F for Forsaken. We had a good run guys

Not when the devs said that it’s over already

Night elven counterpart in the Horde are Forsaken. I would say it’s comparable.
Yeah, you got shafted badly, with weird new lore that even conects to Forsaken! I’m talking about rasing Nelves as Dark Rangers.
But don’t say you got it worse, both cities destroyed with no rebuilding in sight, weird lore and faction destruction are giant problems in forsaken too.

As a rule of thumb, when your faction is getting attentiion from Blizzard writing team and our boy Afrasiabi you are going to be disapointed.

1 Like

Don’t derail the thread with Night Elf QQ, please. PLEASE.

7 Likes

Because devs wouldn’t lie, would they? They’ve already mentioned that Tyrande is out there somewhere planning even more vengeance. I don’t want this to turn into yet another thread in which we compare the Misery Meter, all races have it bad in ways, but this is the Forsaken’s thread to cry bitter tears.

I love the Night Elves dearly, I really do, and I’m less concerned with their future as I’m fine with tragic defeat that fuels future things which I’m sure are coming, regardless of who said what. The Night Elves in-game also are asking for more revenge in the refugee dialogue. My only concern there is that they make Tyrande also go full psycho and dispatch her character in stupid fashion.

Elaria… shouldn’t we just join up the Forsaken and the Night Elves? Just make them go together as the BfA Losers faction.

But yes, back to Forsaken. Tink tink.

1 Like

Forsken were never pragmatic. But I argue if they had it worse than Orcs or Trolls.

They will have it once it’s confirmed that they get Calia for leader. But Voss could be as much their leader. How is Voss any Different to Rokhan or Eitrigg when it comes to viability?

1 Like

She isn’t, she’s imho likely to be the Forsaken leader, but I fear the worst and Calia might be the Alliance Undead leader, which kinda shatters the point of there being Forsaken when the people that “rejected you” (in your mind anyway) are openly welcoming you.

I just have a gut feeling that we’re going to end up with “sad zombies vs. angsty zombies”. And I hate it.

5 Likes

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

This was the Horde faction. Not the “Forsaken” faction and not the “Scourge” faction.
Many of us were alienated because our choices were to either play a Scourge minion or quit our characters entirely. People like YOU didn’t care.
Now you get to feel what we did. Unpleasant is it not? Bye bye.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s a healthy bunch of people that regardless of their personal preference in loyalty have been pretty aware that we’re all on the losing side of horrid writing. Forsaken fans have been as alienated as any because they had to be convinced that there would at least be a saving grace in the end and that their race as they knew it and enjoyed it wasn’t forever ruined.

6 Likes

Which I would be sympathetic towards, had any of this lot been sympathetic to me and the narrative’s expectation that my Light worshipping good leaning character should perform necromancy and spread blight for a leader she hates.

But they weren’t. So I’m not. I’m well aware this is a ruination for all involved, even Alliance players who had to play the role of the beige innocents the whole time.
Still, if we all have to burn together I can gain some satisfaction from it. Haha.

1 Like

This looks like some kind of nightmarish fanfiction.

6 Likes

Where did this butthurt come from? Where someone forced you to play scourge minion? And most importantly, what it has to do with forsaken faction?
Existance of Forsaken somehow trumps existance of the Horde? They managed to get along pretty well all those years doing separate things mostly.

I think the major problem is that WOW was not designed to even change the warchief. All faction leaders are archetypes.
Like, did you watch Star Trek? Spok was the logical officer, McCoy was the compationate one and Kirk was the guy to make dificult decisions that satisfy everyone.
I think Horde leaders were written in similar fashion. Thrall was wise and leveled, Voljin was sort of Nathanos to Thrall, a covert ops type. Sylvanas is a General that leads undead, Cairne is a nature loving tauren trying to protect it.

When warchiefs started swapping, it led to problems with garrosh being the last one i could believe in. Voljin just did not feel right and of course Sylvanas, as much as i like her, had no place being warchief.
Those characters are simply not developed for that.

