Fastest way to level pets?

So i want to level a pet up to level 25 but my highest level pet is 11 so what would be the fastest way to level up.

I don’t have the garrison.

More than you asked for, but I just reposted a copy of a post I made on the old forums. It’s a a more complete guide to getting a starting roster for battling.

Skip down a bit to the video and explanation below it for the method of getting one pet (not one of yours; some random wild you pick up along the way) to 25, after which you can buy 25s on the AH.

This is a copy of a post I wrote on the old forums. I have edited it a bit to bring it up to date.

1. Get a pet to 25.

The basic method is to have pets that you battle around the zones, taming good-looking recruits as new pets, and defeating the Tamers in order. As Horde, you should follow Taming Kalimdor to start - then Taming Outland, Taming Northrend, Taming Cataclysm, Taming Pandaria. Each tamer gives you a quest to the next, I think.

Alliance characters do Eastern Kingdoms instead of Kalimdor

which sometimes causes problems for people trying to do pets on characters from both factions. If you have characters on both factions, it’s safest to do either one, but not mix them until you have completed one.

As you do that, you will naturally level your original pets and the ones you tamed along the way.

You will learn about families, and what is strong against what.

There are short-cuts.

If you have a level 100, you can buy your first 25 by getting your Draenor Garrison to Level 3. Then a quest pops up that rewards you an Ultimate Battle-Training Stone, that levels one pet to 25 instantly. However, you will not, of course, learn anything at all from that.

Without that stone, this video shows the fastest method for getting one level 25 pet

Basically, pick up a couple of level 4-6 crabs.

Fly off to Badlands where you can use them to beat level 14 critters.

When you have captured a couple of level 14-16 crabs in Swamp of Sorrows, fly to Valley, where you can beat the Critters and capture a 23.

Now go to the Briny Muck and serve your inevitable hour or two looking for the Blue P/P Emperor Crab you’ll have to catch anyway someday (so you might as well get some XP out of the search).

Once you have one pet at 25, you can buy level-25 pets at the Auction House and learn them.

2. Get a full team of 3 to 25. (Quickly followed by a half-dozen more.)

Beating the high-level tamers requires a decent team. You will need to choose your first pets well, to be able to beat the battles you face. wow-petguide.com has strategies for all major tamers and quests.

Here is a list of the most important pets to get in general - not specifically for Naz and Mech, where most of the load can be carried by a H/H Valk + Ikky or a Sen’jin Fetish + H/P Innfected Squirrel - but for use in general:

These are all well-used pets that will serve you well.

You might take special pleasure in doing the Raiding With Leashes achievements to go back and solo old raids, to get the pets that drop from them. You can buy them at the Auction House, but the other way is more fun and more satisfying. :slight_smile:

3. Open up the Pandaria Tamers and the Safari Hat for daily farming.

Pandaria and Draenor Tamers each reward HUGE XP once per day. Once you have defeated all Pandaria Tamers you can challenge them all daily. Draenor Tamers are easier; you can challenge them any time. Amelia is especially easy.

With the right team, you can beat a tamer with two level 25s, and bring in one low-level pet for one round. That low-level pet then scoops the XP jackpot, and gets enormous XP from the tamer battle. A level 1 will get to level 11 in one battle. A level 11 to level 16 in another.

Legion Tamers used in the Family achievement are infinitely repeatable when their eorld quest is up, and are the richest common source of XP.

4. Farm the Legion and Pandaria and Draenor tamers to level more pets.

This guide shows the fastest ways to level once you have some of the most important pets.

This is the stage when you spend your time rehearsing all the battles again and again … and again … and again … :stuck_out_tongue:

You will also be collecting more pets from the wild, from old raids, and from the Auction House. :stuck_out_tongue:

5. Continue with the Pandaria Spirit Tamers.

6. Do the Pet Dungeons and then Celestial Tournament and Family Familiar.

The following addons are near-mandatory:
Rematch (organises pets and saves your teams)
BattlePetBreedID (shows the breed of each pet)

I highly recommend
Pet Tracker
Derangement’s Battle Pet Cooldowns
as well.

