone from entering upper city so they don’t GET HOPEFUL or something

How it was possible to confuse Autoritarian military faction with Police state is beyound me, but i guess writers just don’t comprehend this kind of nuances.

We all knew this was coming from day 1 of BFA and Before the Storm, hoping that we are wrong, that we just needed to wait until the end, not jump into conclusions and see the crazy twists.
And here we are. “Forsaken” remaining only in the name, with core of the faction about to change.

I’m sure that i’m overreacting, but my faction lore was the last bit of lore that i was interested in cince late WOD and this developement is just painful to see.
And what about you guys?

In conclusion i would like to thank Alex Afrasiabi and pals for this lore. After pointless demon retcon in WOD we all knew you could do it.

15 Likes

What bothers me the most is her stating that she pities the Forsaken after having had one of her major arcs be wanting to find a way to create more Forsaken because they deserve a place in the world.

Thanks Blizzard, I hate it.

16 Likes

Press x to doubt

2 Likes

I mean, I don’t know what you expected to happen. You guys have been on an evil streak since WotLK. Throwing around plague like there’s no tomorrow.

I feel like this issue only bothers Sylvanas loyalists. Regular forsaken that are just dead and making the best of it shouldn’t care too much.

2 Likes

The Forsaken situation has been shamelessly sidelined and ignored.
Villain batted, leaderless, scorned and despised by their own faction, and without a relevant figure to step up and shoulder their story forth. Zero means to evolve or sustain themselves (Valkyr probably left with Sylvanas).

Even now, the worst is yet to come. They’ve yet to introduce the lore abomination of the Light-Undead, and the unending pitying of misunderstood soul searching trip they will be forced into by Golden and pals.

A damn shame really. Not even Orcs after Garrosh, or Darkspear after having Voljin shafted, had this bleach and grim situation/impending outcome.

My condolences to those that grew enamoured of the shady and pragmatic faction that was marketed initially with the game.

13 Likes

Yeah cause we only picked to play Forsaken so we’d be the ugly guys so the sexy races feel even sexier, nothing to do with being a crazy, toxic waste wielding undead monster. Nothing to worry about guys, our future is secure.

10 Likes

My issue isn’t Sylvanas even being evil, that’s fine, but this ending is so rushed and based on essentially Saurfang baiting her with the lowest hanging fruit just because they wanted to be done with that arc.

A lot of the issue is that they seem to be shoehorning in Calia and her Pity Party as the logical replacement. It’s also the fact that we’ve waited so long for this conclusion after so many questions were raised, to only have it be yet another cliffhanger.

It feels like a slap in the face to have NPCs be as distraught and confused as the players having been given so little to work with and the horizon being so bleak for the race.

5 Likes

I actually think this might be a chance for the Forsaken. Up until this point everything was about Sylvanas. Everything revolved around Sylvanas. Now they suddenly have to make decisions on their own and have to act on their own. They are now actually free undead and don’t serve essentially Lich Queen 2.0.

I’m hoping that Blizzard does something about them…and don’t leave them hanging like the orcs or trolls. Latter ones still have no clearly defined leader.

6 Likes

Almost all forsaken are Sylvanas loyalists, except few cases. At lease they were, until this latest developement came. They were a giant military faction, unlike many other, with little to no strictly civilian activities, they were playable scourge.
And that’s why many forsaken rolled forsaken back in a day.

I understand that this can’t get you very far, and after death of Lich King developing forsaken is a challenge. Challenge that Blizzard traded for some poetic bullsht.
Like in the War of Thorns. Death force destroying the kingdom of elves “DURR, like Lich King destroyed Silvermoon, HURR, you become what you hate”
It’s fantastic narrative tool used countless times, but it just pushed forsaken faction out of a cliff and nobody in the Blizzard seems to have realized it.

I expected the forsaken to be handled with more care, preserving their faction a little bit more. My last fear is Calia, and it’s not a stretch that she will come to “Forsaken’s aid”.
Of course! Because “Forsaken were forsaken by Sylvanas, jesus so clever and sad”

6 Likes

Sylvanas branded them “Forsaken” after just freshly murdering humans, when the only person to have “Forsaken” them was the Lich King.

Clearly, she already planned to forsake them back then in her convoluted 4d chess plan. Wait and see. She will be the good guy all along because she has pity.

Or something. I’m sure someone can twist that better than me.

3 Likes

Before the Storm essentially showed the Forsaken as inept morons, that saw how hard it was to lead on their own without Sylvanas, and even the Council was kinda relieved she was back. So now they’ll likely be a lost flock and they’ll get the nurturing embrace of Momma Menethil.

Eugh.

6 Likes

We might disagree on other things, but at least here I am completely on the side of the Forsaken fans. Calia is literally the last character who should lead them. I’d rather have Desolate Council 2.0 and the Forsaken going back to ‘Undead Lordaeron’ style.

6 Likes

Under other circumstances I’d agree.
But given the situation they are in, with no discernible figurehead on sight, an open animosity coming from the rest of Horde races, close to zero race holdings, and the upcoming arrival of the likes of Calia, I doubt that whatever comes next turns positive for the race that was and that players grew fond of.
And there is a big IF pending in front of us regarding whether they’ll get any story at all.
Because if we are to take the orc or troll examples as precedent, chances are high regarding them being utterly ignored and shattered for years to come.

As I said in another post, I’d love them having a story and motives without Sylvanas. But I don’t think that going this way was the best route to achieve it.
They had already ample room and stories taking place that didn’t involve utterly destroying her character, and making said plot tear their race a new one in the process

2 Likes

As one of the greats said back in the day:
LIGHT WILL FORGE THEM A NEW ONE

Most disappointing part avout this is that since day one Forsaken have stood beside Sylvanas and her politics. Their hatred and disdain for living was mutual. And when it came to make a choice all of a sudden most of forsaken happened to be surprised that Sylvanas had been driven by personal goals.

Since when Fosaken became Horde loyalists is beyond me. Yet another great writing.

5 Likes

Because years of political manipulation, devoting themselves to the cause and convincing themselves that Sylvanas are right can be undone with her just saying that the Horde, the organization many of them don’t actually really care all that much about, is actually nothing.

They keep humanizing the Forsaken, that’s the biggest L of all.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing compared to what happened to the Night Elves in BfA

1 Like

At least the Night Elves got that feisty, independentist identity back.

Forsaken just got sad, their identity has been destroyed yet again and then they look like they’re about to be led by a Menethil and a Proudmoore.

1 Like

Well, not really. They got new powers but they have shown to be insanely weak and useless even after that.
Also, all night elf zones got destroyed and most people wiped out

2 Likes

They’re defeated, but have direction.

The Forsaken are no more.