Farming Zin 'anthid is hell

Paragon boxes…4k gold per one and you get to 10k rep in no time.

1 Like

To be completely honest, this isn’t on boxers, this is on the dev team and their design decisions. Boxing was never a big problem for non-boxers before. The reason boxers are now a rampant problem for non-boxers is:

a) gathering nodes instant force despawn after a certain number number of taps, introduced in Legion because people making large groups and having fun in ‘seed raids’ was somehow considered degenerate player behavior
b) Zinanthid being a necessary component in large quantities for every single current Alchemy recipe while being effectively farmable only in a relatively small area of a single zone and impossible to acquire in any other way

Where a) is a classic example of the dev team fixing something that wasn’t broken while breaking three other things in the process, while b) is a classic example of profession design given literally zero thought.

And both could be easily fixed in an afternoon with a couple of hotfixes. Throw away the instant forced despawn since seed raids are no longer a thing. Give Alchemists a Zin’Anthid transmute and make Zin’Anthid drop from Potion of Herb Tracking and make Zin’Anthid replace Cata/MoP herbs in Assault zones as a rare spawn. Job’s done, boxers can still do their thing, non-boxers and casual players can get a bit of the herb while doing their Visions stuff, Alchemists have a way to self-sustain their production a bit better, Follower Equipment and the Mission Table have an actual point to their existance, Zin’Anthid prices drop a little but so much that it tanks the market, everyone is happy.

2 Likes

Really interested :slight_smile: i make around 1000 to 1500 daily with WQ’s. Obviously depending on available WQ’s. 5000 is way over my normal income :thinking:

And the problem is, 250 is 13 flasks x 1.5 for procs = ~20 flasks. I think i burned that easily in only the last 2 days. We need way more. Thinking also about pre-pots, healing potions…

It’s not just world quests though - you could spend an hour farming old raids/dungeons that give good gold. Throne of Thunder could give as much as 2500gold for what’s only about half an hours work. Granted that’s only once per week but I reckon if you spent a few hours farming old raids each week you could easily nett 10k+ gold which is another 500 Zin things.

I need to find out where these raids are maybe :slight_smile: I started in legion so i barely have a garrison.

Here’s a link to another post I found - shows some figures that somebody did. Really useful if you need gold to buy items.

2 Likes

If you are supe geared the tank/healer lfd bag rewards like 900-950g plus 1-4 runes that sell for 170g.Takes me on 450ilvl 15min.

1 Like

This. It isnt necessarily the boxers that are the problem(not saying they arent either) but if they wouldve just let them spawn at other placed as well the problem would be way more insignificant

1 Like

This is what i am doing on free days (non working days) on random heroic dungeons :slight_smile: It is good income. On my server the augment runes sell for 125 though. But still nice extra.

2 Likes

They’re 70+g on my realm… like hell I’m paying 14+k for a bloody stack…

Ah - i’d have thought though that if youre on a lower pop realm (with higher prices) that there would be less competition for the herbs? IDK though, I only looked at Draenor AH.

You can farm herbs on any realm with server-hop, isn’t it? But you can only buy and sell on your own. So when you have a small realm where multiboxers from other servers get ‘your’ herbs, then they are not available for herbing yourself AND they are rare on the AH to buy.

We should find guides for server hopping ourselves :thinking:

You must be out of the loop for a few expansions with regards to cross realms, and sharding… That’s one of the stupid things we got atm… people can void resources from your realm to sell it on theirs.

Worst still when there’s now less people doing Nazj now, so there’s fewer instances of the zone.

I really don´t think it is fine.

2 Likes

They are also getting people killed in the process. The multi-boxers drag huge amounts of mobs on people trying to clear the node for themselves. I was killed two times in a row by the same flock of birds.

What did i do? Log off in disgust for a few hours. I was that angry. Tryign to clear a node and not only does it get taken from you in your face as you try to clear it but them you die as well as they carelessy or with intention drag a huge amount of mobs right next to the node.

I am not going to buy shadowlands till i know what the score is. I have 3 alchies with herb/alchy so i can supply myself with pots and mutes. If the same continues in shadowlands with the business as usual treatment then that is the end. Ill sell my account and be done with it. It is blizzards choice. Not mine.

I am also pretty much done farming over there as it now takes about 3 hours to get 250 herbs which a boxer can get in 5 min. If they want to treat us that way i will vote with my wallet. This is the only way these people understand things.

2 Likes

I just hope Blizzard brings back pots like we had in Legion.
It surely doesn’t make professions more interesting, meaningful or whatever when farming mats is one of the slowest ways to get them, and people rather run old raids for gold to buy them of the AH.

1 Like

I agree, it can be hell alot of times. Doing several rounds and if you’re lucky you’re able to farm 3 nodes.

My strategy is; camp a node spot till it spawns. Then do a round, but a faster one than that the node can respawn. You do get some flowers… some.

I know about XR & sharding - but rarely do I farm excessively or buy stuff tbh so never really occurred to me.

I just did a little test - I spent 30 mins farming in Naz and got 113 Zin’anthinds (On Draenor that’s 2260g approx). Took me 42 minutes to clear Throne of Thunder and got 2536 gold. It was way more fun doing the latter and I reckon if you did it on a DH or Druid it would be much quicker than 42 mins. I think I only had it set on normal 25man aswell.

Edit (3.45 BST). Just spent 10 mins fishing in the vale - Abberant Voidfins and the other one. They average 20g per each too (on Draenor) so in the same half hour it takes flying like a loon and picking, you can earn more gold than it costs to buy Zin’anthids.

I guess what im trying to say really is - don’t bother tearing your hair out trying to farm them when you can make more gold than you need in the same time it takes to farm them :slight_smile:

That can’t be right, there’s people here on the forums every week telling me it’s IMPOSSIBLE to make gold without multiboxing, either you are full of it or they are and… Oh.

2 Likes