Faction imbalance, the only real solution

Whilst I can see the value in the proposition, I also can see how that could tarnish the experience for some.
An interesting approach might be to open a “fresh” realm that is labeled “balanced” that will open up the faction change mechanic once a month to balance the active population. This could be a haven for people who care about playing on a balanced server.

a valid option but i think more servers is not ideal at the current time, we have quite a few low pop ones that will need merges in future i would think, definately a good idea in future maybe after progression ends

Well it’s not too unlikely that we will see future fresh servers that will cycle through the progression cycle again I think.

yes i hope so too, would love fresh progression servers like eq does, want to focus on a fix for the current imbalance though as i think something needs to be done fast before people quit indefinitely or wait for new fresh etc

Even though your post is way too long to actually get enough attention, I still agree with your points. I also believe the only way to fix this faction imbalance mess blizzard has created is with majority to minority one time faction changes. But I very much doubt that Blizzard is going to offer this before it’s too late (if it issn’t already)

yes i did worry about the length of it lol, maybe il add a tldr at top, thanks anyway i think if we talk about it more maybe they will see sense, as it is now i see people recommending faction queues and of course bg release but these wont help i dont think so i wanted to start this discussion now

faction queues alone wouldn’t help, but on top of free faction changes they definitely would. also the release of the bgs (and the inevitable long queue times for horde players) would motivate more horde players to switch. So overall I think it’s a combination of the three, but the other two alone won’t have any effect without the faction changes what so ever.

yes i agree all three are needed for a real effect, so many people shouting reroll but its just not going to happen now

Paid transfer would help anyone willing to pay up so thats a lie.

Faction queues would help alot, cant overhelm when you dont have 5-8000 more players on horde side.

Bg released soon will take out pvps to those places, unskilled gankers will remain only.

Faction change wont work as no hordes willingly give up their advantage they have now.

How can one man be wrong about so much ?

We’re talking about FREE faction changes, so idk why you are talking about paid transfer all of a sudden?

Long queue times for horde will force them to go out in the world and gank alliance to stay competetive → bg’s won’t fix it

And of course there will be A LOT of horde players who would switch. It must be incredibly boring to be looking for alliance players to kill all the time. Just as much as it is annoying to get ganked all the time.

So how can one man be so wrong about literally everything?

i have said me and my guild and many others on my server talking through discord have said we want to change, if you choose not to believe us thats fine… im not trying to argue but come on, how is paid transfer going to help when all the pvp servers are at least 60% horde or far worse, bgs will leave horde in world to gank defenceless players even more and ally wont be there to help, this is not wrong at all, like you say faction queue might help but then if you propose it like that you could have 1000 allies online and not allow 6000 horde to play lol, thats alot more disruptive than an optional faction change and THEN using queues to keep it there

It literally says “Paid server change” at OPs post i replied to so sit down kid.

World pvp ganking will not even come close to the honor needed to rank up at higher levels. And yes BG will siphon out players from world pvp.

Thats what you think, horde players wouldnt give up their advantage in having more numbers then the opponent, it helps with more then just pvp.

not all of them will sure but it helps to get closer to balance, paid server transfer alone isnt going to solve the overwhelming majority horde players, and yes of course wpvp isnt enough honor but horde HAS to wpvp between bgs or they will not be able to compete with those who do, its not optional i hope you realise

You think you can compete against others hordes farming BG by ganking lowbies in menethil harbor and flight paths in searing gorge ? You cant

what are you on about, you QUEUE BG enter 60 min queue then fly somewhere and wpvp until queue pops, rinse repeat, this is how horde rank on pserver and it wont be different here, you think horde just afk 1h? lmao

I couldn’t agree more, I know a multitude of players who unsubscribed because of this - me included. The only real solution is free faction migrations to even out the balance - otherwise the game is dead.

1 Like

I doubt this would change much, if anything.

I play an Orc Hunter because that’s what I played years ago. Came into Classic only knowing 2 people and I’ve made friends in an amazing guild. We have lots of Shamans here who are awesome to play with, why would I ditch them? Why would I leave my friends behind and why should I change from my favourite Class/Race combination?

I don’t know anyone ingame who would take this free faction change.

I came over to the EU from Oceanic servers, and an Oceanic server with a bad imbalance actually had free faction transfers.

https://i.imgur.com/0soDob5.jpg
https://www.engadget.com/2014/05/21/free-faction-changes-to-begin-on-barthilas/

Did it work?

https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/barthilas

Nope. People transferred to the Alliance then changed server. Nothing changed.

i totally understand that most people wouldnt want to swap and leave people behind but my point is there are some of us that do and it will at least help somewhat, also thats interesting i dont play retail but its a shame to see it wasnt successful, maybe it would work if theres no server transfer available? or if you have any suggestions please say im trying to find a decent solution but theres alot to consider obviously

edit: i mean faction unlocked paid server transfers so people cant just migrate to majority favored servers

The solution was in the past, if the company had not neglected the number of players that actually would play the game for a long time.
They trusted the idea, taken from nowhere, (because everyone knows that vanilla/pservers were very addictive and plenty of stuff to do), that around this date only a few neckbeards would still playing.
Population and faction, should have been capped before the release and plenty of servers should have been available to choose. Meanwhile, Blizzard should have mentioned that faction balance was crucial at long term, helping players to fill the servers in a healthy way.

Now, mitigate the situation, probably goes trough transfers from horde to alliance, offering some kind of perk, but even that sounds far-fetched.
In servers where the unbalance is more noticiable, the routine of farming honour will be: Queue for bg and immediately go to wpvp, which will emphasize the unbalance problem.

completely agree with everything you said, i dont think this is a fix but will mitigate it somewhat maybe, if thats the best we can do after all the damage done then so be it, despite so many people saying cancel your sub and quit on forums id like to think something could be done