6 Likes

Thank you so much, this helped a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get one. It takes about 45 mins to acquire a level 2 garri, and then about 10 seconds a day (just collect garrison resources from the pile - they build up over the day) for about a week to upgrade it to level 3 where you can build your level 1 pet menagerie (level 1 is fine - no need to go further really).

three alts and a wq with 20 of that currency to by a boost token :stuck_out_tongue:

BFA’s new quest The Very Best Defeat 5 players though find a battle with a team of level 25 pets.
the queue time waited for almost 40 mins and longer for this sort of battle’s I don’t see any use of that in BFA what so ever sense this mini-game has died just the way of heroes of the storm esports got cancelled

When were you queueing? 4am?

If you queue 19:00 - 22:00 servertime you rarely have to wait more than a minute or so.

You must have bugged the queue out somehow. During the event it pops in around a minute less at peak times.
The queue system Acti-Blizz have implemented is very buggy so if you don’t get a queue in 3-4 minutes just requeue because it would have likely bugged out and you would never get a queue pop.

queue time in-game 1hr 57 min I guess people are not doing pet battle’s in BFA any more huge waste of this quest The Very Best Defeat 5 players though find a battle with a team of level 25 pets.

You’re causing the queue to bug out its as simple as that. This is something that you are doing the queue will pop within a couple of minutes unless it gets bugged.

how am I causing the queue to bug sense there was no fix in recent patches note’s.?

Just leave and rejoin the queue if it does not pop in 5 minutes.
Its been bugged for years.

I would suggest that this Quest shud get a revoke or at least fixing this sort of bug that keeps happing to anyone else besides’s another pet battle I am skeptical about this in the future will there be a patch…hmm

So I’ve played 1000s of pet battles and it’s most often caused by the queue popping then instantly saying the opponents declined. I would always suggest requeuing after 5 mins or so because as it only needs to find one person it’s only takes longer than that unsociable hours.
The quest doesn’t need to be removed they have already removed the quest from each character to account wide.
They should fix this bug which I’d assumed could be done by automatically requeuing someone after 5 minutes as a background function.

I agree with Rosco - the queue is bugged. And it often happens to me when I have an opponent decline the battle as well.

Iv found it’s usually best (in my case anyway) to do a quick logout/relogin to reset everything. It’s irritating I know to have to put up with the 20 second logout clock ticking down, but it’s better than queueing for no reward at all.

Guys, dont forget the main line of this thread is a new battler calling out for help. With so limited pet roster, Its needless to discuss weekly pvp event quest. It would be gigantig time waste and pain for new player until he get 1 epic stone.
Other than all good stuff Grannie already explained, new players can just buy few cheap beast pets or few others with strong beast attack and spam Ordogg the snail guy (ih high mountain) as much as they want (respectively powerlevelling 10-15 pets to 25 within an hour)

2 Likes

The OP doesn’t seem to have done anything in response to Grainne advice or anyone else’s on here.
They haven’t caught many if any rare pets, I don’t know why they don’t have a pet with Devour e.g a cat leveling up and the team they have chosen is random.

No. OP has clearly decided to go with levelling in the wild. He HAS done a bit for a newcomer in a few days. Maybe you didn’t see his original state, or maybe, like most of us, you just look past anything that is not a Level 25 Blue.

I approve, for what that’s worth.

I think the force-boosting, shoehorn into the Xu-Fu most popular pets idea is bad. I know the devs have encouraged it, but it’s bad. OP has been developing organically, at the speed he wants. Sure, if a Method member had needed pets for the raid, they would by now have grinded 500 Blue 25s with the right stats, but they game should be enjoyed, not grinded.

1 Like

You mean they randomly caught pets and happened to level up because its Sign of the Critter.
The fastest way to get a level 25 implies urgency, something that would be obtained rather quicker than 5 days especially when it’s obtainable in about 1 hour playtime.

You still haven’t looked.

OP hopscotched using the method in the video. I think he took a wrong turn at Valley, going for the aquatics instead of the critters, but I know you should be able to recognise the pattern as far from random.

Thing is, when we’re all so advanced and have so many modern conveniences that levelling a pet to 25 is nothing, we tend to forget the way the original process was designed.

OP asked for advice. He got some. He chose to use at least part of it. The fact that he didn’t grind 24/7 is not a fault, and frankly none of our business, and definitely no reason to criticise him. If he asks for more advice again. I’ll be happy to give more, but otherwise he’s doing fine.

1 Like