9 Likes

I just find it amusing that Calia and Derek seem to be getting along pretty good with their old friends and loved ones, so apparently the Forsaken joining the Horde to begin with was bogus because the Alliance would’ve welcomed them anyway.

I mean, I find the idea of Forsaken in the Alliance way more interesting as the “token evil teammate” thing and with loyalties to a now-dead kingdom (which was, in fact, the core of the Alliance originally) instead of arbitrarily joining the Horde because the script says so, but this whole thing really makes it out like they were just too much under Sylvanas’ thumb from the start to do anything themselves, and Sylvanas apparently wanted nothing but to do evil since Day 1 of taking over Lordaeron, with the whole “police state” concept you mentioned.

The Forsaken are a plot device, nothing more, apparently.

3 Likes

The dialogue between Jaina, Calia and Derek is so sugary it’s actually disgusting. No room for evil there right now.

4 Likes

It’s not like we don’t have “Dark Mirror” with cringey Sylvanas love story that nobody asked for. And nathanos in last loyalist quest calls Sylvanas “My love”

Calia: Ah, Jaina. What a relief to see you safe.

Jaina: Hello, Calia. Big Brother.

Derek: Word has spread of what happened at Orgrimmar. Is the war finally over?

Jaina: It will take time for all the pockets of fighting to be quelled but… yes, I believe so.

Calia: Azeroth has seen so many wars, so much strife. I pray we have earned a respite.

Jaina: As do I. Have you been able to find peace in your own heart, Derek?

Derek: I still have some rough seas to sail, but I’m much better now, thanks to Calia. Without her guidance, I would have been truly lost.

Calia: I’m so grateful you brought us together, Jaina. This time with Derek has helped me as much as it’s helped him.

Jaina: In this wake of this war, others will need to find their footing. Their future. Perhaps you could guide them, too.

Derek: Maybe they don’t need answers. Maybe they just need hope. Like I did.

Jaina: Well said, big brother. Come, let’s take a walk. I am so grateful to have you both back in my life.

I’ll take a million “my loves” over this horror.

3 Likes

Yeah, the opportunity for the Forsaken as the token evil teammate for Alliance has long since passed. Now I guess we rebuild Lordaeron and install Calia and her boobs as the new queen…

I really don’t understand why Blizzard insist on giving the undead leader characters big cleavages in their outfits… she has a brand new model, they could have done ANYTHING with it other than corpse-cleavage!

1 Like

Let me give you hope.

2 Likes

She also does not look Undead to me. She reminds me of one of those Maiden statues. Sylvanas was also guilty of being prettified compared to the rest, but Calia should be a corpse.

Such a shame that you cannot kill hope.

3 Likes

I’d say that an alliance of convenience that had them willing to tone the worst they could offer and contribute (even if because they were contractually obligated), to the factions interests, showed a pragmatic approach that still kept what made them unique and stand out. Without being villains for it.
Even in Cataclysm, they offered a more utilitarian approach that regardless of the fact that they were more open regarding their bad habits, still contributed to the Horde faction and their war effort. Yes, creating what would come as natural frictions punctually.

Regarding Voss, I’m not opposed to her becoming leader.
But she is a plain soldier that lacks the regal and commanding traits that any leader should have. Same reason for Eitrigg and Rokhan. Both are soldiers, and good ones. Not leaders.
They’ll always seem second to guys like Thrall, Gadrin, Voljin,…

Same reason Saurfang was a good soldier, but not as good as leader.

Only Lorthemar managed to pull it together regardless of his military background. And it took him 5 years of character development in order for it to not feel forced and irrelevant.

Going back to the Forsaken case, Voss is fine…but not as leader.
And even if she could indeed be thrown as a candidate, Calia at this point is simply more probable.

1 Like

You all who think this story writing is good forgot the vanilla forsaken intro??

“Convinced that the primitive races of the Horde can help them achieve victory over their enemies, the Forsaken have entered an alliance of convenience. Harboring no true loyalty for their new allies, they go to any lengths to ensure their dark plans come to fruition. As one of the Forsaken, you must massacre any who pose a threat to the new order, Human, Undead, or otherwise.”

3 Likes